It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Sheer Cover Mineral Makeup

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-13-2004, 01:28 AM   #1
    ClearSkin4ever
    Inactive

ClearSkin4ever HB User
    Sheer Cover Mineral Makeup

I have heard a lot on the Bare Escentuals, but I have heard little to no reviews on Sheer Cover Mineral Makeup. That's the first infommercial I saw on mineral makeup, then I saw BE today.

I want to buy Sheer Cover because it's simply cheaper. I can't decide whether to get Light or Medium because I don't know how they really look like. I know there are samples out there, but which one are really trusted to buy 2 different shades. I would need blush from BE because Sheer Cover do not sell many other makeups.

Has anyone tried Sheer Cover? Please share whether good or bad of Sheer Cover. I have heard enough of BE, but would like to know how you choose colors. It seems a tad complicated, and their website is a mess. Three of their links are the same thing. I thought I saw 19.99 for the club which I know I can cancel, but when you click order now, then I see 54 dollars! WTH? It seems complicated to find what it really has to buy it elsewhere.

It takes getting used to that they are really foundations in powders, right?

I am proned to acne, especially cystic ones. I find that the Almay Foundation make me have at least 2 or 3 reddish acne along my blush area in one or two days. Not good!

Anyway, let me hear a whole lot on Sheer Cover, please!

Last edited by ClearSkin4ever; 09-13-2004 at 01:31 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2004, 07:54 AM   #2
    Blue-eyedBelle
    Senior Veteran

Blue-eyedBelle HB User
    Re: Sheer Cover Mineral Makeup

If you're interested in mineral makeup, there are other brands that are even less expensive than Sheer Cover - and you can get samples of them for a really reasonable price. Try looking up Botany 101, Cory, Monave, GeoGrafx, Aromaleigh, Alpha Skin Care, & Evan's Garden. I've tried all of them & the ones that work best for me are Aromaleigh, Botany 101, & Geografx.

Old 09-22-2004, 01:51 PM   #3
    Kymberlee
    Veteran
    (female)

Kymberlee HB User

Hi,there! I saw your post and wanted to respond. I've been using sheer cover for about 6-8 months! I really like it alot. I used the Bare Minerals BEFORE I used the sheer cover. I like the sheer cover better. I'll tell you why. FOR ME, the sheer cover was a better color on my face. (I'm very fair and have acne rosesa) It also seems to blend easier for me and takes me about 2 min. to apply! It's very easy and they send you a video on how to appy it and hide the flaws. It also does NOT make me break out and they send you this concealer (that BM did not have or send me) that works well to cover up my dark circles under my eyes. I would recommend it for anyone. I think you'll like it if you try it. It also doesn't feel like you're wearing a mask like regular liquid foundation. That stuff always makes me break out,too! I think it looks very natural on my face and that's what I want--NOT a fake, made-up look. I'm too old for that! LOL (By the way,I'm 41) Hope this information helps you!

Old 09-24-2004, 11:11 AM   #4
    robste
    Veteran

robste HB User

I've been using Sheer Cover for about a year, and I absolutely love it! I initially bought it thru one of the television infomercials, so I got the kit that has two shades of the powder foundation & then the Light (white powder) finishing powder. The powder foundation shade that I use is called Bisque. I have fair skintone,and this looks so natural (yet covers flaws) on me. The concealer creme from Sheer Cover is absolutely wonderful....it covers those awful undereye circles better than any other concealer I've ever used, but still looks natural and not cakey looking.

I've never used any other brand of mineral makeup, but I do love the Sheer Cover brand!

Old 11-09-2004, 12:48 AM   #5
    ClearSkin4ever
    Inactive

ClearSkin4ever HB User

I got this stuff. Sadly, I the concealer and foundation picks up on the dry skin which looks bad. The moisturizer doesn't help. I don't think spraying water helped. I am on Retin-A Micro, so I think that could be a problem. I can't stop wearing it.

I am disappointed though, that the club charged me 37 dollars and 97 dollars as separate charges after one month--some crap about installment or whatever. The site clearly states that it'll charge 29.99 a month. It doesn't say anything about those extra charges. I didn't understand it plus you can have them extend your kit to 5 months instead of 3 months, but you have to ask for it--they don't tell you that until you're about to complain or by phone.

If I knew of those extra charges, I wouldn't have bought it because now my balance is 10 dollars until I return this for a refund. I took off my credit number off their computer and told it to postpone to 5 months and bill me instead, but clearly I think I am cancelling it.

I know there are other brands, but I don't think I am motivated for searching out all the brands. It makes me stressed out and crazy.

My mom is so unsupportive of this and gets argumentative about how I spent money on this crap. Geez, I didn't even know of the extra charges. I wouldn't have done it. I bought it because I thought it might help with that heaviness and help my acne, but it doesn't. I am looking into another foundation that I like better anyway. I told my mom that it's different because it's mineral makeup and can help with acne--she didn't even watch the show, so why does she thinks she has an opinion?, and she was joking with my brother like getting stuff from the ground to make mineral makeup. It wasn't even funny. They didn't understand how I felt about my skin and what I am trying to find to better suit my skin. She doesn't understand that what works for her hair, skin is not necessarily going to work for my face or hair either.

Saddly, I won't be a mineral fanatic, but I am going to give Sheer Cover more tries to see if it helps practicing, but I can't do more than once in a day since washing off is drying and the cleanser? Whew! That was irritating to my skin.

Old 11-10-2004, 07:55 AM   #6
    shannamarie36
    Inactive

shannamarie36 HB User

Does Sheer Cover have a shiny finish or is it matte?

Old 05-07-2005, 02:14 PM   #7
    itscindy
    (female)

itscindy HB User

I have dry skin as well.... that sucks that it didn't work for you. Has it been working at all? Like does it give you any kind of coverage? Hey... I really would like to talk to someone that has used this... I just bought it but I haven't received it yet... what's up with the exra fees that charge? Email me at [ please carefully review the posting rules - no emails ]

[ Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board. ]

Last edited by moderator2; 05-07-2005 at 06:32 PM. Reason: The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board.

Old 05-11-2005, 03:18 PM   #8
    BrendaStar
    (female)

BrendaStar HB User

Physcians Formula puts out a mineral make-up - I have used Bare Essentials, Sheer Cover, and Aramoleigh(sp?). I got the Physcians Formula at my local drug store for $12.95, gee whiz got to the counter and it was on sale for $7.95. I like it much better than all the others - for me, it covers better and stays on longer. Much better bargin!!!

Closed Thread