It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• The Wonders of Aloe Vera

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-11-2004, 10:41 PM   #121
    surrealmeal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

surrealmeal HB User
    Re: The Wonders of Aloe Vera

I have some aloe vera gel on my face as we speak. I love to use it as a simple face mask.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2004, 09:52 AM   #122
    asdfgh

asdfgh HB User

#1 That peeling effect you talk about is ridiculous because Aloe Vera has moisutirzing properties, you just have abnormal skin
    #2 This Gel works wonders for my face, within 2 days my acne scars arel ighter, I have a cleare complexion, fairer skin, and the acne on my chin has been reduced down to nothing
    #3 This alone did not work, I just apply it at night and wash it off in the morning with Cetaphil Daily Cleanser, I use Restisol-A 0.25% in a cream + spf15 base in the morning (something like Retin-A in canada)

Great Product I would recoomend it to everyone to apply at night. Never heard of the peeling effect and frankly sounds quit dumb when on the label it says for moisturizing etc etc...

BTW I use Fruit of teh earth 100% aloe vera gel, refridgerated

Old 09-12-2004, 03:30 PM   #123
    ugh

ugh HB User

I still can't find. I've been to a couple of Shoppers and called a bunch but they all didn't have it.. One of the stores said they used to carry it but have stopped carrying it.. Any suggestion on other places that sell it?

Old 09-13-2004, 12:22 AM   #124
    surrealmeal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

surrealmeal HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdfgh
    #1 That peeling effect you talk about is ridiculous because Aloe Vera has moisutirzing properties, you just have abnormal skin

Never heard of the peeling effect and frankly sounds quit dumb when on the label it says for moisturizing etc etc...
    The peeling effect has nothing to do with whether aloe moisturizes or not. The thick layer peeled off is the aloe vera gel, not the actual skin.

Old 09-13-2004, 04:39 AM   #125
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdfgh
    #2 This Gel works wonders for my face, within 2 days my acne scars arel ighter, I have a cleare complexion, fairer skin, and the acne on my chin has been reduced down to nothing
    #3 This alone did not work, I just apply it at night and wash it off in the morning with Cetaphil Daily Cleanser, I use Restisol-A 0.25% in a cream + spf15 base in the morning (something like Retin-A in canada)

Great Product I would recoomend it to everyone to apply at night. Never heard of the peeling effect and frankly sounds quit dumb when on the label it says for moisturizing etc etc...

BTW I use Fruit of teh earth 100% aloe vera gel, refridgerated
    Ya I think you completely misunderstood what the peeling effect is. It's simply the aloe peeling off in the morning. Sometimes your pimples that dry up will peel off with it. That's all I am saying. So instead of washing it off, I peel it off.... You only get a layer thick enough to peel off though if you apply it heavily enough.

Old 09-14-2004, 04:48 PM   #126
    electric warrio

electric warrio HB User

Hey all,
    I've been using aloe on my face for the past three weeks and want to give my 2 cents.
    I've used both Lily of the Desert (LotD) and Fruit of the Earth (FotE). I started with Lily of the Desert and used it for two weeks. The FotD aloe was semi-liquid and became runny when exposed to the heat of my hands or face. I applied it thickly on my entire T-zone and washed it off in the morning. I noticed a immediate decrease in facial redness; however, I noticed no effects on whiteheads.
    Yesterday, I began using FotE. Although I've only had limited experience with it, there a number of noticable differences. The FotE bottles is larger and dispenses the aloe with less mess. The aloe is more cohesive and does not readily react to the heat of my hands or face. Although I've only used the aloe once, I've already experienced the vaunted peeling effect. However, creating it is tricky. Although I tried to peel the aloe by rubbing it, it produced no effect. However, lifeing up one area that was already peeling made the entire process easier. This is all I've right now; I'll check back soon.

Old 09-14-2004, 10:57 PM   #127
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by electric warrio
    Hey all,
    I've been using aloe on my face for the past three weeks and want to give my 2 cents.
    I've used both Lily of the Desert (LotD) and Fruit of the Earth (FotE). I started with Lily of the Desert and used it for two weeks. The FotD aloe was semi-liquid and became runny when exposed to the heat of my hands or face. I applied it thickly on my entire T-zone and washed it off in the morning. I noticed a immediate decrease in facial redness; however, I noticed no effects on whiteheads.
    Yesterday, I began using FotE. Although I've only had limited experience with it, there a number of noticable differences. The FotE bottles is larger and dispenses the aloe with less mess. The aloe is more cohesive and does not readily react to the heat of my hands or face. Although I've only used the aloe once, I've already experienced the vaunted peeling effect. However, creating it is tricky. Although I tried to peel the aloe by rubbing it, it produced no effect. However, lifeing up one area that was already peeling made the entire process easier. This is all I've right now; I'll check back soon.
    No surprise here, another positive experience with aloe. Very good tip on the peeling effect, this is something I certainly forgot to mention. You will notice that it has started to peel in a certain area and as Electric said just start from there and lift up and it'll start to peel.

I miss my FOTE!! I gotta go on a big hunt tomorrow to find some.

Old 09-20-2004, 11:31 PM   #128
    i am a guy
    (male)

i am a guy HB User

so yea im sitting here in my room with globs and globs of aloe vera on my face right now. feels weird, cooling yet kinda itching, but good.

i just picked up some FOTE 100% at wal mart today. i think it was 3.50 for a big bottle. i just wanted to give it a try, my skin is looking a lot better now, but i still ahve like 5 active pimples, one of them being very large. i put some tea tree oil on the big one, and then the aloe vera all over my face. another thing is that i put aloe all over my face when i was sunburned a summer ago, and after a while my skin was completely clear for the first time in 3 years, and hasnt been that clear since. it was probably the sunburn but im hoping this aloe can help me relive that glory....

im always updating my type of journal thread... called 'please help me with my acne solutions' so if u want to track my progress check that out.

good luck everyone, and thanks dude for the tip, if it works!

Old 09-21-2004, 06:01 AM   #129
    branong
    Inactive

branong HB User

I wanna get FoTE too!!!! but i dun live in the US. Can anyone help me get some and send it to me in Singapore? I'll pay for the stuffs. I want it badly. Pls Help!! PM me pls. thanks.

Last edited by branong; 09-21-2004 at 06:02 AM.

Old 09-21-2004, 07:59 AM   #130
    Neca
    Veteran

Neca HB User

Guys I did this peeling thing that a lot of you have talked about on here and I must say I think it did more harm than good to my skin. It's like peeling celloptape off your skin. My skin felt really irritated after I peeled off the Aloe Vera and yes some remains of pimples also came off but only because they were forefully pulled off by the Aloe's cellotape effect. The pimple remain, it was just the scap and top layer of the pimple that came off. I can't see how this can help your skin as you are interrupting in your skin's natural healing process therefore prematurely ending it.

Maybe it works for some of you guys but I would probably advise that it might be better to only do it max once a week and other times just wash the AV off instead. I'm not too sure I'm gonna do it again....ouch!

Old 09-21-2004, 10:44 AM   #131
    i am a guy
    (male)

i am a guy HB User

yea the aloe definitely did not peel when i woke up in the morning. i was up pretty late however and it seemed like after about 2 hours i wouldve gotten the peeling, but then i fell asleep with it on and it just feels like there is a thin film covering my face... i have let to look in a mirror, but i am going to wash it off now and see how it goes. i put sooo much aloe on my facei have no idea how i would get the peeling effect if i didnt get it last night. whatever, i think it feels good and as long as it doenst break me out i will continue to do it at least every once in a while.

Old 09-21-2004, 09:26 PM   #132
    chyna_dawl

chyna_dawl HB User

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to hear how everybody is doing.
    Is the Aloe Vera still working well?
    I'm going to start trying it as of tonight.
    I alternate - Differin one night, and Clindoxyl the next.
    Do you think it's safe to put the aloe vera over top of the meds?
    Will they cause any wierd reaction?
    Just curious as to how everybody is coming along.
    Thanks.

Old 09-22-2004, 01:34 PM   #133
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by branong
    I wanna get FoTE too!!!! but i dun live in the US. Can anyone help me get some and send it to me in Singapore? I'll pay for the stuffs. I want it badly. Pls Help!! PM me pls. thanks.
    You should be able to find it on the internet.

Old 09-22-2004, 01:36 PM   #134
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neca
    Guys I did this peeling thing that a lot of you have talked about on here and I must say I think it did more harm than good to my skin. It's like peeling celloptape off your skin. My skin felt really irritated after I peeled off the Aloe Vera and yes some remains of pimples also came off but only because they were forefully pulled off by the Aloe's cellotape effect. The pimple remain, it was just the scap and top layer of the pimple that came off. I can't see how this can help your skin as you are interrupting in your skin's natural healing process therefore prematurely ending it.

Maybe it works for some of you guys but I would probably advise that it might be better to only do it max once a week and other times just wash the AV off instead. I'm not too sure I'm gonna do it again....ouch!
    Ya I have had that happen before too. I peel around the active pimples sometimes if I know they are going to be forcefully peeled off.

Old 09-22-2004, 01:38 PM   #135
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by i am a guy
    yea the aloe definitely did not peel when i woke up in the morning. i was up pretty late however and it seemed like after about 2 hours i wouldve gotten the peeling, but then i fell asleep with it on and it just feels like there is a thin film covering my face... i have let to look in a mirror, but i am going to wash it off now and see how it goes. i put sooo much aloe on my facei have no idea how i would get the peeling effect if i didnt get it last night. whatever, i think it feels good and as long as it doenst break me out i will continue to do it at least every once in a while.
    You might of rubbed a bunch off while you were asleep, and yes I would recommend doing it as often as possible. The thin film covering your face is what protects you from breaking out during the night, and in addition combats the current pimples.

Closed Thread