It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Milk of Magnesia

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-15-2004, 11:24 PM   #1
    Sara9347

Sara9347 HB User
    Milk of Magnesia

I just wanted to tell everyone about how I've been using Milk of Magnesia and it really helps. Before I had moderate acne all over my face for about 8 years, with oily skin and frequently had large cysts. I wash my face at least 2 times a day with a wash cloth to exfoliate and use Aveeno Cleansing Bar with soy. The Aveeno bar is really good for getting rid of the oilyness, so I just carry it around in my purse in case I ever need it while I'm out. I use the milk of magnesia before I go to sleep. It soaks up all the oil better than any prescription or over the counter stuff I've used. And I've used a lot! Plus, milk of magnesia acts as an antibacterial so It makes the skin heal up faster. The biggest problem I had with products was how dry they made my skin. But this stuff doesn't make your skin dry at all. I only find that after you use it for a while it starts to slough off the dead skin. Sometimes I use it during the day, but since I'ts a really white liquid I just take a small amount in my hands and pat it over my face lightly (like an aftershave). I don't want to walk around looking like a ghost, and I'm already fair skinned as it is. The only thing I have left is a few blackheads around my nose. I'm sure a good facial will solve that problem too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2004, 01:41 PM   #2
    joche

joche HB User
    Re: Milk of Magnesia

Agree with Milk of Magnesia. Another great product for spot treating is the Queen Helene mint julep mask.

Old 09-18-2004, 05:39 AM   #3
    shannamarie36
    Inactive

shannamarie36 HB User
    Re: Milk of Magnesia

What is Milk of Magnesia??? Where do you buy this???

Closed Thread