It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• The Wonders of Aloe Vera

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-22-2004, 01:44 PM   #136
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User
    Re: The Wonders of Aloe Vera

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chyna_dawl
    Hi everybody,

Just wanted to hear how everybody is doing.
    Is the Aloe Vera still working well?
    I'm going to start trying it as of tonight.
    I alternate - Differin one night, and Clindoxyl the next.
    Do you think it's safe to put the aloe vera over top of the meds?
    Will they cause any wierd reaction?
    Just curious as to how everybody is coming along.
    Thanks.
    You should be perfectly fine putting the aloe overtop of your meds. I am putting it overtop of my meds and it's working great.

I still love aloe and picked up a bunch more and use it as often as possible

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2004, 02:01 PM   #137
    chyna_dawl

chyna_dawl HB User

Hi everybody,

Do you think its possible to get good results without peeling off the aloe vera?
    I washed it off in the morning, and my skin seems to be doing okay.
    It's only been one day so far so I guess that isn't any indication.
    I'll keep washing it off, and see if the results are any good.
    I think the aloe vera works so well because it soothes irritated skin.
    My skin felt softer in the morning.
    I hope everybody is doing well!

Old 09-22-2004, 02:05 PM   #138
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chyna_dawl
    Hi everybody,

Do you think its possible to get good results without peeling off the aloe vera?
    I washed it off in the morning, and my skin seems to be doing okay.
    It's only been one day so far so I guess that isn't any indication.
    I'll keep washing it off, and see if the results are any good.
    I think the aloe vera works so well because it soothes irritated skin.
    My skin felt softer in the morning.
    I hope everybody is doing well!
    Of course it's possible! as a matter of fact the peeling effect is highly overrated.

I think that just having it on at night to act as a mask and shield to protect your skin and the spreading of bacteria is the key. Not to mention the soothing healing effect it has.

The peeling effect is just something you can get and really is not necessary at all to have any positive experiences with aloe.

Old 09-22-2004, 07:48 PM   #139
    i am a guy
    (male)

i am a guy HB User

i would like to peel off my nose and really greasy areas of my face that have blackheads every once in a while, i guess i will try after two hours of having it on sometime and see if it pulls anything out.

and yea i think i will start doing this at least every other day, or whenever i can remember...

i still cant really see aloe staying together well enough to peel off anything.

Old 09-22-2004, 08:19 PM   #140
    Falcor
    (female)

Falcor HB User

I agree with AccutaneDude on the whole peeling effect. Really, there's nothing special about it, and no it won't pull out blackheads as it isn't strong enough. Personally, I enjoy peeling things, and so when I wake up in the morning I like to peel some of the Aloe off my face for no other reason but that I enjoy it. So if peeling it off is a problem for you (i.e. irritates your skin, or is just gross to you) then just wash it off. Contrary to popular belief, the peeling effect is not why so many people are into Aloe Vera.

Like AccutaneDude said, it's really all about having the Aloe Vera act as a shield for your face against bacteria at night, and it also helps to reduce the pimples you already have. I looooove Aloe Vera gel. In fact, I just bought me some today. A big 20 oz bottle.

Old 09-23-2004, 12:52 AM   #141
    i am a guy
    (male)

i am a guy HB User

sounds good, i have yet to peel so i am hoping that the next time i do this, which is tonight, i will be able to peel at least some of it off to see what it is like...

i think i would enjoy peeling as well... hehe

Old 09-23-2004, 12:33 PM   #142
    Buck Rogers
    Inactive

Buck Rogers HB User

Dude, don't you think your skin is clear because of the accutane? I wouldn't be attributing much to the aloe vera.

Old 09-25-2004, 08:09 PM   #143
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

lol ya, I love the peeling... at the risk of sounding like a fool.. it's like your peeling off a layer of your skin... but your not! lol I don't know I peel it off in the morning and just think to myself, okay skin you made it through the night, time to take off your security blanket.

Old 09-25-2004, 08:13 PM   #144
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Buck Rogers
    Dude, don't you think your skin is clear because of the accutane? I wouldn't be attributing much to the aloe vera.
    I absolutely do think and know it was the accutane that cleared me. I never once claimed that Aloe Vera cleared me. I just simply stated and still STRONGLY believe that there are nothing but good things that can come from aloe vera.

You do not have to drop anything for it and it's just a wonderful addition to your daily acne fighting routine.

Old 09-27-2004, 09:23 AM   #145
    PBABY
    Veteran
    (female)

PBABY HB User

Has anyone tried this on body acne and seen results? Mainly chest and shoulders areas.

Thanks

Old 09-27-2004, 07:04 PM   #146
    jazmella
    (female)

jazmella HB User

Aloe vera is amazing! I had the day off today (I work in retail, so I don't have "normal" weeks), so I applied some aloe vera gel to a large pimple which popped and was an open wound, basically (it hurt!)...I left it on all day (12 hours-ish), and by the end of the day, after I washed my face/the gel off, I noticed it dried the dead pimple out so much that skin was peeling where it was applied...The dead skin came off, and it looks soo much better than it did when I woke up! I love aloe vera!!

Last edited by jazmella; 09-27-2004 at 07:04 PM.

Old 09-30-2004, 08:25 PM   #147
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PBABY
    Has anyone tried this on body acne and seen results? Mainly chest and shoulders areas.

Thanks
    I don't have body acne myself but I'm sure it would help for sure. Give it a shot it certainly won't hurt you and let us know how it goes.

Old 09-30-2004, 08:28 PM   #148
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jazmella
    Aloe vera is amazing! I had the day off today (I work in retail, so I don't have "normal" weeks), so I applied some aloe vera gel to a large pimple which popped and was an open wound, basically (it hurt!)...I left it on all day (12 hours-ish), and by the end of the day, after I washed my face/the gel off, I noticed it dried the dead pimple out so much that skin was peeling where it was applied...The dead skin came off, and it looks soo much better than it did when I woke up! I love aloe vera!!
    I know it's so great as a spot treatment during the day as well. Congrats on the positive results!

Old 09-30-2004, 08:40 PM   #149
    jazmella
    (female)

jazmella HB User

The only negative side is the dryness...A lot of flaking for a few days (so moisturize + exfoliate, people! haha), but other than that, aloe rocks.

Old 10-01-2004, 08:33 AM   #150
    PBABY
    Veteran
    (female)

PBABY HB User

Well, I tried it on my body acne. It worked well on those red spots-you know, the ones that are pimples but have no head on them. I hate those!!! Anyway, it seemed to reduce the redness on those spots and make them go away quick.

On my face, I think I kinda like it. Kinda flaky, but that's not an issue with me. I was moisturizing my flaky/dry spots anyway before I used this. This gel REALLY reduces redness, whether it's the redness from pimples to just redness of the skin in general. I'm gonna stick with this for a while. It doesn't break me out.

F/Y/I I put my topical medication on first and then pack on the aloe vera gel. The gel does not interfere with the topical. Thanks again for the tip, Accutane Dude!! I'll post about the results later on.

Closed Thread