It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Rhinoplasty-7 days post-op and depressed!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-16-2004, 03:25 PM   #16
    ladivapr
    Inactive

ladivapr HB User
    Re: Rhinoplasty-7 days post-op and depressed!!!

just wait girl! The tip will drop down be sure of that but it takes a couple of months for that to happen. I think its by the third month it does. And it will thin more than what you have it now. I know waiting brings a lot of anxiety but hang it there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2004, 02:15 PM   #17
    elle00110
    (female)

elle00110 HB User
    Smile Re: Rhinoplasty-7 days post-op and depressed!!!

I have to agree - you've got to wait! You don't know what your nose is going to look like! Even if it looks too short and too wide right now, the swelling will probably subside and give you exactly the nose you want. I know it is hard (believe me, I know) but I bet that you look better now than you think. And I feel sure that you will look better every day as the swelling subsides and you see more of what your nose will really look like. Hang in there!

Old 10-21-2004, 08:10 PM   #18
    joli78

joli78 HB User

Anybody heard of a Dr. Evan Michael Sachs? I liked the procedure he has for the twighlight finesse rhinoplasty. He has sent information on the procedure and I do like the work he has done or has displayed on the site. Extremely pricey though. I thought I read something earlier about him and it wasnt good so now I am worried I have never had PS before. I am in the midwest so NYC is far. Anybody know any good PSs in Overland Park KS?

Old 10-24-2004, 06:56 PM   #19
    elle00110
    (female)

elle00110 HB User
    Cool Re: Rhinoplasty-7 days post-op and depressed!!!

Look, I haven't had any personal experience with Michael Sachs but I have read lots of really scary stories on the net about him. I have never seen as many bad experiences with any other doctor! Please check into the lawsuits against him before you pursue any surgery. I did have a revision rhinoplasty with Dean Toriumi (IL) and I am very happy!

Old 10-25-2004, 09:14 AM   #20
    joli78

joli78 HB User

THanks elle, I contacted the NY Bureau for licensing. Yep he has over 32 pending suits against him. SO difficult to find a great doctor. How is Dr. T on primaries? WHats your advice on researching a good doctor?

Old 10-30-2004, 03:02 AM   #21
    Brim

Brim HB User

Hey guys,

Im in the UK and am considering haveing Septo Rhinoplasty done. I have researched the procedures n what nots. BUT after reading all these posts.. im kinda freaking out. i basically am looking for a miracle procedure.. lol! But seriously.. i dont want the bruising or much swelling to be noticeable after 3 weeks of the op.. OR is that a totally unrealistic expectation. Any advice would be helpful, coz i intend to get it done sometime in December.

Thanks

Old 10-30-2004, 10:19 AM   #22
    spinsta
    (male)

spinsta HB User

Here's my two cents: If your nose isnt that bad in the ifrst place dont get it done! I know from experience. If it's your first surgery you should look pretty normal by three weeks though. I just had my second and supposedly I'm still swollen and i'm coming up on 4 weeks, although i didn't bruise very badly at all.

Old 10-30-2004, 12:29 PM   #23
    Brim

Brim HB User

Hmm..

Thanks for the reply Spinsta.. I do intend to have it done tho. Coz my nose IS that bad! hehe.. Ive read SO MANY posts on this board about ppl having revisions and 2nd ops. Is its common to have further ops?

Old 10-30-2004, 05:10 PM   #24
    spinsta
    (male)

spinsta HB User

You know what, people make the mistake of going to the wrong doctor in the first place and then end up needing revisions. They say that rhinoplasty is the hardest kind of cosmetic surgery to do well- I mean, the difference between an attractive nose and an ugly one is millimeters. I didnt do much research when I first did it- in fact, I did absolutely no research. I was just so desperate to get it done. In the end, it didnt turn out how I wanted. It wasnt bad, but it wasnt good. And now, 5 years later, I researched and researched and researched to find a good doc for my 2nd time around hoping that it would be the last and it led me to a very very famous doc. BUT even with his reputation and blah blah blah it sucks worse now than it did before. SO basically its like potluck. I guess if you find yourself a good doctor its like buying more lotto tickets- the more tickets you have the greater chance that you're going to win, but buying tickets doesnt gurantee you a win... you know what I'm saying? I wish to God that I could go back in time and just leave my nose after my first rhinoplasty alone!

Old 10-30-2004, 05:17 PM   #25
    Brim

Brim HB User

OK ...

But where do i start with my research?? I mean in the UK its like Cosmetic Surgery Companies that ive looked into... for example.. Harley Medical .. Transform. What exactly is it that i need to be focusing on? [Other than the costs]

Old 10-31-2004, 01:26 PM   #26
    spinsta
    (male)

spinsta HB User

WHat you are doing right now is crucial- just basically getting whatever info you can on which surgeons are good and which ones to look out for. Ask around, look on discussion boards, check out the doctor's websites and before and afters, and know exactly what you want to address with your nose. Doctors get an idea in their head of what they think is right for you and their vision might not be what you have for yourself- so you have to assert yourself (that was my mistake). I also have to warn you to be weary of the fact that certain surgeons have very good pr machines but not that much skill themselves as a surgeon. Ultimately you cant ever be 100% sure on the doctor you choose, hence the enormous risk you take with this kind of surgery. Make sure when you choose a doctor you feel comfortable with him/her and that they take a lot of time with you and really address your concerns.

Old 11-04-2004, 08:17 PM   #27
    elle00110
    (female)

elle00110 HB User
    Smile Re: Rhinoplasty-7 days post-op and depressed!!!

I agree! Very good advice! Do lots of research - look on the web - its a great source of information and schedule several appointments with doctors who get good reviews and don't have lots of lawsuits. Then choose the doctor who you feel most comfortable with - listen to your gut. And don't be afraid to be really assertive about what you want. When I had my second (and last) revision, I told the doctor that it was really important to me that my nose not end up bigger than before. I fully expressed my concerns - made sure sure that he knew. Then, if you've done all that, you just have to be brave (you'll still be scared) and hope for the best. Chances are really really good that everything will be fine!

Old 11-05-2004, 10:31 AM   #28
    o_sharlett

o_sharlett HB User

spinsta,
    has your nose healed yet? I just had rhinoplasty on th 25th of Oct and my nose looks exactly the same only bumpier and I have a piece of skin by my nostril that looks out of place. The doctor said it would round itself out (the nostril side that is) within a month or two or he'd fix it. I'm a little concerned also that my nose doesn't look any different and when I feel an area of my nose it feels bumpy like there's cartilage missing in the wrong place. Can you tell me what happened with maybe your 1st rhinoplasty or if your current one has healed? I'm wondering if it really is all that swollen or if the doctor just didnt do anything.

Old 11-05-2004, 11:33 AM   #29
    spinsta
    (male)

spinsta HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by o_sharlett
    spinsta,
    has your nose healed yet? I just had rhinoplasty on th 25th of Oct and my nose looks exactly the same only bumpier and I have a piece of skin by my nostril that looks out of place. The doctor said it would round itself out (the nostril side that is) within a month or two or he'd fix it. I'm a little concerned also that my nose doesn't look any different and when I feel an area of my nose it feels bumpy like there's cartilage missing in the wrong place. Can you tell me what happened with maybe your 1st rhinoplasty or if your current one has healed? I'm wondering if it really is all that swollen or if the doctor just didnt do anything.
    Gosh I feel for you bc I'm still going throught exactly the same thing, and I had my surgery on the 4th of October. What I didnt like about my previous nose was that it was a little too thick at the bottom- I wanted it thinner. I told the doctor that and now its even bigger and thicker than before. The people at Dr. Gunter's office can only say "wait 4 months" blah blah blah... but I have a huge hump at the bridge! I don't even see how that could go down considering the size of it. I'm sooooo upset and ****** off. He did a major overhaul on my nose that my nose didnt need- it wasnt an ugly nose it just needed some fine-tuning, and me being the gullible idiot I am thought I'd be safe in his hands just bc everyone here sings his praises and all that... but he sucks. He took a pretty 22 year old girl and made me weird looking. Not one person has had anything good to say about my nose- my mom started crying when she saw me. My nose looks like one of those slides at a pool. And it also pisses me off that the office has been so ******. I've only spoken to the doctor once since my surgery on the phone for 5 minutes... you'd think for $16,000 he would have taken more time with me, especially considering that they left a pin in the bridge that I had to go see a plastic surgeon in my hometown to take it out. On the bridge of my nose there's also a little hole like what you describe where it feels like cartilage is missing or it may have slid out of place. I don't even know what recourse I have at this point.

Old 11-06-2004, 12:41 AM   #30
    o_sharlett

o_sharlett HB User

So did you say your surgeon was outta town? Has any of the swelling gone down? You know if your nose looks bigger than before I am sure it's just swollen. My doctor is kinda snobby, but he has answered all my questions. I'm just kinda skeptical that my nose will reshape itself as he says. Why did you have to pay $16,000? That is an awful lot for a nose job. But anyways my nose was kinda wide at the bottom and silly me also thought I'd be in good hands. I didnt do as much research as I probably should have. Who knows though, maybe it will shrink, I hope! Also, something you can check, if your nose is still sore, it's still swollen. My doctor told me anywhere there's soreness indicates swelling. Hopefully that helps!!!!!

Closed Thread