It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board

• how can I stop feeling so angry?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-02-2004, 12:50 PM   #61
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User
    Re: how can I stop feeling so angry?

Kbell, How have things been the last few days?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2004, 12:53 PM   #62
    kbell

kbell HB User

I'm hanging in there. Working out regularly and meeting a really great guy definitely have helped the situation. I'm still angry over how the ex treated me but with time that will pass.

Old 11-03-2004, 12:58 PM   #63
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kbell
    I'm still angry over how the ex treated me but with time that will pass.

It will pass and just enjotyyour time with the new guy and keep us posted.

Old 11-03-2004, 01:04 PM   #64
    kbell

kbell HB User

well this is lame but I got him to openly admit that he hurt me on purpose but I am still angry over it and wonder why someone who tell someone they love them and then pull some stuff like that. Its very high school. All the more reason for me to feel that my life is infinitely better without him in it. This new guy is his complete opposite: open, honest, able to say what he feels and how he thinks, not a game player at all. It's kind of amazing that I found him in the midst of all the crap I was going through with the ex.

Old 11-03-2004, 01:07 PM   #65
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

If you are trying to get over him then why are you talking to him?

Old 11-03-2004, 02:04 PM   #66
    kbell

kbell HB User

I'm not really talking to him now I was a few days ago. I'm trying to understand how someone can be so screwy to someone else because it doesn't make sense. I'm trying to let go of it and some days are better than others on that front.

Old 11-03-2004, 02:09 PM   #67
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

You say though that you are not really talking to him. You just need to stop all together. If you want to move on and proceed more with this other dude then you need to drop all line with you ex. There is no reason to still talk to him. I can see if you both continues a friendship but that right now is far from ever happening.

Last edited by eightball61; 11-03-2004 at 02:10 PM.

Old 11-03-2004, 02:50 PM   #68
    kbell

kbell HB User

I know, I know. It's that whole hell hath no fury like a woman scorned bit. I am still angry about it, I know I have to let go of that but that is easier said than done.

Old 11-03-2004, 02:58 PM   #69
    Ninispjc
    Inactive

Ninispjc HB User

Quote:
    I know, I know. It's that whole hell hath no fury like a woman scorned bit. I am still angry about it, I know I have to let go of that but that is easier said than done.
    I think it will just take some time, kbell. I think it's natural to be hurt and angry when someone mistreats you, especially someone who you thought you could trust. Not only are you hurt, but betrayed as well. But in order to get rid of it, you do have to be somewhat proactive. Have you given any thought to my suggestion of a self-defense course? That really helped me when my ex jerk jerked me around. I can't even call him and ex boyfriend, he wasn't a boyfriend at all. He was just a 2-year long one night stand and I was too stupid to see it. But taking steps to dissapate the anger will help to move past it, I think, especially if you've got a great new guy that you want to free up your emotional energy for. Hang in there.

Old 11-03-2004, 03:01 PM   #70
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:

IT is but what makes you want to talk to hip after all the bull crap he put you through.

Old 11-03-2004, 03:06 PM   #71
    kbell

kbell HB User

I'm a glutton for punishment that and I want to hear the truth from him. I think I'm kidding myself on that one though.

Old 11-03-2004, 05:10 PM   #72
    Ninispjc
    Inactive

Ninispjc HB User

Quote:
    I'm a glutton for punishment that and I want to hear the truth from him. I think I'm kidding myself on that one though.
    But what would the truth really do for you? "d'uh, well, I guess I just really wasn't that into it" "uuhhhh, well, *cough* I don't know, it just wasn't working...d'uh". Sometimes I tell myself I want to look my "ex" in the eye and tell him how I feel and want him to explain to me just exactly how he could have done what he did to me. But deep down, my fantasy is he'll see how hurt I am over it, the fog will lift from his little pea brain and he'll beg my forgiveness, kick her to the curb and become the man I always wanted him to be and love me forever. But that's not going to happen. And because I know it's not going to happen, I know there's nothing he could possibly say that will make me feel any better about it all. Really, what could he say to you that would make you feel any better at this point?

Old 11-04-2004, 06:03 AM   #73
    kbell

kbell HB User

nothing, I guess. I know I need to let the whole thing go and I'm going to start being a little more self-discplined about that today. I met someone really cool and I don't want to blow it over some jackass who openly admitted hurting me intentionally and on purpose. The guy I met deserves that fair shot at the very least.

Old 11-04-2004, 06:24 AM   #74
    eightball61
    Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
    I met someone really cool and I don't want to blow it over some jackass who openly admitted hurting me intentionally and on purpose.

What you need to do is print this qoute by you out and paste it on your phone when you do attempt to call your ex.

Old 11-04-2004, 06:25 AM   #75
    kbell

kbell HB User

I don't usually call him, I instant message him. I shouldn't have any contact with him at all.

Closed Thread