It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Slight headache, numbness (pins & needles)....please help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-04-2004, 02:03 PM   #1
    gabe107
    (male)

gabe107 HB User
    Slight headache, numbness (pins & needles)....please help

I am a 27 year old male who had suffered from migraine headaches for most of my childhood, but they completely stopped at around age 17. I have been having symptoms that could be perceived as migranes but they are completely different from what I experienced when I was younger.

It all started early this year when I was running on a treadmill and started to get numbness and tingling in the left side of my body, numbness in my leg, arm, face and tongue. Very concerned I stopped exercising because these sensations would come back. I was checked out by my doctor and they ruled out any heart problems. Usually accompanying these sensations is a low grade headache that is not necessary confined to one part of my head. After a while most of the numbness went away except for a slight sensation that lingered in my thumb.

A couple of days ago I started to experience some of these symptoms again, although I was just sitting at my computer. Numbness in my tongue left hand and face with a slight headache started again. In my childhood migraines the numbness had always been accompanied by an aura or blurry vision, but it is not the case this time around. Also, the numbness would subside when the headache started.

My current headache is lasting about 2 days and the numbness in different parts of my body comes and goes. I am very concerned that this might be some sort of a neurological condition. Other symptoms I have experienced in the past are muscle spasms and blepherospams, but I am currently not experiencing any of these symptoms.

Have you heard about any conditions that exhibit these symptoms. Last time I went to the doctor he dismissed these symptoms as not being that serious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread