It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Best cleanser or topical while on accutane?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-09-2004, 07:51 PM   #1
    saintballa5
    (male)

saintballa5 HB User
    Best cleanser or topical while on accutane?

hello, well before i went on accutane i was using a 3 step program similar to prooactiv. After the appt he just gave me alot of basic cleansers and non conodemic stuff,that has nothing special in it or w/e. I was jw what is the best cleanser or anything to apply while on accutane. thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2004, 01:44 AM   #2
    turbonamja
    Veteran

turbonamja HB User
    Re: Best cleanser or topical while on accutane?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by saintballa5
    hello, well before i went on accutane i was using a 3 step program similar to prooactiv. After the appt he just gave me alot of basic cleansers and non conodemic stuff,that has nothing special in it or w/e. I was jw what is the best cleanser or anything to apply while on accutane. thanks
    People while on accutane usually use cetaphil wash with moisturizer. I found that cetaphil was causing blackheads for myself so I just started using dove soap. For the moisturizer, I use Oil of Olay Total Effects (Fragrance free). It has been working nicely. I am on month 3 (just started) and all my cystic acne are gone. I am working on the smaller ones now ... in due time they will all be gone!

Old 12-10-2004, 05:29 AM   #3
    saintballa5
    (male)

saintballa5 HB User

congratulations. when did u start to see results? So i suppose any gentle cleanser would work, I think ill just use neutrogena oil free cream cleanser. thanks ,any more input anyone?

Old 12-10-2004, 12:14 PM   #4
    turbonamja
    Veteran

turbonamja HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by saintballa5
    congratulations. when did u start to see results? So i suppose any gentle cleanser would work, I think ill just use neutrogena oil free cream cleanser. thanks ,any more input anyone?
    I would say a week into my 2nd month, I started to watch all of my cystic acne on my forehead just disappear. Even right now the scars are almost non-apparent. Just make sure you don't use anything that is for "acne". Typically from my experience, it just made me worse. So if that oil free cream cleanser works, use it. Just make sure you moisturize because that will help with the scars and redness in my opinion, thru my results. Good luck, I am sure it will help.

Closed Thread