It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Help with cysts????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-20-2004, 06:47 PM   #1
    DoxyDummy

DoxyDummy HB User
    Exclamation Help with cysts????

Can anyone give me some good tips or remedies on healing some cysts I currently have on my forehead?
    MY forehead has absoulutly gone crazy. (It's been 4 months since I have been off antibiotics/ currently on them now for 1 week because of wisdom teeth removal, so there goes my build up of Acidophilous). I have been getting two to three per week.
    Right now I have three that, when swollen have almost the surface area of a dime. They are mostly swollen when I get out of the shower or when I wash my face. I have been trying what I thought were my best remedies but they just won't compete with a cyst!!!!
    Anyway, enough babbling, someone please give me some help! Ecspecially since Christmas is coming up and I want my forehead clear!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2004, 07:23 PM   #2
    Crapple67
    Inactive

Crapple67 HB User
    Re: Help with cysts????

The only two remedies for cysts are cortisone injections and time. No topical antibiotics are going to help cysts that are already formed. You can try ice but I doubt it will have much affect.

Old 12-20-2004, 09:22 PM   #3
    BJM04
    Veteran
    (female)

BJM04 HB User

Dont try and squeeze them trust me i did that and mine got much larger...took longer to heal too..leave them alone...try to apply a benzoyol peroxide topical medicine...if they persit go see a dermo..

Old 12-21-2004, 02:59 AM   #4
    scouselad1974
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

scouselad1974 HB User

If you can't get to see a dermatoligist try rubbing some Hydrocortisone 1% cream into the centre of the cyst, then apply some Benzoyl peroxide and pop 2 high strength Ibuprofen, keep taking the Ibuprofen until the swelling subsides. GoodLuck

Old 12-21-2004, 10:14 AM   #5
    DoxyDummy

DoxyDummy HB User

Thanks everyone for your replies. I think I may try the hyrdocortisone cream and ice or something. I have been trying BP 10% but it is not even phasing them, only making my face dry and stiff.
    Thanks again!

Last edited by DoxyDummy; 12-21-2004 at 10:15 AM.

Old 12-21-2004, 11:09 AM   #6
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

I used to go to the derm to get cortisone injections. Sometimes I'd put the hydrocortisone cream on them and take ibuprofen (like scouselad suggested). That works pretty good too.

Old 12-21-2004, 01:00 PM   #7
    INHALE
    (male)

INHALE HB User

i love cortisone injections but alot of the time that exact same cyst comes back up

so time + several injections

Old 12-21-2004, 01:09 PM   #8
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by INHALE
    i love cortisone injections but alot of the time that exact same cyst comes back up

so time + several injections
    I've had injections probably 15-20 times (always once and the cyst goes away). Except for one spot. I've had it injected 6 times to no avail. I went to a plastic surgeon who said there's not enough there to warrant removing it. I could've cried. As a matter of fact, I almost did! But now it's slowly going away on its own and is barely noticable.

Old 12-21-2004, 02:15 PM   #9
    INHALE
    (male)

INHALE HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BostonGirl44
    I've had injections probably 15-20 times (always once and the cyst goes away). Except for one spot. I've had it injected 6 times to no avail. I went to a plastic surgeon who said there's not enough there to warrant removing it. I could've cried. As a matter of fact, I almost did! But now it's slowly going away on its own and is barely noticable.

I FEEL your pain. had a cyst like taht on my jawline after about a year it went away

some of u tell your doctor u need injections or did u ask for them? every dermotlgist i have been to. (4 different ones) i had to ask them for the injections and some derms dont like to do them

Old 12-21-2004, 03:07 PM   #10
    DoxyDummy

DoxyDummy HB User

About how much do the injections cost?

Old 12-21-2004, 07:00 PM   #11
    INHALE
    (male)

INHALE HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DoxyDummy
    About how much do the injections cost?

nothing like botox

just see your dermotligoist and tell him u would like to see if the cysts u have can be injected with a cortisone steroid (kenalog)

they feel like a small ***** but nothing bad. the minor pain is well worth it

Old 12-22-2004, 06:08 AM   #12
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Inhale,

I know what that's like, the one on my cheek finally started going away after 10 months. I've had them for 3-4 months before but I didn't expect one to make a home on my face for 10. Accutane has prevented more from coming up so it's been a lifesaver for me. Knock on wood.

Doxy Dummy,

I tell my derm that I want an injection. The first time, he suggested it, and after that, I'd just call and tell them I needed to come in for one. I got my appointments so fast because I was a good loyal customer lol. My insurance covered my injections so I'd pay a $5 copay. I saw a bill for it once and without insurance it would've cost me $75.00.

Old 12-22-2004, 10:14 AM   #13
    INHALE
    (male)

INHALE HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BostonGirl44
    My insurance covered my injections so I'd pay a $5 copay. I saw a bill for it once and without insurance it would've cost me $75.00.

YA Mine is 70 bux...way my insurance is that i have to pay for them then i send away the bill to insuracne company.,... but id pay 70 out of own pocket for cortisone injections

Closed Thread