It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Masturbation

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-24-2004, 06:02 PM   #1
    Neep Meep
    (male)

Neep Meep HB User
    Masturbation

I know there are many of you that believe Masturbation has no effect on acne. but I'm very sure it has an effect on me. it just may on you. (whether you want it to or not or belive it will or not) I'm a guy and I have whacked off a lot, and Iím sure most other guys do the same regularly. anyways, I fell into a deep depression a few months ago and I stopped masturbating, for like 2 months, I just didn't feel like it. I noticed I had very few breakouts during this time. when I finally decided to jerk off again, (and a lot too!) my face broke out bad. I decided to stop masturbating again and havenít for over a month. I havenít had any bad breakouts since.

I suggest that any other guy just give it a month without ejaculating. just one month to see if it has any effect on your body.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2004, 07:06 PM   #2
    INVU4URAQT

INVU4URAQT HB User
    Re: Masturbation

Funny, b/c when I didn't "service myself" for a few months my face was was worse. Maybe it is good to release those fluids on a continuous basis?

Old 12-24-2004, 08:11 PM   #3
    bugmaster

bugmaster HB User

Thats some control!

Old 12-24-2004, 09:08 PM   #4
    Mecpcpj
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mecpcpj HB User

With a connection like that aren't you saying that sex would also cause acne? I just don't think there's any correlation between masturbating and acne... it may just be coincidence.

Old 12-24-2004, 09:15 PM   #5
    DrFunk

DrFunk HB User

yea sometimes i think it does, than other days I dont think it does......cause you can say that not masterbating causes stress, well relieve that stress and you breakout....increase stress and you breakout, i figure its a lose-lose situation just like everything seems to be when you have a bad breakout.....

Old 12-24-2004, 09:40 PM   #6
    CollegeBoy21

CollegeBoy21 HB User

Whacking off less might keep hormone levels down. Anybody care to research this? I really don't think it matters because your horomones will be kicking whether you are doing 'something' about it or not... I think trapped oil, bacteria, and dead skin cells contribute more to acne than masterbation. Besides that I don't have enough self control to stop for a month... that's just insanity. Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2004, 03:30 PM   #7
    avron
    (male)

avron HB User

Hey bud,

I had the same problem, and had even discussed it here, a lot of people will just make fun of you, either because they are not affected by it or just can't help not playing with themselves.

Anyhow when I was 16-18 my acne went nuts after ejaculating, my skin looked discolored, had a burning sensation and acne flare ups.

after 18, I became less sexually active and well it worked for a while, I became almost completely clear, now I still breakout even when I don't masturbate. it's justnot as bad as it used to be. and masturbation still causes that weird sensation in my skin

Old 12-25-2004, 06:51 PM   #8
    Narko

Narko HB User

yes... effect on me... i try to do it less.. 2 weeks or 3weeks one time if not ill have wet dreamsssssssssssssssss

Old 12-25-2004, 09:55 PM   #9
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Quote:
    ACNE IS NOT CAUSED BY DIRT.

DIET PLAYS NO ROLE IN ACNE.

THERE IS NO ROLE BETWEEN ACNE AND SEX

ooh now i believe that because someone says so. I guarantee for me food had an effect on my acne. Melted cheese being main culprit, also high greasy foods. Dirt not causing acne? Hmm..so dirt isn't clogging my pores? odd. As for sex/masterbation there can be a correlation between them and acne. Due to sensitive hormones, or a zinc deficientcy. Start taking 50mg zinc a day, along with you normal "habits" and you might see an improvement. You release a lot of zinc in every ejaculation.

Don't believe everything you hear and read. Even from derms.

Best thing you can do, is eat healthy, stop touching your face so much, stop washing it so much and don't pick or squeeze. In about 2 months your face will be pretty tight.

The more you jack with your face the more irritated it gets, stop touching it so much, and wash twice a day. (once if you feel your face didn't get that dirty...less is more)

GL

Old 12-25-2004, 10:22 PM   #10
    moldypotato
    (male)

moldypotato HB User

... I used to do it as an every day thing back in my early teens... Acne popped up and down. I don't believe it was because of masterbation. There are factors you have to look in to if you really think masterbation is a problem... For example, what do you use for masterbating?- certain lubes have acne causing oil or other ingrediants. Which brings me to another view- do you wash your hands, private parts, and not touch anything like your pillow or something that could hold all of the bacteria? This may be a problem...

Some people also sweat alot during masterbation, so that may be another cause.

Anyways, I have reguler sex yet I don't have much acne anymore. That answers another question.

Old 12-26-2004, 12:37 AM   #11
    Incubus_Cali
    Inactive
    (male)

Incubus_Cali HB User

i think if u touch ur face with ur fingers u will get acne, washing ur face everyday doesnt do much except dry ur face out, u shouldnt touch ur pimples and when u feel a pimple coming out apply medication cuz the sooner it is treated the easier it is to get rid of it. And finally i think the different areas u live in play a big role in acne, ive been to different areas where my skin breaks out alot and then i go to a different state and my face is completely clear

Old 12-26-2004, 01:35 AM   #12
    Narko

Narko HB User

i always use my fingers to touch my gf's face. why dont she get acne? crap.. i do believe about different areas..

Old 12-26-2004, 02:26 PM   #13
    dfwgoodguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Narko
    i always use my fingers to touch my gf's face. why dont she get acne? crap.. i do believe about different areas..

She doesn't have acne prone skin. Everyone is different, you most likely have acne do to hormones. So even a clean face isn't going to stop your acne. That is the misconception about acne, that it means your dirty. Yes dirt can be the cause for some peoples acne alone, but most its hormones. Just don't worry about your face so much and stop touching it. It will improve i promise. And when your hormones settle down, everything will fall into place.

Old 12-26-2004, 03:15 PM   #14
    mman

mman HB User

I recently went on an antidepressant and it has almost completely killed my sex drive. Along with this I have noticed that I have not been breaking out at all, but if my sex drive doesn't come back I am going to have to get off the meds.

Old 12-26-2004, 03:48 PM   #15
    JuiciCouture
    (female)

JuiciCouture HB User

Theres not really any correlation between acne and sex/masturbation. It really is, from a medical standpoint, a condition of the skin. It is then affected by incoming influences. In other words, some people have acne-prone skin with weak follicle walls and overenthusiastic sebaceous glands. Incoming influences that triggers this type of skin would include hormones, cosmetics, thyroid disorders, and things of that nature. Not because you havent ejaculated in a week or month. Thats probably a big case of coincidence. And Even though you might be acne prone, there are ways to stop the breakouts from happening by learning what your triggers are. If you havent been sleeping and are stressed out, hormones are released ( I believe cortisol?) and therefore, you break out. If you wear oily, heavy foundations..your pores cant breathe, get clogged and zits form. Sex/Masturbation deals with hormones but moreso of how productive your sex drive is, rather than how your skin reacts to your sex drive...Although in some people, they might just have too much testosterone.. Who knows?!

Closed Thread