It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain & Nervous System Disorders Message Board

• Arachnoid Cyst

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-10-2003, 08:30 PM   #1
    Madden614

Madden614 HB User
    Question Arachnoid Cyst

I am a 36 year old female, 5 weeks ago I had an MRI revealing a space occupying lesion typical of an Arachnoid Cyst located in the left side Posterior Fossa. This lesion has been measured as being 3.5 x 2.8 x 3.75 I am currently still experiencing severe headaches in which it is a sharp difinitive pain radiating from the occipital region to the vertex, I feel increased pressure. I am also experincing numbness and tingling of my face including my lips and parts of my tongue, numbness in my hands and lower extremities, on really intense days I have an increased problem with gait resulting in falling without cause. I saw a neurologist today, in which I had asked for information in reference to the Arachnoid Cyst, he stated that it was incidental and there was no need to look at the MRI films which I had brought with me. His answer was I am experincing is a analgesic rebound headache, when questioning and trying to get an answer to this lesion, he asked me to leave his office stating that the research I have done has made me an expert. Can these symptoms be a result of the cyst in this area. Any feedback that I can recieve would be of a great relief.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2003, 05:46 PM   #2
    cmomson

cmomson HB User
    i too was told on this date that i have an arachnoid cyst (large) somewhere near my left eye? and that it is an incidential finding just like the 3mm non functioning tumor on my pituitary gland and that neither abnormalty will be removed or fixed because they are not the cause of my severe headaches and pose no threat of harm to me now and maybe never. dr stated that mri reveals that aside from these two things, im fine and can go back to work. he also said that he does not believe in medicine and that headaches are caused by nicotine withdrawal (quit a month ago). he made it sound like i should not have quit! i am going to take my mris to neurologist (he did an eeg and i never got the results) in the hopes that he will SEE the tumor and cyst and advise. will let you know what happens. i would rather not go through life thinking that the cyst could burst ot tumor could bleed (both requiring some quick medical care). cmomson

Old 09-23-2003, 06:34 PM   #3
    Dodger8

Dodger8 HB User
    Hello,
    I just wanted to tell you not to give up. Doctors are doing this to many people. They know these lesions cause symptoms yet, they deny people help.
    Please go to PubMed and do a search in the medical journal articles for articles on the cysts in question.
    If you find an abtract that you may want to purchase the article - print out the abstract. Make two copies, one for you and one to take to your local library and ask them to try to order the article for you. I purchased many medical journal articles like this. The library will order them from medical libraries. I had to pay $11 per article. Maybe if you get a few article an attorney could help you to get the care you need and deserve.
    Doctors are not helping many people suffering with brain cysts. Please keep searching for help, pray, trust God, and don't give up!
    Love and prayers,
    Cheryl

Old 09-25-2003, 02:16 AM   #4
    kristix

kristix HB User
    Unhappy

Hi Well here is my story... I went into the er for having a black out more or less, informed the doc that i have been having constant head aches for years. we did lots of test ... mostly on my heart, then finially did a ct where we found my arachnoid cyst located on the left side of my brain...of course i was informed at the time that this cyst was NOTHING to be concerned about but common sense made me want to look into it. i was not told how large or how small mine was and basically it was ignored by the dr all together. it amazes me with all the stories i read in the internet just today that so many dr's are ignoring that cysts on the brain as a problem. in my mind anything growing on my brain is a problem in itself. none the less, i will be following up on mine and i am looking for others who have this to talk to about it. share symptoms if you have any and any info we could share with each other. i am 25 years old. a female and alittle nervous about this.

Closed Thread