It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• TICKER< I HAVE MY WESTERN BLOT CAN YOU HELP ME ???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-22-2005, 04:49 PM   #1
    brennd8
    Inactive
    (female)

brennd8 HB User
    Smile TICKER< I HAVE MY WESTERN BLOT CAN YOU HELP ME ???

[COLOR=Magenta]Hi, Ticker,
    I finally have my Western Blot back and wondering if you remember me and if you will help me figure it out?
    I have felt terrible the last 2 months and haven't written anything, but I read what you all write when I can get onto the internet.
    IgG from Igenex IgM
    18kDa - 18kDa -
    22kDa - 22kDa -
    **23-25kDa +/- **23-25kDa +/-
    28kDa - 28kDa -
    30kDa +/- 30kDa +
    ** 31kDa +/- **31kDa -
    **34kDa +/- **34kDa -
    37kDa - 37kDa -
    **39kDa +/- **39kDa +/-
    **41kDa ++ **41kDa ++
    45kDa + 45kDa +/-
    58kDa +/- 58kDa -
    66kDa +/- 66kDa ++
    73kDa - 73kDa -
    83kDa - 83kDa -
    **93kDa - 93kDa +/-
    Any help that you could giveto me, I would appreciate greatly.
    Thank you,
    Heather
    By the way,
    for the other post about who we are.. I'm from St. Clair, Michigan and I'm a 29 yr. old wife and mother of a 5yr old son and a 4yr old daughter, and I have been sick for 2 years.
    Heather

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2005, 05:38 PM   #2
    ticker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
    Re: TICKER< I HAVE MY WESTERN BLOT CAN YOU HELP ME ???

Hi brennd8. I am sorry you have been feeling crummy.

I am glad your Western Blot was done at IgeneX. The IgM tests for a more recent infection and the IgG a longer-standing infection. It looks to me that many, if not most, of the Lyme specific bands on your results are either positive or equivocal. Very significant (in my non-medical opinion). For a complete breakdown of the bands, see the "Western Blot Band Description" post at the top of the Lyme site.

Were you tested for the co-infections also? This is crucial. Sometimes, people who have band 45 positive are also positive for Ehrlichiosis. Are you seeing a Lyme knowledgeable doctor?

Old 01-25-2005, 07:39 AM   #3
    brennd8
    Inactive
    (female)

brennd8 HB User

Sorry it takes me so long to answer back sometimes. My son has tonsillitis and I had another Herx.
    I have been seeing my Lymes doc since Nov 2004. His name is Dr Manfred Schwarz in Saginaw, Mich. He just tested me for co-infections the week after Christmas. and when I saw him again on January 19, he said I didn't have any, but I don't know how he tested for the co-infections. He didn't do that thru Igenex. he did it thru Quest labs.
    Another thing you might or moght not find interesting is, i have been detoxing and doing natural things for a year before I found a Lyme dr to actually diaganose me with Lymes. I take the herb called Samento or Cats Claw, but i could only take 1 drop in 8 oz of water or else in would send me into the worse seizures I have had until I found my Lymes doctor and he put me antibiotic then I could start tolerating the Samento, and I am now up to 6 drops a day. I dont know if you have done any research on this subject but I have and they say that the Samento is the Key factor in killing the lymes bacteria in our bodies. I feel that along with the antibiotics it is doing the trick for me and maybe that is why no co-infections might have shown up.
    Or maybe I'm just doing alot of wishful thinking, I don't know. Anyway if you want to know any info off of the Quest paperwork for the co-infections let me know. I'm still not 100% convinced that my Lymes doc is as good as some of the ones that you have recommended to others.
    Thanks for your help,
    Heather

Old 01-25-2005, 07:47 AM   #4
    laurie864bla
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

laurie864bla HB User

Sorry, but quest turns up negative for everything! I would NEVER trust them to do coinfection testing. many, many tests were negative for my son thru quest and it delayed treatment for him. He will probably never be the same again thanks to crappy places like quest that call themselves labs. Sorry, do I sound a little bitter?? Good luck.

Old 01-25-2005, 07:53 AM   #5
    brennd8
    Inactive
    (female)

brennd8 HB User

That is quite all right to sound a little bitter Laurie. You have been thru so much with Mark. My son, Chad, has Tonsillitis right now and to even think of him going thru more pain like Lymes, I just could now handle it. You are a great mom to fight for Mark like you have and like you do. I pray for you and and everyone on this site. To me you all have become part of my family, even though I don't write much, I do read what you all write and you get me thru many hard and miserable and suicidal days.
    Thank you and try to have a good day
    Heather

Old 01-25-2005, 10:07 AM   #6
    laurie864bla
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

laurie864bla HB User

Heather,

thanks for what you said. I hope things will get better for you soon. Your tests are more positive than Marks! I hope Chad feels better soon. Essential oil of oregano, about four or five drops in warm water and then gargle several times a day gets rid of that. Great stuff. I think of the people on this site as my family members and pray for them. They have gotten me thru some very rough times as well. Hang in there, I am glad to hear about the samento. I have not tried that as Mark is so little I do not want to experiment on him, ya know? If it were me I would try it. Try to write more often--we miss you! --L

Closed Thread