It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Tri Sprintec Birth Control?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-23-2005, 05:46 PM   #16
    jennazz02
    (female)

jennazz02 HB User
    Re: Tri Sprintec Birth Control?

to jc1234 i noticed the same reaction you got from ortho tri cyclen. i was moody and cried a lot. i just switched to tri sprintec because of insurance as well, i loved ortho cause it cleared up my skin. hopefully tri sprintec will at least help with that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2005, 07:39 PM   #17
    LauraOSU05
    (female)

LauraOSU05 HB User

MandersBC and Audibrook -

Hi! I, also, was switched from Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo to a generic form of regular Ortho Tri-Cyclen called TriNessa 28 (because of insurance changes of course....such a pain)!

Anyways, I am almost through my 1st pack and have been doing fine. My skin was HORRIBLE on OTC Lo, but hasn't been as bad lately. Only a couple more whiteheads in the crease of my chin and on my forehead. Personally, I think that since the Lo version has totally different amounts of hormones, our switch should be a little bit better than those that switch from brand name OTC to generic. I'm going to wait 3 months and see how TriNessa works for me...it would definately be worth it to save the extra money!

Good luck to you both! <<fingers crossed>>

Old 03-18-2005, 05:10 AM   #18
    shan829
    (female)

shan829 HB User

hi,
    i just started taking tri-sprintec a week ago for my acne, and it seems to have made it a LOT worse. i was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to clear up the skin?? or if you have taken ortho tricyclin, how long does that take to clear up the skin? i was reading the disclaimer thing and it said that it may take a few months for it to work...if this is the case then i'm probably going to stop takin the pills :/
    thanks a bunch!!!!

Old 03-18-2005, 05:37 PM   #19
    GLSheridan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Audibrook
    I just want to know if anyone knows if there is a difference between Ortho Tri Cyclen and Tri - Sprinctec and if they would have different effects on acne
    There is no difference, and both should treat acne effectively.

Old 03-18-2005, 05:38 PM   #20
    GLSheridan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shan829
    hi,
    i just started taking tri-sprintec a week ago for my acne, and it seems to have made it a LOT worse. i was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to clear up the skin?? or if you have taken ortho tricyclin, how long does that take to clear up the skin? i was reading the disclaimer thing and it said that it may take a few months for it to work...if this is the case then i'm probably going to stop takin the pills :/
    thanks a bunch!!!!

It can take several months, but that's a poor reason to quit taking it.

Oral antibiotics can take several months to work as well. There is no miracle cure.

Old 03-18-2005, 07:30 PM   #21
    animalluvr77
    (female)

animalluvr77 HB User

GLSheridan is right !! It may take a few months before the birthcontrol will help with your acne problem, but that isn't any reason at all to stop taking it, if that is the only reason your going to stop taking it. Believe me, I had severe acne in high school and saw a dermatologist for it. He prescribed me many antibiotics for my acne until we found one that worked and it took almost 2 to 4 months before it really kicked in and then it was another 6 months before the pimples started to shrink away. Then another 8 months before the redness started to fade away. You have to realize that like GLSheridan said above, there is no miracle cure . You just have to give it time to work, it isn't going to work for anyone in just 2 or 4 weeks. Maybe 2 months. But I can say that being someone who did have severe acne at one time, that both the tri sprintec and ortho tri cyclin helped keep the acne under control. Just give it a chance!!

Last edited by animalluvr77; 03-18-2005 at 07:34 PM. Reason: not finished

Old 12-14-2005, 06:29 AM   #22
    ctea
    (female)

ctea HB User
    Unhappy Re: Tri Sprintec Birth Control?

I have taken OTC and OTC Lo. I switched back to OTC b/c my acne was getting bad and had low sex drive. Due to insurance purposes I went to a generic of OTC- Tri Nessa tablets. I got these through Walgreens. Since a CVS was just built closer to my home, I went with them. Unfortunately, the do not carry Tri Nessa tablets, so had to switch to their generic they have, called Tri Sprintec. I am on day 3 and have had an excrutiating headache for 3 days and feel very nauseous. Also, I have been breakthrough bleeding the past 3 days as well, which never happened when I was on OTC or Tri Nessa. I am thinking about switching back again to OTC and pay more!

Old 12-16-2005, 07:58 PM   #23
    ATA92598
    (female)

ATA92598 HB User

I am glad that I finally looked up the tri-sprintec pill online. I thought I was going crazy with this itch, but I can see that I wasn't the only one who broke out with this pill. The heck with insurance, I'm paying full price to go back to ortho. I wonder if this company is checking this for responses to their pill? Thank you so much for the info!!!

Old 01-06-2006, 05:23 PM   #24
    MissKarin
    (female)

MissKarin HB User

I was actually on tri sprintec for awhile, and then for some reason on my third month, i got my period two weeks after finish my last one, in the middle of the pack.
    So i decided it would be a good to stop taking it... since it wasnt what my doctor perscribed me in the first place, at the last minute my pharmacisit asked me if i wanted the generic brand, and since it was cheaper i said ok.

So anyway does anyone know if i can go to my pharmacisit during refil time and just ask for Ortho tri cyclen , will they give it to me or do i need to go to the doctor again?

It was what the doctor perdcribed me in the first place

Old 01-07-2006, 06:47 AM   #25
    GLSheridan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MissKarin
    I was actually on tri sprintec for awhile, and then for some reason on my third month, i got my period two weeks after finish my last one, in the middle of the pack.
    So i decided it would be a good to stop taking it... since it wasnt what my doctor perscribed me in the first place, at the last minute my pharmacisit asked me if i wanted the generic brand, and since it was cheaper i said ok.

So anyway does anyone know if i can go to my pharmacisit during refil time and just ask for Ortho tri cyclen , will they give it to me or do i need to go to the doctor again?

It was what the doctor perdcribed me in the first place

When you go for your refill, indicate that you do not want the generic and would like the brand. If you have insurance, it's likely that it will not pay for the brand, so you'll be paying more than your standard copay.

Old 05-17-2006, 06:48 PM   #26
    Justryintohelp
    (female)

Justryintohelp HB User
    Talking Re: Tri Sprintec Birth Control?

I just wanted to post and say that I've started my fifth month on tri-sprintec and its worked really well. Its helped my face so much and I haven't had any horrible side effects. I got on these boards and read the posts and they scared me so bad I didn't go on the birth control for a year so I just wanted to leave a positive comment in case anyone else is in my situation. Obviously I can't guarentee anything because everyone is different but if your desperate for something to help your skin or unsure wether or not to take it, it really helped me.

Closed Thread