It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Colon Message Board

• Stool problem - Please help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-02-2002, 08:01 AM   #1
    Axa
    (male)

Axa HB User
    Red face Stool problem - Please help

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I think I have.

When I go to the toilet my stools are normal shape/colour but it's like they are pieces of stool put together to make a big ones. A bit like having lots of peices of clay and pushing them together. Someone told me this is a sign of slight constipation. However the stools have like ridges between the peices and like gaps and in those gaps there is like a darker coloured furry thin stuff. If I tap at the stool this stuff seperates from the stool and looks stringy and a bit mucousy.

Sorry to be so graphic but does anyone have any idea what is this? I have no bleeing or pain.

Thank you all for your time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2002, 05:10 PM   #2
    bjg
    Senior Veteran

bjg HB User
    when in doubt ..get it checked out...go to the dr..they can have you do a fecal occult test to check for blood in the stool...also if you think constipatioin is partly to blame ...drink lots of water..1/2 ounce for every lb of body weight..it helps

Closed Thread