It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board

• Anyone familiar with CLL?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-03-2002, 08:24 AM   #1
    chitrick

chitrick HB User
    Question Anyone familiar with CLL?

This is my first ever post. My wife (46) was diagnosed with CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia) about 6 years ago. During a routine doctor's visit, her white count was slightly over the normal limit. Enough for the doctor's concern, she was re-checked three months later. The white count had elevated more. A bone marrow biopsy confirmed CLL, which is more common in males over age 50; but is none the less a slower moving form of leukemia. The downside is that there really is no cure for this type. My wife's white count is now up to 57,000 (6 times the limit). Red count is on the low limit. Lymph count is 14 times the limit. She gets checked every 60 days.

Recently she has been experiencing severe joint pain and swelling. She is not overweight. In fact, she tries to exercise and walk routinely. With all of the research I've done on CLL, I have not found anything that relates these latest symptoms to the cancer. When she brings it up to her Hemotologist, he doesn't really respond. Is there anybody out there who has experience/knowledge of CLL? I'd be very interested and appreciative of any/all input.

We've been told that chemo can sometimes slow the progression of the cancer. However, what the doctors look for before prescribing treatment, is a sudden and drastic increase of white cells. The current count is the result of a steady climb over the past six years, which does not justify treatment yet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2002, 08:20 AM   #2
    Dbledutchs

Dbledutchs HB User
    I replied under my name thingy. I'm hoping we can help each other. Please read my reply!!!

Thank you

Marie

Old 12-13-2002, 10:39 PM   #3
    Jaytor
    Senior Veteran

Jaytor HB User
    Have you tried the National Cancer Institute site?

It's a central site with access to many resources, whether information on the disease, diagnosis, treatment/protocol [PDQ], prognosis, clinical trials and patient/family support resources, etc.
    [url="http://www.nci.nih.gov/"]http://www.nci.nih.gov/[/url]

Old 02-25-2003, 05:35 AM   #4
    THANSEN

THANSEN HB User

WHO SAID CLL IS INCURABLE?
    OF COURSE, IT IS. THE SOONER THE BETTER.

JUST DO NOT GIVE CORTICOSTEROIDS AND CYTOTOXICS TO PATIENTS.

CLL IS CAUSED BY VIRAL INFECTION. THE VIRUS BELONGS TO THE FAMILY OF DNA HERPESVIRUSES. CLL MUST BE TREATED AS A HERPESVIRUS INFECTION. YOU MUST NOT KNOCK OUT THE IMMUNITY OF SUCH PATIENTS.

IN 15% OF CASES UNTREATRED WITH STEROID AND/OR CYTOTOXICS THERE IS SPONTANEOUS REGRESSION OF THIS SPECIFIC CANCER OF THE BONE MARROW. CLL IS NOT A CARCINIMA. IT IS A SARCOMA CAUSED BY A HERPESVIRUS.
    MOSTLY IT IS EPSTEIN-BARR VIRUS.

GIVE YOUR WIFE LOTS OF SELENIUM+ZINC+COPPER+VERY LARGE DOSIS OF VITAMIN E+VITAMIN C.

AVOID EXPOSURE TO DIRECT SUNSHINE.
    ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL.
    ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING.

FOR THE ERADICATION OF THE VIRUS THERE IS A VIRUS-ERADICATING DRUG CALLED UN-WECA-B000FERDOVIR.
    IT IS NOT ON THE MARKET.
    IT MUST BE PRESCRIBED BY THE COMMISSIONER OF THE MEDICAL VOCATION (USA)TO SUFFERERS OF OUTSTANDING HUMANITY AT THE DISCRETION OF THE COMMISSIONER. YOUR WIFE DOES NOT HAVE A STATUTORY RIGHT TO IT.

BUT BY APPLYING THE AFORE-MENTIONED WISDOMS SHE WILL GO A LONG WAY.

P.S.
    INFECTION WITH HELIOBAKTER PYLORI MUST BE IMMEDIATELY ERADICATED IN YOUR WIFE-RIGHT NOW AND WITHOUT HESITATION.
    GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HEALTH.
    T. HANSEN

Quote:
    Originally posted by chitrick:
    This is my first ever post. My wife (46) was diagnosed with CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia) about 6 years ago. During a routine doctor's visit, her white count was slightly over the normal limit. Enough for the doctor's concern, she was re-checked three months later. The white count had elevated more. A bone marrow biopsy confirmed CLL, which is more common in males over age 50; but is none the less a slower moving form of leukemia. The downside is that there really is no cure for this type. My wife's white count is now up to 57,000 (6 times the limit). Red count is on the low limit. Lymph count is 14 times the limit. She gets checked every 60 days.

Recently she has been experiencing severe joint pain and swelling. She is not overweight. In fact, she tries to exercise and walk routinely. With all of the research I've done on CLL, I have not found anything that relates these latest symptoms to the cancer. When she brings it up to her Hemotologist, he doesn't really respond. Is there anybody out there who has experience/knowledge of CLL? I'd be very interested and appreciative of any/all input.

We've been told that chemo can sometimes slow the progression of the cancer. However, what the doctors look for before prescribing treatment, is a sudden and drastic increase of white cells. The current count is the result of a steady climb over the past six years, which does not justify treatment yet.

Old 02-26-2003, 12:55 AM   #5
    amlgirl2
    (female)

amlgirl2 HB User
    I had the acute myelogenous leukemia form and experienced joint pain two months after onset of symptoms. The oncologist explained to me it was the result of my bone marrow filling up with leukemia cells, which in turn caused bone/joint pain. Steroids help slow down the growth of the cells, reliving the pain. Chemo of course got rid of the pain.

Closed Thread