It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Different pharmacies - Different generic brands of Ortho Tri-Cyclen

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-05-2005, 08:13 AM   #1
    LauraOSU05
    (female)

LauraOSU05 HB User
    Different pharmacies - Different generic brands of Ortho Tri-Cyclen

I was switched from Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo to regular OTC in December because the Lo was horrible for my skin. However, due to insurance, I was given a generic form called TriNessa 28 by my Rite Aid Pharmacy, which I used in January. My body seemed to tolerate it well, but I still get acne!

Now that I am back at school, I have to use a CVS pharmacy to get all of my prescriptions filled. This month, they gave me a totally different generic form of regualr OTC called Tri-Sprintec. How is my acne supposed to go away if each pharmacy uses different generics??

Any experiences on either of these pills--especially using them for acne?? Thanks girls!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2005, 06:07 PM   #2
    GLSheridan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GLSheridan HB User
    Re: Different pharmacies - Different generic brands of Ortho Tri-Cyclen

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LauraOSU05
    I was switched from Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo to regular OTC in December because the Lo was horrible for my skin. However, due to insurance, I was given a generic form called TriNessa 28 by my Rite Aid Pharmacy, which I used in January. My body seemed to tolerate it well, but I still get acne!

Now that I am back at school, I have to use a CVS pharmacy to get all of my prescriptions filled. This month, they gave me a totally different generic form of regualr OTC called Tri-Sprintec. How is my acne supposed to go away if each pharmacy uses different generics??

Any experiences on either of these pills--especially using them for acne?? Thanks girls!

The generics are chemically identical, so it doesn't matter what generic you get. They're all identical to one another, and identical to the brand. Using different generics will have no baring on your skin condition.

Old 02-05-2005, 07:41 PM   #3
    Rms11
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Rms11 HB User

Some generics act differently. Some people can't take generic drugs. The chemicals and active ingredents in the pill are exactly the same as the name brand drug however the dying and other agents that go in to making the pill are different and this sometimes causes problems for people. My friend was on the name brand of one pill and then was switched to the generic, when she switched to the generic she had breakthrough bleeding all the time...so generics can act differently with your body.

Old 02-07-2005, 12:27 PM   #4
    jc1234

jc1234 HB User

this is what i am going though yet again. i ask my obgyn please put on my perscibition no generic and what does my insurance company send generic. i have recently started otc again and have been on it now for 3 months but now what do i do. its monday i start on sundays so now i have to wait for next month. and i refuse to take tri spr.... whatever its called it made me break out, no sex drive i hated it i was on that for 5 months cuz my insurance company wants to send me generic now but before that i was on otc and i was fine. now i dont even want to take it if every freaking time i go to get refills this happens. but then i want to be protected im not ready to have a baby

Old 02-07-2005, 04:06 PM   #5
    Fallen2love

Fallen2love HB User

I take Tri-Sprintec my face has broken out abnormally for the last couple months and this hasn't helped it any I've never had any problems before. This is my first month of it though maybe it just takes time :/

Old 02-08-2005, 01:21 PM   #6
    Rms11
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Rms11 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fallen2love
    I take Tri-Sprintec my face has broken out abnormally for the last couple months and this hasn't helped it any I've never had any problems before. This is my first month of it though maybe it just takes time :/

It may just take some time for your skin to clear, my doc said you will def know by the sixth month if it is going to improve or make your skin worse. In the meantime, I know how frustrating it can be. I have been on OTC lo for 2 years now and have been pretty much acne free.

Closed Thread