It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board

• Has Anyone Tried Holistic/Homeopathic, And Other Alternatives For Their Allergies?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-18-2005, 08:39 PM   #1
    Charlie Muffin
    Inactive
    (female)

Charlie Muffin HB User
    Has Anyone Tried Holistic/Homeopathic, And Other Alternatives For Their Allergies?

Hi there

Besides cleaning like a madwoman, avoiding the allergens, getting a hepa filter, getting allergy bedding,

has anyone tried holistic/homeopathic, and other alternatives for their allergies?, and if so, what were your results?

I would really like to get off *all* medication altogether, but my allergies get so bad, I resort back to medicine, so I'm looking for natural alternatives, and would like to hear of other people's experiences and results.

Thanks,
    Charlie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2005, 05:08 AM   #2
    EWF

EWF HB User
    Re: Has Anyone Tried Holistic/Homeopathic, And Other Alternatives For Their Allergies?

Hi Charlie -

A few years ago, I tried Quercetin/Bromelain, a natural supplement you can find at healthfood stores and probably at many phamacies in the vitamin aisle. It really worked for me! I was having other health issues at the time, though, that required me to get off of all supplements, so I'm not on the Quercetin/Bromelain anymore. If I could, though, I'd take it again. It's probably well worth a try.

Also, I'm on allergy desensitization drops, which are like allergy shots but are taken under the tongue instead. Those have worked great and are not a medication.

Old 02-21-2005, 11:29 AM   #3
    bigdogmom48
    (female)

bigdogmom48 HB User
    Re: Has Anyone Tried Holistic/Homeopathic, And Other Alternatives For Their Allergies?

I have been getting allergy injections for at least 20 years and they help a great deal. However, I have still had to take an average of 2 antihistimines a day for 30 years or more. A little over a year ago I was looking for more environmentally friendly cleaning products because it made no sense to be sending ammonia, chlorine, lestoil, etc. into my ground water when we have a well. It also made no sense to wash the floor with lestoil and then spill food on the floor where my dogs would promptly lick it up, including any cleaner residue. I found a company that has ALL environmentally friendly cleaning products that, unlike vinegar and baking soda, work as well or better than the stuff I was using. Last November it suddenly hit me that I wasn't using as many antihistimines any more. As a matter of fact, I am down to only about 1 or 2 a week, if that. My suggestion would be that perhaps all of that cleaning you are doing may actually be agrivating your allergies. Try putting all of your cleaning products in the garage and using vinegar or baking soda (don't combine them, they explode) for a while. Most health food stores have some more natural cleaning products, although they do tend to be expensive. I understand Borax is environmentally friendly as well.

Old 02-21-2005, 03:45 PM   #4
    Charlie Muffin
    Inactive
    (female)

Charlie Muffin HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Has Anyone Tried Holistic/Homeopathic, And Other Alternatives For Their Allergies?

Hello,

Thank you for your posts. It is helpful, and I will try it out.

I have bought some environmentally safe cleaning products, but I can still replace some of the stuff (that's not environmentally safe) that I use.

There is a great natural foods/products store near my home, so that is a good thing.

About 5 years ago, I suddenly got allergic to regular detergents and shower stuff- I was itching, getting rashes, etc. Then I switched to hypoallergenic stuff, and wala, my itching and rashes dissapeared (from using the old detergents, etc.)

There are miraculously sometimes during a 1 week period, or sometimes even 2-3 (!), I can go without medicine, and not get any allergy attacks, and I'm like, "Whoah," what happened there?

Okay, thanks again,
    Charlie

Closed Thread