It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Lexapro

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-22-2005, 05:24 PM   #31
    collette123

collette123 HB User
    Re: Lexapro

I am on 10mg of Lexapro and did experience a couple of weird hot flashes, and it was right when I started it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2005, 05:10 AM   #32
    americandancer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

americandancer HB User

collette, are you still happy with the lexapro?

Old 02-23-2005, 05:32 PM   #33
    collette123

collette123 HB User

HI

Yes I am still happy with the Lexapro. I am on 10mg, and I have had very few side effects. I think it gives me a little more confidence,and a little less anxiety, I have yet to have a panic attack on it. Thanks for asking. Everything going ok with you?

Old 02-23-2005, 05:37 PM   #34
    americandancer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

americandancer HB User

still working on it. I have given the zoloft 5 weeks now and I just don't like it. I have a dr. appt. tomorrow, so we'll see. This is the same one that wanted my to take zyprexa, so if he suggests that one again, I think I'll have to break down and find another dr. I've seen him forever, so I hate to.

Old 02-23-2005, 08:47 PM   #35
    angelkade21
    (female)

angelkade21 HB User
    Talking Re: Lexapro

Yeah i definetely experienced that. Its scary at first but then it only last for less than a Minute. I have been on Lexapro for about 2 weeks now and the Good Definetely outweighs the Bad. I feel more confident about my self, i am less panicky and anxious. This Lexapro is really working for me. I now know tons of people who are on it. I've heard nothing but good from them. My sister in law was on it for 4 months and she is doing ok. I have my Moments where i feel like my old self is kicking through the Door and i feel like i am losing my mind, I get Flushed, My heart races, I get panicky, and i feel really scared but it only last for a couple of seconds and it goes away immedietely with me feeling Fine. I know this medicine is working for me but everyone is different. I am willing to deal with the couple minutes of Panic, that rarely ever happens opposed to all day and all night being freaked out before i even took lexapro. I hope Lexapro works out for anyone else that is on it. I don't know if this is the Medication at work or not but i feel like i have a Positive attitute toward things in life now.. What a change from a pesimistic personality i have had my whole life.

Old 02-24-2005, 05:19 AM   #36
    americandancer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

americandancer HB User

What amount are you taking? I always felt I didn't give the lexapro enough time to work, and I wish I had. I was so scared about the weight gain, but I am beginning to not really care as long as I find something that works. My assistant at work takes it and she is a different person....much nicer and calmer. She does complain about being hungry all the time though.

Old 02-24-2005, 08:24 AM   #37
    angelkade21
    (female)

angelkade21 HB User

i am taking 5 mg of it. i have 10mg but i had to cut the pills in half. i haven't noticed any weight gain yet?

Old 02-24-2005, 11:07 AM   #38
    americandancer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

americandancer HB User

She's on 20mg, so that is probably the difference. My dr. wanted me to take 20 also.

Old 02-24-2005, 03:36 PM   #39
    urbanviolet
    (female)

urbanviolet HB User

Been on lexapro 20mg for about 3 months. I am much better!! Didn't notice any side effects. Depression and anxiety way better. I just don't feel very motivated concerning anything, but that doesn't bother me.(wierd)
    As for appetite, I'm not sure. I took zoloft for a couple of weeks before I started the lexapro. I lost weight with zoloft(only desired food for nourishment). Then I gained it all back on lexapro and all the usual cravings returned! At least the weight hasn't given me anxiety!!!

Old 02-26-2005, 08:04 PM   #40
    angelkade21
    (female)

angelkade21 HB User

As far as being Panicky and worrying all the time, the Lexapro takes care of that for me. But i still can get into situations and when i get a panic attack it seems pretty Bad and Fortunately it doesn't last long but it is hard for me to calm down and forget about it after it happens. I was getting my hair cut today at a Salon. Big mistake for me. I experienced really bad ones when i was sitting there and the worst thing was i had to act like i was normal and fine. I get Flushed/ and my Body overwhelms with Panic and Fear. I get scared and feel depressed and it seems like all these emotions are running through me at once. I can't live my Life like this.. I noticed Lexapro helps but i don't think i can ever react the way i used to in public or at home knowing what a panic/Anxiety attack feels like. I feel like I am a Prisoner. Pray that the Meds help and that down the Road it won't get worse. I can't deal with it now, let alone if it gets worse. I don't like feeling like i am losing my mind.

Old 03-01-2005, 08:52 AM   #41
    pat52
    (female)

pat52 HB User

I had a severe case of vertigo at work in September of last year. Then my life came crashing down. I couldnt ride in a car-any movement made me dizzy with fear and strange tingling feelings all over my body. I felt like walking on marshmellos. Doctor thought inner ear- had MRi C-Scan, blood works, ears cleaned, valium, xananx for possible inner ear BVVP or MAV. I began experiencing "extreme panic attacks"-at times I was so terrified I couldn't walk-felt like my legs were jelly or just frozen from fear. I couldnt go to work all I did was shake "literally" shake-when time to go to work I'd have hysteria-crying . At work I shook my leg constantly at my desk-I was in fear I was going to have another attack of Vertigo-former boss not very understanding-(she was never sick-never missed a day of work-when she was sick came in and made everyone else sick -then get mad you missed work! ) Doctor put me on Lexapro- First two days if you can believe it was worse than the above. Woke up one night felt like I ate a tube of ben-gay (high flash from the inside out") Horrible feeling. Day three started to have nose bleeds-day four-jitters / puplis in eyes dilated and pulsated. Day five-I called doctor and said I give-up! I decided I try and deal with it myself. 6 months later still having some panic and lighted headed feeling. I tried Zoloft, Paxil, Exeffor the SSRI just didnt work for me-I just couldnt get through the side effects. I was a Program Director and had to quit my job due to anxiety-wish these meds helped or I could have stayed on longer but I just couldnt tolerate them. Now I take valium-helps some. my sister on the other hand swears by Celexa-she had some of the same symptoms as I-she is President of a local Credit Union and it has done wonders for her. We each are going through menopause and it just shows some drugs are extremely helpful for some-others it causes more problems. Sorry this is long. Good luck with the Lex or Celexa-hope you find releif.-because anxiety related problems are h*ll.

Closed Thread