It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Acne Message Board

  • PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 02-21-2005, 11:15 AM   #16
    Summer Girl
    Senior Member
     
    Summer Girl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Posts: 250
    Summer Girl HB User
    Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tracy1970
    I am horribly scarred. I think the majority of the reason is tazorac and retin-a.
    Did you go out in the sun without sunblock while being treated with retin-a?

    I don't know anything about the other one you were being treated with but I know that with Retin-A you are suppose to avoid the sun. Unless you are using sun block.

    That could of been apart of the problem.

    It is best that you go to a dermatologist to help you with the problem you are currently experiencing with your skin.

    Last edited by Summer Girl; 02-21-2005 at 11:29 AM.

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 02-21-2005, 02:54 PM   #17
    tracy1970
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    tracy1970's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 12
    tracy1970 HB User
    Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

    THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS, AND TO SYDNIESMOMMIE, i will defenitley try that oatmeal stuff. I appreciate all the help i can get, and you have all defenitley given me something to think about. As for the question about being in the sun while on retin-a, I actually live in new york where it is pretty much cold 8-9 months out of the year, so i am pretty sure that was not an issue. If anyone else has any suggestions i'd love to hear them. Thanks again.

     
    Old 02-21-2005, 03:39 PM   #18
    Und3rc0v3r
    Inactive
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Posts: 101
    Und3rc0v3r HB User
    Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

    Other people have said it already, but let me say that I am amazed at the healing ability of my skin. And I'm 21 so there's plenty of time for you I've found that diet is the biggest controlling factor I have over my active acne AND red marks, and even scars (including premature wrinkles from over-drying).

    I used to have a deep wrinkle in my forehead and I always thought I was stuck with it And then one day my Grandma remarked on it and I felt awful - she wasn't being mean; she was clearly upset for me that, at 20 years old, I had wrinkling like a forty-year-old. So I resolved that the wrinkle was going to disappear. And a year on and I swear if I was taking photos (I wish I had now), I could see the improvements month after month!

    Like I said, I have helped my skin rejuevenate itself through dietary improvements: basically reducing my intake of inflammatory carbohydrates e.g. sugar. If you have smile lines, these will be the first to be reduced by cutting out sugar from your diet. But you said you've already made changes to your diet. Do you think you could be doing any more? I find that if I don't get the correct balance between vegetables and fruit, the sugar in sweeter fruits can cause problems (although nothing as severe as refined sugar).

    With respect to my deep forehead wrinkle, in particular, I have conditioned myself NEVER to furrow my brow. If I feel myself doing it I get very annoyed because I know it can't help. Furthermore, I subconciously perform stretching exercises on my forehead by pushing down my eyebrows (if that makes sense ). Whilst that does encourage a crease in the ridge of my nose, it doesn't seem to last (with that area having drastically improved due to diet as well).

    Another factor that has helped my skin heal itself is good moisturisation. You shouldn't be afraid to moisturise! If you don't provide your skin with enough natural moisture it will compensate with excessive sebum production, as I am sure you are already aware. I am a guy but I still cleanse, tone and moisturise twice daily. I use the Simple range of products that can be bought in the UK.

    When it comes to putting other things on your face, I would avoid it for the time being. I have come to learn that treating acne is more about taking things away than adding them to the problem. I desperately wanted a quick solution to my scarring, and last year I had three microdermabrasion treatments. I am sure they helped reduce some of my more pronounced scars and marks, but in the short-term the effects were horrible: at the end of the day they take off the top layer of your skin

    I have also tried Epidermx with success. But for now I leave it in my toiletry bag because again, in the short-term, it leaves my face looking red, grazed, and generally encourages a fight-back from any active acne. Basically, it's taken me nearly eight years to realise it, but our skin behaves the way we want it to when we look after it the wat nature intended. I think you've already learned this lesson too, tracy

    I appreciate that it's difficult to know who to believe, especially when different things work for different people. But in MY experience, we're in it for the long haul and it's far better to develop a long-term strategy than opt for the easy short-term solution. Trust me: when you start to see improvements, it doesn't matter how gradual they are, the temptation for a quick-fix disappears.

    Last edited by Und3rc0v3r; 02-21-2005 at 04:14 PM.

     
    Old 02-21-2005, 04:40 PM   #19
    tracy1970
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    tracy1970's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 12
    tracy1970 HB User
    Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Und3rc0v3r
    Other people have said it already, but let me say that I am amazed at the healing ability of my skin. And I'm 21 so there's plenty of time for you I've found that diet is the biggest controlling factor I have over my active acne AND red marks, and even scars (including premature wrinkles from over-drying).

    I used to have a deep wrinkle in my forehead and I always thought I was stuck with it And then one day my Grandma remarked on it and I felt awful - she wasn't being mean; she was clearly upset for me that, at 20 years old, I had wrinkling like a forty-year-old. So I resolved that the wrinkle was going to disappear. And a year on and I swear if I was taking photos (I wish I had now), I could see the improvements month after month!

    Like I said, I have helped my skin rejuevenate itself through dietary improvements: basically reducing my intake of inflammatory carbohydrates e.g. sugar. If you have smile lines, these will be the first to be reduced by cutting out sugar from your diet. But you said you've already made changes to your diet. Do you think you could be doing any more? I find that if I don't get the correct balance between vegetables and fruit, the sugar in sweeter fruits can cause problems (although nothing as severe as refined sugar).

    With respect to my deep forehead wrinkle, in particular, I have conditioned myself NEVER to furrow my brow. If I feel myself doing it I get very annoyed because I know it can't help. Furthermore, I subconciously perform stretching exercises on my forehead by pushing down my eyebrows (if that makes sense ). Whilst that does encourage a crease in the ridge of my nose, it doesn't seem to last (with that area having drastically improved due to diet as well).

    Another factor that has helped my skin heal itself is good moisturisation. You shouldn't be afraid to moisturise! If you don't provide your skin with enough natural moisture it will compensate with excessive sebum production, as I am sure you are already aware. I am a guy but I still cleanse, tone and moisturise twice daily. I use the Simple range of products that can be bought in the UK.

    When it comes to putting other things on your face, I would avoid it for the time being. I have come to learn that treating acne is more about taking things away than adding them to the problem. I desperately wanted a quick solution to my scarring, and last year I had three microdermabrasion treatments. I am sure they helped reduce some of my more pronounced scars and marks, but in the short-term the effects were horrible: at the end of the day they take off the top layer of your skin

    I have also tried Epidermx with success. But for now I leave it in my toiletry bag because again, in the short-term, it leaves my face looking red, grazed, and generally encourages a fight-back from any active acne. Basically, it's taken me nearly eight years to realise it, but our skin behaves the way we want it to when we look after it the wat nature intended. I think you've already learned this lesson too, tracy

    I appreciate that it's difficult to know who to believe, especially when different things work for different people. But in MY experience, we're in it for the long haul and it's far better to develop a long-term strategy than opt for the easy short-term solution. Trust me: when you start to see improvements, it doesn't matter how gradual they are, the temptation for a quick-fix disappears.

    wow thanks for that story, it definitley makes me feel a lot better, but i think guys bounce back better than girls, either way it still gives me hope, i wanted to know, after you have read my story, do you think microdermabrasion is for me. You told me it got rid of your scars and all. Don't you think that is what helped with your forhead wrinkle? what other kind of scars do you have? like i said, if i moisturize i breakout, and i have tried everything. If you were me, would you do microdermabrasion. I want do it but i just can't find the courage. It would kill me to see my skin get worst, even if it is just temporary. I know one person who said they got 70 percent better after doing microdermabrasion, and others who say it has done nothing for them. Do you have pockmark scars? Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for telling your story.

     
    Old 02-21-2005, 06:23 PM   #20
    liza
    Senior Member
     
    liza's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2002
    Posts: 122
    liza HB User
    Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tracy1970
    As for the question about being in the sun while on retin-a, I actually live in new york where it is pretty much cold 8-9 months out of the year, so i am pretty sure that was not an issue.
    Actually, It would factor in. It doesn't matter how cold or hot it is. You are still outside in the sun.
    I live in New Jersey and work in NY (We have the exact same weather. When it rains in NY it rains in Central NJ that is how close we are.) My doctor wanted to put me on Retin A and he said I can not be out in the sun without sunblock. He said that as long as I was being treated with it, I would need to wear sunblock when going outside.

    He told me even if it was a cloudy day, I would need to wear it.

    I didn't want to do it since it seemed to "risky" in my opinion.

    Last edited by liza; 02-21-2005 at 06:25 PM.

     
    Old 02-21-2005, 06:36 PM   #21
    BrandedPrincess
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    BrandedPrincess's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2003
    Posts: 157
    BrandedPrincess HB User
    Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

    I have to agree with Liza. It doesnt' matter if it is cold, hot, sunny, cloudy. If you go out in the daylight with Retin-a, you do need to wear sunblock on the areas that are being treated. That is very important. I wouldn't doubt that going outside without block had a hand in your skin problem.

    I do believe you need to seek a doctors advice however.

     
    Old 02-21-2005, 06:54 PM   #22
    Anibanani
    Veteran
    (female)
     
    Anibanani's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 335
    Anibanani HB User
    Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

    If I were you I would STOP using everything and just wash your face with a mild cleanser or better yet lukewarm water ONCE a day. Looks like your skin needs a whole lot of mosturizing and the best I have found is jojoba oil; you can get this at your health store or the internet the one I'm using is by heather loraine-keep in mind though they have 2 types of this oils:clear and gold, the clear is the one you want to use, the gold is more for serious conditions like psoriasis. Also you might want to try Tamanu oil(I rave about this stuff so much ppl are gonna start thinking I'm getting paid to advertise it LOL)anyway this oil is really amazing I used to have one wrinkle across my forehead ever since I started using these two oils that wrinkle is non-existent. THese 2 work good alone but even better at the same time. And no they don't clog pores, I know as soon as people read 'oil' anywhere alarm bells go off but actually certain oils are good for your skin and these 2 are the top ones I've found thus far. Good luck
    P.S you probly know already but the best time to moisturize is rigth after you shower while your pores are open you might get better results

     
    Old 02-21-2005, 07:43 PM   #23
    tracy1970
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    tracy1970's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 12
    tracy1970 HB User
    Angry Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by liza
    Actually, It would factor in. It doesn't matter how cold or hot it is. You are still outside in the sun.
    I live in New Jersey and work in NY (We have the exact same weather. When it rains in NY it rains in Central NJ that is how close we are.) My doctor wanted to put me on Retin A and he said I can not be out in the sun without sunblock. He said that as long as I was being treated with it, I would need to wear sunblock when going outside.

    He told me even if it was a cloudy day, I would need to wear it.

    I didn't want to do it since it seemed to "risky" in my opinion.
    Well thanks for the info, the only reason i said that it was not an issue, was my derm told me that it was not an issue, but what does she know, she's the one who got me here in the first place. anyway, please keep the info coming, its giving me a lot to think about and making me feel way better

     
    Old 02-21-2005, 07:48 PM   #24
    tracy1970
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    tracy1970's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 12
    tracy1970 HB User
    Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Anibanani
    If I were you I would STOP using everything and just wash your face with a mild cleanser or better yet lukewarm water ONCE a day. Looks like your skin needs a whole lot of mosturizing and the best I have found is jojoba oil; you can get this at your health store or the internet the one I'm using is by heather loraine-keep in mind though they have 2 types of this oils:clear and gold, the clear is the one you want to use, the gold is more for serious conditions like psoriasis. Also you might want to try Tamanu oil(I rave about this stuff so much ppl are gonna start thinking I'm getting paid to advertise it LOL)anyway this oil is really amazing I used to have one wrinkle across my forehead ever since I started using these two oils that wrinkle is non-existent. THese 2 work good alone but even better at the same time. And no they don't clog pores, I know as soon as people read 'oil' anywhere alarm bells go off but actually certain oils are good for your skin and these 2 are the top ones I've found thus far. Good luck
    P.S you probly know already but the best time to moisturize is rigth after you shower while your pores are open you might get better results
    which oil do you reccomend more, the jojoba, or tamunu? I take a shower every evening. how long should i leave on the oil? I actually wash with cold water. I read that washing with cold water makes blood rush away from the face for a couple of minutes, then makes blood rush back and stay there, and it is healthy for your skin. Thats the only thing im doing right now.

     
    Old 02-22-2005, 01:52 AM   #25
    acnescargirl2
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    acnescargirl2's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 46
    acnescargirl2 HB User
    Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

    im not discrediting what the person above said. but let me say that i did antibioitcs for four months to clear my acne (Without insurance about $500 bux total including apopintsments ) based on the advice of some on here i put tamanu oil on. well jokes on me i waisted my treamtent money and hard work because i have a gazillion white heads all over my face now and my face is all broken out. i DO NOT RECOMMEND tamanu oil. the person above it worked for them, im not saying they are lying but for me it broke me out perosnally. and it sounds like you breakout from regular moisturizer you do not want to do this. it is very expensive and it is very thick/syrupy. other than that i feel for your situation and good luck i hope your skin gets better. i too ruined my skin i dont know if it was the extent of yours but lets hope it will heal in time. try not to look in the mirror at it, and try not to think about your skin at all while you allow it to heal. say 'i wont look in mirror for two months or a year " or whatever u think u can handle. i stare at mine i feel a 100 X worse when i dont even look in a miorrro or think about it i **** with my skin a lot less and i just feel a whole lot better inside. remember there is more to you than your face !!! if you dont worry about your face the real you can shine through more and people will notice that you are a happy wonderful person !! all thigns heal in time too u know it might be somewhat permanet and it might take a while to heal a couple years mabye but just remember it will probably look a lot better. i hope there is something a derm can do to help you ! pls take care and love yourself *HUGS*

     
    Old 02-22-2005, 03:50 PM   #26
    Anibanani
    Veteran
    (female)
     
    Anibanani's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 335
    Anibanani HB User
    Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

    [QUOTE=tracy1970]which oil do you reccomend more, the jojoba, or tamunu? I take a shower every evening. how long should i leave on the oil? I actually wash with cold water. I read that washing with cold water makes blood rush away from the face for a couple of minutes, then makes blood rush back and stay there, and it is healthy for your skin. Thats the only thing im doing right now.[/QUOT
    Um, well they're both very good oils they moisturize the skin really well, but tamanu has more benefits than jojoba. If you do a search for them you can probably get more detailed info. and see which one is better for your needs. I think you might be ok with jojoba. Personally I use tamanu for my scars and it's working miracles, tamanu is known for healing skin and renewing it really fast so it depends on what you need I guess I don't know how your skin is really you know it best. Acnescargirl2 I think you may be allergic to Tamanu oil maybe that's why you're getting all those whiteheads.where did you say you bought your tamanu oil? because mine is nor thick and syrupy it's the same consistency as jojoba. I'm sorry it didn't work for you what a shame

     
    Old 02-22-2005, 05:08 PM   #27
    Und3rc0v3r
    Inactive
    (male)
     
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Posts: 101
    Und3rc0v3r HB User
    Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

    tracy, first off - what makes you say "guys bounce back better than girls"? Do you mean with respect to scar healing or regaining the confidence to be outgoing and not stress about our skin? I don't think there's any biological reason why a girl's skin can't heal faster than a guy's. The only reason I can think of would be if the girl was wearing make-up that caused further break-outs and prevented the pores from breathing properly.

    Anyway, as I said in reference to microdermabrasion, it's a double-edged sword. I was DESPERATE to try it and luckily I could afford it. But it's a fairly painful procedure. Firstly your face gets sprayed with tiny, sharp crystals and (if you so ask), problem areas get battered to the point where you have to grit your teeth. Then for good measure a mask is applied to your raw skin that helps protect it from sunlight (since you would burn easily with the top layer missing) and it stings like a ...

    But I believe that having dealt with cystic acne I have suffered some of the worst kind of physical pain there is (but no, I haven't been shot in the stomach before). And after the pain the effects are desirable: red marks are evened out and lines and wrinkles smoothened. But You can expect to have a very red face for about five days, by which time you're supposed to be thinking about the next appointment. That was why I didn't carry on with microdermabrasion: the short-term effects would have got in the way of important things like the job interviews I had to attend. If I had a couple of months spare I would book a full course because I know that the redness fades and with each treatment my skin would continue to improve.

    I am, however, relatively lucky with scars, so I cannot be sure how successful microdermabrasion is for their treatment. I suspect it can irradicate even deep scars given enough sessions. For example, I have two fairly symmetrical, pitted, pock-like scars on my forehead which I requested the nurse concentrate on. Like I said, that hurt like Hell, but it was worth it because over time their depth has decreased and new skin has replaced the scar tissue. You see, microdermabrasion promotes the growth of new collagen which, in turn, improves the elasticity of your skin. Where once I had a deep wrinkle on my forehead which I could only smoothen out by literally lifting the skin, I now have a faded line and the skin on my forehead is increasingly taut. But like I said before, I attribute this to diet as much as anything.

    The bottom line, tracy, is that I don't want to recommend microdermabrasion if you're in a state of mind where, if it were to cause any further damage, you would be further upset. I know how difficult it is to get these ideas out of your head once they pop in there. But, in my personal opinion, I think you should concentrate your efforts on getting on top of your break-out cycle before you consider scar treatment. Once you prevent new acne you'll be amazed at how quickly things improve And although microdermabrasion has been advertised as a tool for fighting active acne, in my experience it only makes it worse.

    I assume you live in the States. I shall look into the moisturiser I use and see if I can recommend a US equivalent because I have never had any problems with it. Good moisturisation CANNOT be underestimated in the fight to regain smooth, clear skin!

    Lastly, don't be afraid to ask more questions!

     
    Old 02-24-2005, 10:29 AM   #28
    tracy1970
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    tracy1970's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 12
    tracy1970 HB User
    Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Und3rc0v3r
    tracy, first off - what makes you say "guys bounce back better than girls"? Do you mean with respect to scar healing or regaining the confidence to be outgoing and not stress about our skin? I don't think there's any biological reason why a girl's skin can't heal faster than a guy's. The only reason I can think of would be if the girl was wearing make-up that caused further break-outs and prevented the pores from breathing properly.

    Anyway, as I said in reference to microdermabrasion, it's a double-edged sword. I was DESPERATE to try it and luckily I could afford it. But it's a fairly painful procedure. Firstly your face gets sprayed with tiny, sharp crystals and (if you so ask), problem areas get battered to the point where you have to grit your teeth. Then for good measure a mask is applied to your raw skin that helps protect it from sunlight (since you would burn easily with the top layer missing) and it stings like a ...

    But I believe that having dealt with cystic acne I have suffered some of the worst kind of physical pain there is (but no, I haven't been shot in the stomach before). And after the pain the effects are desirable: red marks are evened out and lines and wrinkles smoothened. But You can expect to have a very red face for about five days, by which time you're supposed to be thinking about the next appointment. That was why I didn't carry on with microdermabrasion: the short-term effects would have got in the way of important things like the job interviews I had to attend. If I had a couple of months spare I would book a full course because I know that the redness fades and with each treatment my skin would continue to improve.

    I am, however, relatively lucky with scars, so I cannot be sure how successful microdermabrasion is for their treatment. I suspect it can irradicate even deep scars given enough sessions. For example, I have two fairly symmetrical, pitted, pock-like scars on my forehead which I requested the nurse concentrate on. Like I said, that hurt like Hell, but it was worth it because over time their depth has decreased and new skin has replaced the scar tissue. You see, microdermabrasion promotes the growth of new collagen which, in turn, improves the elasticity of your skin. Where once I had a deep wrinkle on my forehead which I could only smoothen out by literally lifting the skin, I now have a faded line and the skin on my forehead is increasingly taut. But like I said before, I attribute this to diet as much as anything.

    The bottom line, tracy, is that I don't want to recommend microdermabrasion if you're in a state of mind where, if it were to cause any further damage, you would be further upset. I know how difficult it is to get these ideas out of your head once they pop in there. But, in my personal opinion, I think you should concentrate your efforts on getting on top of your break-out cycle before you consider scar treatment. Once you prevent new acne you'll be amazed at how quickly things improve And although microdermabrasion has been advertised as a tool for fighting active acne, in my experience it only makes it worse.

    I assume you live in the States. I shall look into the moisturiser I use and see if I can recommend a US equivalent because I have never had any problems with it. Good moisturisation CANNOT be underestimated in the fight to regain smooth, clear skin!

    Lastly, don't be afraid to ask more questions!
    Well I think guys are more confident, cuz lets face it they dont look as bad with scars on there face, as girls. The media is always brainwashing us that we have to look a certain way, and I just don't think guys have it as bad. But im not a guy, maybe they do. You know better then me, youre a guy. Anyway I have cured my active acne cuz i have stopped eating carbs and sugar. Also I am taking essential fatty acids. I only take the ones that have no pcb's, or mercury in them. Anyway I did have one question. Since I overdid all those medications I have the tiniest little wrinkles if you look really close to my face. They look really bad. I was wondering if you had these and how microderm abrasion worked for you on these (if you had them) thanks!!

     
    Old 02-24-2005, 11:37 AM   #29
    abc2
    Junior Member
     
    abc2's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Posts: 15
    abc2 HB User
    Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

    hi im in the exact same situation as you, but with some differences... its a long story. the sad thing is that nobody listens when u try to warn them so dont even bother...


    here is what i do: (and i have to do this, otherwise i will not look representable enough to go outside)


    wash my face gently in the evening with a super gentle cleansing bar.. blah blah

    here is the trick: use 100% PURE natural jojoba oil as moisturizer.... yep thats right!... that stuff is amazing and it will NOT beak u out i promise you.
    if you get some pimples the following day dont quit... it will just be a coincidence(sp) .. i have used this for 2 years now
    it will make your skin look somewhat like skin again.. but ofcourse its no cure, because there is no cure for our condition


    in the morning u must use water on your face (DO NOT USE CLEANSER MORE THAN ONCE A DAY). if your face looks oily just gently pat dry with folded toilet paper

    repeat this method forever

     
    Old 02-24-2005, 03:13 PM   #30
    MystiqueMar
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    MystiqueMar's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Location: Camden, Tennessee
    Posts: 2
    MystiqueMar HB User
    Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

    I'm doing lazer treatment right now on my face. It's the only thing that has ever worked, and I started getting acne around 12....maybe a little younger. It's not that expensive..and you see results after the first treatment..Talk to your doctor about it. It is 6 treatments, it somewhat hurts, but it's bareable. You have to wear sunblock every time you go outside during the time your having the treatments done. So for also..about 12 weeks, because you have them every 2 weeks. After the treatment is over, your doctor would probably want you to go back every few months to have another, just to make sure it doesn't come back. It's totally worth it. That's for sure. And, it helps with the aging process...i'm pretty young..but I want to stay looking that way, lol. Well..it's just an idea...i'd really check in on it if i were you.

     
    Closed Thread




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:25 AM.





    © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!