It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board

• migraines, pressure and burning

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-14-2005, 11:21 AM   #1
    chriscwharris
    (male)

chriscwharris HB User
    migraines, pressure and burning

I have been getting migraines on and off for a couple of years, pretty much always on the left side of my head. I also seem to get ear pain at the same time.

In the last 12 months I have also been getting pressure feelings behind my left eye, very uncomfortable it is. My doctor feels that since the migraines have been going on for som long it's nothing to worry about.

I went to opticians and had eye pressure checked which was fine.

Then about 3 weeks ago I started getting a "burning" sensation at the front left of my head, kind of behind the the hairline. The burning is qute painfull and seems to come and go.

I have also had some anxiety issues for the last couple of years and have been taking dotheipin for about a year or so.

Any thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    taking it one day at a time...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2005, 05:56 PM   #2
    aslo
    Inactive
    (male)

aslo HB User
    Re: migraines, pressure and burning

I have very similar symptoms plus many others unfortunately. I had just the migraine, ear, eye symptoms about 20 years ago when we moved into an older musty house. It was a combination in my opinion of a pinched nerve in the neck, allergy, and failure of my eustachian tube to drain.
    Moving out of the house, many chiropractic adjustments etc. helped.
    When I had the migraine, I would shoot saline deep inside my head with a syringe and once in a blue moon i would blow terrible mucous from in there, and that would relieve it. Then the adjustments to the neck helped. I lived on one or two sudafeds a day for years. I also had a puffy eyelid on that side.
    The thing with migraines is to see what helps. Does a sudafed help or antihistamine? Then allergy or sinus is involved. Does a muscle relaxant or massage help, then there is a neuro muscular involvement. Does ergot or dilator help, then its vascular.
    This can be a terrible thing I know, best wishes. You may want to try some of what I mentioned, or ask your doctor, try massage, chiropractics, and maybe see if antihistamines or decongestants help.
    There arent a lot of conclusive tests for things like this unfortunately.

Aslo

Closed Thread