It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Leukemia Message Board

• High WBC question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-16-2005, 07:46 AM   #1
    Denec
    (male)

Denec HB User
    High WBC question

Hi all,

i have had high WBC for about 6 months or longer now. My doctor referred me to a hematologist.

Should I really be concerned?

I have a copy of my blood tests and for most part my WBC is usually around 12.2 when the normal range is 3.8-10.8

12.2 does not sound veyr high right?

The other thing that is high is something called monocytes, and that is 964

Still none ie very high. Could this all just be stress? I am kind of sick of going to doctors and thinking i dont really need to see this hematologist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 06:12 PM   #2
    Marimac
    Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User
    Re: High WBC question

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Denec
    Hi all,

i have had high WBC for about 6 months or longer now. My doctor referred me to a hematologist.

Should I really be concerned?

I have a copy of my blood tests and for most part my WBC is usually around 12.2 when the normal range is 3.8-10.8

12.2 does not sound veyr high right?

The other thing that is high is something called monocytes, and that is 964

Still none ie very high. Could this all just be stress? I am kind of sick of going to doctors and thinking i dont really need to see this hematologist.
    Tobacco use causes inflamation which will cause high WBC. If you have any inflammatory conditions such as bronchitis, asthma, arthritis, or coronary artery disease, you can have high WBC counts. Yours are somewhat elevated but the monocytes give the answer that some where you may be fighting a minor infection. The hematologist may or may not be able to pinpoint the actual location....

Old 03-16-2005, 08:30 PM   #3
    Denec
    (male)

Denec HB User

Hi thanks for taking the time to respond.

I dont smoke..well use to but quit 8 years ago =)

Barely drink maybe 1-2 drinks a month

How can I have an infection for 6 months though? I feel perfectly fine except for my migraines..whcih I have had all my life?

I dont have any of those conditions listed below, only thing I Have is high blood pressure and taking norvasc for it. I recently got a stress echo for a checkup and doc said i had a happy healthy heart.

I made an appt for march 30, and guess see what they say..was just curious what others thought. Thanks

P.S. looking at the rest of my WBC differential some are still very high...but in range so i guess that ok..but like for example

Lymphocytes is at 7637 and the range it says is 1500-7800

That looks high even though it not flagged but what do i know..LOL

Last edited by Denec; 03-16-2005 at 08:33 PM.

Old 03-17-2005, 08:41 AM   #4
    Denec
    (male)

Denec HB User

actually i got my lab results from my lsat dr and i have had high WBC since 2001

in 2001 my results were:

WBC 12.4

and in differntial high was Polys (Absolute) 8.1

in October 2004 my results were

WBC 11.4

and MCHC was low 32.9

nothing else was flagged as high

one thing I noticed all threee tests were done by different companies from what I have in my hand.

maybe my normal WBC is always a bit high...everyone cant be the same right?

Closed Thread