It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-23-2005, 10:02 AM   #31
    stasia12
    Veteran

stasia12 HB User
    Re: PLEASE HELP! SKIN RUINED "NEED ADVICE"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MystiqueMar
    I'm doing lazer treatment right now on my face. It's the only thing that has ever worked, and I started getting acne around 12....maybe a little younger. It's not that expensive..and you see results after the first treatment..Talk to your doctor about it. It is 6 treatments, it somewhat hurts, but it's bareable. You have to wear sunblock every time you go outside during the time your having the treatments done. So for also..about 12 weeks, because you have them every 2 weeks. After the treatment is over, your doctor would probably want you to go back every few months to have another, just to make sure it doesn't come back. It's totally worth it. That's for sure. And, it helps with the aging process...i'm pretty young..but I want to stay looking that way, lol. Well..it's just an idea...i'd really check in on it if i were you.
    how does it help the aging process, it houhgt it shrunk your oil glands, and those are supposed moistuize your face and protectyour skin from getting wrinkly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2005, 10:14 AM   #32
    casey s
    (female)

casey s HB User

hi, I have had problems with my skin and started to use Dr.Hauscka products for oily skin, changed my eating habits, and seeked advise from a Dermatologist. Don't be scared to put flax oil or even polysporen on your skin some times when you are at home. It will help it heal.

Old 03-23-2005, 11:16 AM   #33
    stasia12
    Veteran

stasia12 HB User

have you tried vitamin e gel?

Old 03-23-2005, 11:26 AM   #34
    stasia12
    Veteran

stasia12 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tracy1970
    I really need advice. I have had acne since 13. I am 19 and my acne is pretty much gone now. I am horribly scarred. I think the majority of the reason is tazorac and retin-a. Im a moron. They said apply a dime amount and i litteraly applied like a hand full. (keep in mind this was like 2 years ago) I was desperate! My face was blood red and peeling and i kept putting it on for a long time. Now i have no acne! but I look like a burn victim. And this is still like 2 years later. My forhead, temples, and cheeks look plasticy and wrinkly. I have been like this for a while! when i smile it is awful. Under those stupid hallogen or fluorecent lights i look horrible. My parents say i look okay because at home we have regular bulbs and i look better. I hate going outside because my skin looks like plasticy elephant skin. If i put on moisturizer or any cream for that matter i breakout! I don't know what to do. If I were younger i might heal because growing bodies are constantly shedding skin and growing new skin, but i know i defenitley stopped growing cuz im 19. I also have this deep wrinkle on my forhead. I don't want to do microdermabrasion or lasers or creams because im super sensetive to all that crap and i already look like a tomatoe. Anyway im on about every vitamin you can imagine, and essential fatty acids, and on a diet. I don't know what to do. The best years of my life are getting flushed down the drain. Has anyone had a similar experience, how did it turn out. Any advice! PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU

i know exactly how you feel about going outside. my skin looks similar and has all these fine lines, i look older than my older sister! a few years ago i put pro activ bp on my nose and cheek areas and had a bad allergic reaction. the skin there has been redder ever since, and i think i made it worse by using exfoliating products and no sunscreen since then. i have huge pores and fine lines, and oily skin! and am the same as you, unless its due to weather and my skin is really dry, if i put moisturizer or oils anywhere near my face i break out! ive been afraid to go to the derm because of this, afraid they will make it worse, but in the mean time it is worse im getting more lines as the days go by and looka weird combo of older and youndger than my age at the same time (combo nation of some acne and wrinkly skin) i try foundation to cover the redness and make the lines look better, but unfortunately it seems my skin wont stop exfoliating intself and peels alot, so foundation looks obvious,a nd alos highlights my large pores. im about to try lots of vitmains myslef, and am considering birth control pill because right after i get my period is the only time my skin looks anywhere near decent. i also look awful in direct sunlight,and i dont have cystic acne. luckily you are younger than i am so you have better chances of healing i think you should give the products for burn victioms a try, someone on thie board recomemended. absolutely stay away from anything that irritates your skin esp exfoliation. i dotn know if peels will make it worse or better, youd have to do a lot of research before you do that. see people stay stuff works for them,but they never give enough information about thier skin type and their skin history. dont do anything before you research it , you dont want to increase the damage..

Old 03-23-2005, 12:22 PM   #35
    tidus 007
    (male)

tidus 007 HB User

i can sympathize with you to a degree, i was lucky to never have bad facial acne so no scars, their. but i do have a good deal on my back, which makes me feel bad, but it could be worse, id saygo to a dermatoligist, and seek their advice, they will probably recomend a laser resurfacing. good luck!

Old 01-16-2006, 08:02 PM   #36
    Lalli
    Inactive
    (female)

Lalli HB User

I'm a 21 yr old female... I have hyper-sensitive skin, I've gone through so many different moisturizers it's disgusting. I've also been burned by tazorac an my face is still red, not past my jawline (b/c i think it says no to apply it to the neck) and around my lips it's white. It's been about 2 years since I've used it. I never used it in excess though, but still got burned b/c my skin is sensitive and dry, yea!

Anyway, I had extensive scars and dry skin that didn't shed correctly. So now I completely SWEAR by St. Ives Hydroxy Masque. I can only find it in Wal-Mart. It's a very mild AHA product. The redness on my face is a LOT better, the deep red scars are nearly GONE! I no longer have acne too. For a moisturizer I finally found a great one, Olay Total Effects 7x fragrance free, and I don't rub it in my face, I rub it on my hands then PAT it on my face. I also use Neosporin every night. I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't break out from that.

This regimen is the only thing that I've found works for me, thank god. It might help you peel off the layers and get rid of the redness. It really helped me. I've tried a lot of things and spent so much friggin money. But what I recommend the absolute MOST for you is the hydroxy masque, it's a peel, and very mild, it doens't irritate my sensitive skin. I hope this helps.

Closed Thread