It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• a harmless herb that works for acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-01-2005, 08:57 PM   #1
    nettleworks
    (female)

nettleworks HB User
    Lightbulb a harmless herb that works for acne

Acne runs in our family, bad acne, cystic. So it was no real surprise when our son developed it in middle school. He has suffered with it terribly until now. He is a junior in high school. We tried everything. He's been on doxycycline for a year and a half. But now we've found something that really does work and we found it by accident!
    I am an amateur herbalist and had just discovered that olive leaf cures a multitude of ills, including the common cold. So I sent my husband to the store to get me two bottles when I had a terrible cold, knowing from previous experience that it could really help. He picked up one bottle of olive leaf capsules and one of nettle capsules because they were right next to the olive leaf and he didn't look carefully. We wondered what to do with the nettle til I did a little research and found out that it can be used to treat skin disorders including acne. There are no side effects. It's eaten like a vegetable in France! Anyway, my son started taking it twice a day and in one month his acne is almost completely gone. He is so much more confident and happy now! Wow!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2005, 10:58 PM   #2
    Takara
    Inactive

Takara HB User
    Re: a harmless herb that works for acne

Thanks for sharing! And keep us updated on the progress!

Old 04-02-2005, 04:37 PM   #3
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nettleworks
    Acne runs in our family, bad acne, cystic. So it was no real surprise when our son developed it in middle school. He has suffered with it terribly until now. He is a junior in high school. We tried everything. He's been on doxycycline for a year and a half. But now we've found something that really does work and we found it by accident!
    I am an amateur herbalist and had just discovered that olive leaf cures a multitude of ills, including the common cold. So I sent my husband to the store to get me two bottles when I had a terrible cold, knowing from previous experience that it could really help. He picked up one bottle of olive leaf capsules and one of nettle capsules because they were right next to the olive leaf and he didn't look carefully. We wondered what to do with the nettle til I did a little research and found out that it can be used to treat skin disorders including acne. There are no side effects. It's eaten like a vegetable in France! Anyway, my son started taking it twice a day and in one month his acne is almost completely gone. He is so much more confident and happy now! Wow!
    Yup and other members drink Nettle Tea. Nettle is considered a DHT or 5alpha reductase inhibitor and acts sorta like Saw Palmetto (anti-androgen & 5-alpha reductase inhibitor) does if you've come across this herb as well. Most Males and some females seem to favor the B6, Zinc, & Saw Palmetto Regimen, but perhaps you can test out some olive leaf for his acne as well orally & topically as I've heard good things about it's anti-candida properties (may have if ever take antibiotics for acne).

Hope your son's skin gets 100% sooon

Old 04-03-2005, 09:00 AM   #4
    nettleworks
    (female)

nettleworks HB User

He is also taking olive leaf daily. I think that must be helping along with the nettle.

Old 04-03-2005, 12:50 PM   #5
    realityshow
    (female)

realityshow HB User

That sounds wonderful, Nettleworks. My son is about the age of your son. I hope that we have it in our pharmacies here in the Middle East so that I can buy it for him.

Old 06-28-2005, 06:36 AM   #6
    rkpc
    (male)

rkpc HB User

Hi,
    I have been researching this site for a long time,I have the greasiest t-zone skin for the past 10 years,accutane was the only thing that dried the sebum up,the acne is mild as I control it with Benzoyl Peroxide,however I started taking Nettle Capsules 2 weeks ago and my face is so much clearer,just wanted to share this with you all,as I have tried every other natural remedy on this website.

Quote:

Old 06-29-2005, 03:12 PM   #7
    davelacb
    Inactive
    (male)

davelacb HB User

Im trying not to take any pills because I have trouble swallowing them but I will keep this in mind.

Old 03-05-2006, 06:25 PM   #8
    Lalli
    Inactive
    (female)

Lalli HB User

What is a good brand for the nettle capsules, and also the olive leaf?

Old 03-05-2006, 07:12 PM   #9
    curiousP
    Veteran
    (female)

curiousP HB User

Quote:
    was his acne hormonal? where was it just on his jaw line or all over...i want to know b/c everyone talks about having hormonal acne cuz it is on their jaw but I don't have that mine is usually on my cheeks...would it worK if i needed it?

Old 03-10-2006, 07:58 PM   #10
    smoove_b

smoove_b HB User

I tried taking a nettle for a few months and it did absolutely nothing for me. I was taking a lot also. I was taking about 9 capsules per day for a while with no improvements. It could be the strong antibacterial properties of olive leaf which helps acne. I know that when I started taking antibiotic supplements like garlic and grapefruit seed extract that that helped my skin out big time.

Closed Thread