It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• Switched to liquid Samento from pill form

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-03-2005, 07:36 PM   #16
    Amber29
    (female)

Amber29 HB User
    Re: Switched to liquid Samento from pill form

DD,
    I have also heard reports that mosquitos can transfer Lymes. I need to do a little more reasearch on that. Have you lived in Portland this whole time? I lived in Portland from 1989-1993. I'm wondering if I contracted Lymes then or in Utah where I lived before that. My family still lives there (Beaverton) and I wonder about their health. Who is you doctor?
    My kids are 8, 7, and 2 years old. My 8 year old daughter is always complaining about weird aches and pains (mostly stomach) and she's always had weight problems that can't be explained. This is why I've decided to have her tested. I have been going to several different doctors over the last 12 years. First it started with a diagnosis of Epstein Barr Virus in 1993. I was always fatigued after that, and the doctors said I was just depressed, since that runs in my family. Six weeks after the birth of my first child, I had my gallbladder removed, diseased and a lot of gall stones. That was 1997. Depression and anxiety continued until early 2001 when I began to have severe anxiety and panic attacks. Now that was scary. I ended up dx myself on that one, switched doctors and just got good and drugged up. I was seeing a counselor who said I had Post Tramatic Syndrome, Panic Disorder, and Depression. In 2002 I had a sleep study done which indicated no sleep apnea or hypopnia but several respiratory effor arrousals, about 1 a minute. They couldn't really tell me what that meant. That's how I was until late 2002 when I got pregnant with my third child. I felt FABULOUS while I was pregnant. I think the Lymes may have gone dormant during that time. As soon as she was born it all came back but worse. That's when the joint and muscle pain started. I've been to so many doctors I can't even remember them all. When I went to see my GP last fall I began to suggest an autoimmune disease to her (maybe Fibromyalgia) but she didn't think that was the problem. I tell you what, once you've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety that's the dx for everything. When I finally ended up in the hospital after New Years, we were trying to figure out what to do next. My husband suggested we go to an ENT in town that does laser surgery. Well I just couldn't stand the thought of going to one more doctor and getting on one more pill or having surgery. I was already on so many drugs I could hardly wake up in the morning and get out of bed. That's when my sister in law (who was diagnosed with Lymes last fall) suggested that I go see these homeopathic people. I went and they told me I have Lymes. I also have a few other things going on because of the Lymes. I went to my GP to get a blood test. They did a Lymes titer which I think is the ELISA. It came back negative. I've been trying to decide if I should have more testing done or just keep doing what I'm doing.
    You don't have to answer this but is your wife on an anti-depressant? I was until 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure if that was a good move, but it was suggested by my homeopathic doc because she said the Samento would work better if I had that out of my system. I'm wondering if I should seek the help of an LLMD. So far the closest one I've heard about is in LA. That will take some serious time and money and a lot of help from a lot of people. Are you happy with your doctor? or homeopathic doctor? Thanks for answering back. No offense to all others posting but it's nice to talk to someone from the Northwest.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2005, 12:54 PM   #17
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear Amber,

No offense taken. I too felt like I was dealing with "neighbors" when cj and gottagetbetter told me they were living in Texas. We are definitely a national disease but like to know someone else that is infected is close by even if we never meet them.

You sound like you are doing okay and making some progress. It's nice that you and dorkdad can correspond concerning your treatments and progresses. The best thing is to be able to also share misgivings about what is going on. I'm like you, if I knew I would progressively get better over the next year I would be thrilled as would my family.

I follow your threads with interest because although my homeopathic has me on colloidal silver he could change me at any time and it's nice to know what everybody is doing and what works. I know everybody is different and what works for one person may not work for another but you never know.

I am intrigued by what dorkdad said about samento and saventero being similar. I haven't looked up the web site he mentioned yet and probably shouldn't ask this question until I do but I am going to ask anyway.

My homeopathic said he prefers saventero because it is supposedly the most TOA free product out there. I know nothing about it and would love to be able to be pro-active in my discussions with him about this. I did print up some of your threads back and forth and will show them to him. I have taken about half the bottle of colloidal silver he gave me and he may give me more but just in case he decides on the saventero I want to be able to ask some good questions. Do you have any idea why your homeopathic doctors prescribed the samento they prescribed? I'm sure that just as there are diverse opinions with medical doctors on how to treat this there will also be the same with homeopathic doctors. I would like to tell mine the opinions of some of the others who are treating people on this site.

I feel like I am walking a little better but I'm not sure if that is just because I'm finally starting to heal after tht tumble I took on Easter or the colloidal silver. I'm also lifting ankles weights to strengthen my leg muscles because I have just let them get weaker and weaker by just sitting around. It's tough but hopefully will prove to be beneficial. The soreness after the fall only allows me to do so much unfortunately but I'm plugging away.

I hope you don't mind the questions. That's how we all stay informed. Any info that I garner I try to pass along so maybe somebody else can benefit from it too. Please keep your dialogue up on your progress and even steps back so we can all follow your journey.

betterdaysforme

Old 04-04-2005, 07:53 PM   #18
    autmom

autmom HB User

We are also using the saventaro (and other supplements). It is lower in strength, but that's all my husband can handle right now....and he prefers capsules.

Old 04-04-2005, 08:51 PM   #19
    Amber29
    (female)

Amber29 HB User

Dear Betterdaysforme,
    I appreciate your information and encouragement. I'm with you, the more we share, the more we learn, the better we will feel. I am going to my Homeopathic doc. tomorrow. I will ask her what she thinks about saventaro and colloidal silver.
    I hope that your legs are getting better. I don't even know if I could do ankle weights. I can hardly make it up the one flight of stairs in my house and my legs are on fire. My massage therapist told me to maybe start walking or do some light pilates. I don't know. I just hurt too bad to even want to start. Yesterday and today have not been so good. I have a cough and slight fever. I thought maybe I was herxing but now I just think I've caught another bug. Oh the joys of Lymes. I will write tomorrow and tell you what my doc. says.

Old 04-05-2005, 07:32 AM   #20
    gottagetbetter
    Veteran
    (female)

gottagetbetter HB User

Amber29,

You might think about Yoga or Thai Chi. They are very theraputic. Not to discredit your therapist but Pilates can be harder on you until you have really been able to stretch.

I have been doing Yoga for a little over a year. It has saved my life. I have learned how to breath and its amazing. I do like Pilates but it is definitely a muscle building work out which for us building muscle(like weights) can make us very sick. Hope this helps!!
    ~P

Old 04-13-2005, 06:40 PM   #21
    dorkdad
    (male)

dorkdad HB User

Responding to Amber29 from 04-04-2005:
    I printed out your enthusiastic message the same day you posted it intending to get back quicker. When my wife is not doing well, I find myself shying away from other people's pain and difficulties. It has been a tough 2 weeks waiting for the Samento to kick in. So ,I hope you see this. In resposne to your questions since you lived in Portland from 89-93, I was born and raised here living on the east side of town. My 30+ military affiliation has taken me many places around the world, confirming that Portland is the permanent place for me. So I am well familiar with Beaverton. Our naturopath is Dr Satiya Ambrose near Damsacus, Oregon. You have some similarities to my wife's condition although you are much younger. She had her gall bladder removed 4 years ago. She has had severe anxiety, depression, and panic attacks. Menopause seemed to worsen symptoms plus a hyperactive thyroid wrought nit's own misery. Which causes which? The hotflashes keep her awake at night adding to the chronoic fatigue. Then there is the post traumatic thing which I won't go into but is definately a player. BUT the good news is that she had 2 nights in a row of decent sleep hoping for a third---first time in years this has happened. She tried Lorazepam (generic for Ativan) an anti anxiety pill which for some reason is stopping her hot flashes and aiding sleep. There is a naturopathioc product similar to this which she wants to try after consulting Dr Ambrose. My wife finds that Samento makes her woozy and has cut back from 5 drops 3x daily to 2 drops 3x daily. Portland has a Naturopathic College which may be able to refer local family to an LLMD in Beaverton if needed. We used the college to have our blood tested for Lymes. My wife had been tested for Lymes with the ELISA test (negative) but showed up positive with the Quantitative Rapid Identification Of Borrelia burgdorferi (QRIBb) test administered thru the College by the Bowen Research and Training Instsitute. It was recommended by Dr Ambrose and tests for Borrelia, Babesia, and Erlichia. Personnally I take 10 drops 3x daily of TOA-free Samanto and essentailly feel normal with none of the dramatic symptoms that so many others report---confusing but greatful.

I've read your postings for the past 2 weeks. What an exciting and amazing day it will be when you are well.....

DD

Old 04-14-2005, 06:30 AM   #22
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear dorkdad,

I read with interest the threads you and Amber send back and forth and like I did with her I encourage you to keep it up because it gives the rest of us the inside look at another approach. I am still on the colloidal silver (2 weeks) and stop on Saturday so the homeopathic will get a true reading with his magnets when I visit him on Tuesday. I don't understand his approach but it has worked in the past for finding out what is good or bad for me and what is or isn't working. We just never knew we were looking at lyme so never got to follow thru on the proper treatment.

I am glad to hear that you are doing well and hope that your wife is starting to see improvement. I think that the sleep she has been missing is contributing to the problem. I know she is taking something for anxiety but I hope it is the samento finally kicking in with her that allowed 2 good nights of sleep. Hope last night was a third good night. That was one of the first things that happened when I was on the Rocephin IV. Blessed sleep after 4 years of about 3 hours a night. And I just can't sleep during the day. I sometimes wonder how I continue to stand. Of course when they had to pull the IV because of liver problems it was back to no sleep because the Doxy just isn't cutting it.
    I have started to sleep some since going on the colloidal silver though. When I go Tuesday I don't know if the doc will keep me on it or change to samento.

I tied into the Nutramedix site and it was very informative. Some of the testimonials make you want to say that it is the only way to go especially if you have had this a long time. Boy the guy from the UK's story just blew me away. It sounds like it could take a while but if you are progressing that's okay. What I didn't understand though was all the people saying they would take this the rest of their lives. Does your doctor say this is necessary? I am so glad that ekim is getting better but hate the thought that he will take antibiotics forever maybe. Of course this may just be their own preference and maybe at a lower dose just because of all they have been through. Is it your understanding that the samento actually kills the lyme bacteria?

I don't know if either you or Amber have documented what you have gone through so far on the samento but think it would be beneficial to the rest of us in case we decide to add this to our regimens. Not necessarily a day to day thing but just what you experienced fromboth your experiences and your wife's. And also Amber would tell us hers. It would be nice to see if you had the same reactions at the same time.

I am so happy you are seeing results and hope this is the start for your wife. I don't think you have been on this for too long so that's encouraging. I think your wife and I are about the same age (57) so we are also being hit with some of the same female problems too which makes it doubly difficult.
    What is that old saying "life's a ***** and then you die". I refuse to buy into that and look forward to getting better. Hang in there and check in and let us know your steps with the samento whether they are forward or backward.
    We can atke it and will also learn from it.

betterdaysforme

Old 04-14-2005, 08:30 PM   #23
    dorkdad
    (male)

dorkdad HB User

BDFM,
    I like to print out long postings to help me think about them and how I would like reply and what questions to ask. It may take me a few days.

DD

Old 04-18-2005, 09:14 PM   #24
    Amber29
    (female)

Amber29 HB User

DD,
    So sorry it's been a while since I've posted. I've been way to busy for my own good. I saw your post about having the Bowen (QRIBb) test done. My homeopathic doctor told me it was $400.00. It's nice to know that it's less than that in Portland. Do you know if they send the bloodwork to Bowen in Florida or do they do it in Portland? I wanted to ask you if your wife takes the Samento on an empty stomach. That's what it says to do on the bottle. I couldn't do that. I would get really nauseated. It took me about a month to figure this out. My doc. told me to take it with food. I started doing that and was able to handle it a lot better. I've gone up to 10 drops 2 times a day now. I am really noticing a difference in my brain function. I have a better memory, I don't have as much brain fog, I can concentrate better, I can get organized (somewhat) and make decisions. Of course my thyroid is right on now and that can help tremendously. I hope your wife can get that under control. I am very familiar with lorazepam. I also take Klonopin mostly for sleep. Just let her know that she's not alone. I think about you guys a lot. Hang in there.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:16 PM   #25
    Amber29
    (female)

Amber29 HB User

BDFM,
    Hi! I hope you are doing well. I did see your post to DD and wanted to reply about Samento killing lyme bacteria. From what I understand from my homeopathic doc. I can be cured from Lymes with this Samento. It may take a while but I'm holding out hope. Can't give up right? I hope you read the post I just sent to DD. It explains a little bit more of what the Samento has done for me.

Old 04-19-2005, 02:39 PM   #26
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear Amber,

I read all of your posts with great interest as I may be doing the same thing soon. Thanks for all of your interest and info. I visited my homeopathic today and will give a more detailed explanation tonight after I get my hubby fed and off to work. Thanks again. You guys that are getting better are a real inspiration to us all no matter how you do it.
    betterdaysforme

Old 04-21-2005, 04:39 AM   #27
    dorkdad
    (male)

dorkdad HB User

Amber/ BDFM/ et al,
    In spite of the speed with which postings can be made, this thread has the comfortable pace of snail mail (but faster than stage coach!).
    I am only 30 pages into the book Beating Lyme Disease Using Alternative Medicine & God-Designed Living by David and Sarah Jernigan, copyright 2003. I am hoping it will include magnets as a diagnostic tool as you mentioned BDFM. The authors include a number of topics new to me.
    My wife has not had a "good" night's sleep since the 2 in a row---what a puzzling roller coaster.
    Question and answer time:
    I am reading that Samento does not kill Lyme bacteria by contact. It is an immune system modulator meaning that it affects the various aspects of each individual person's immune system to maximize your body's ability to kill the intruder. That might explain the wide array of reported conditions remedied by Samento (or Saventaro i.e. non TOA Cat's Claw). I see what you see that many users of Samento (including medical researchers and practitioners) talk about recurring symptoms when going off the product. The many stealth qualities of the Lyme bacteria lead me to wonder whether it can be annilated fully. Our LL Naturopath says her goal is just that---erradicate the beasty forever. She has a serious personal and professional motivation to achieve this. She says my wife is her first Lyme patient who also has heavy duty menopause issues, so much experimentation continues.
    Amber, Thanks for the input about taking Samento with food and the mention of Klonopin---I have mentioned these to J, my lovely and talented wife. Let me know if you can stay with 10 drops----that level made me overly anxious, a condition that I never experience otherwise. What keeps you so busy?
    BDFM: tell me more about your use of colloidal silver. I think it's okay to mention brand names and our personal opinion of them. Obviosly we are doing that with Cat's Claw products.
    That's all for now. I woke up wide awake at 3:30 AM readyy for action, so here I am.
    I am curious how the people in your lives are affected by your Lymes?

Be well...

DD :wave back:

Old 04-21-2005, 09:44 AM   #28
    Amber29
    (female)

Amber29 HB User

DD,
    It's funny that you should mention the anxiety. I have noticed that I've had more anxiety this past week, even a few panic attacks as well, but then again you asked what keeps me so busy. Well, we just put out house up for sale three weeks ago and got an offer after two weeks. The inspector is coming today and now I'm trying to find a rental to move our family into until our new house is finished being built. Well we are trying to sell the house we are building also, the market is crazy down here. Building a house can give you serious anxiety anyway, but my husband travels for work 4 days a week so I'm not getting a lot of help from him and I have three kids, ages 8, 7, and 2. It's a good thing I'm feeling better than I was two months ago. That's just the surface of things that keep me busy. You're probably sorry you asked. Anyway you also asked how people in my life have been affected. Well, at first it was really frustrating, when we didn't know what was wrong. My husband was just about ready to give up on me at the beginning of the year. That's when I ended up in the hospital and they found the thyroid thing. A few weeks out of the hospital I found out I had Lyme. It's been a relief for myself and my husband to just know what it is. But when he is home he has to take on a lot of the responsibility so that I can get some rest, which is hard to get when he's out of town. We've kind of worked out a schedule. I have to admit that we are also in counseling to try to figure out how to deal with the stress in our lives and an illness on top of it. Sometimes, I just can't handle things and the one thing I've learned through all of this is that I'm not in control. God is in control, and sometimes I just have to "let God." I'm a control freak so it's been hard for me to depend on so many people for help, but it's been a humbling experience and probably one that I needed. It's also taught me to appreciate the good times and not take anything for granted.
    I will ask my doctor when I see her on Monday about the anxiety and the Samento.
    Amber

Last edited by Amber29; 04-21-2005 at 09:48 AM.

Old 04-21-2005, 04:30 PM   #29
    dorkdad
    (male)

dorkdad HB User

Amber,
    Thank you, the chance to touch and be touched by other people's lives through sharing is a wonderfull gift. I'm wondering if your kids or husband have any symptoms. Sorry if I'm missing that from a previous post. Please keep me advised of your experience taking Samento with food---my wife is asking for that info. I appreciate your time sandwiched between major events.
    Sometimes I envision myself on a battlefield at war with the enemy that can crush my wife and our relationship---it makes me determined to survive and do whatever needs to be done.

DD (the warrior)

Old 05-01-2005, 01:33 PM   #30
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear Amber & Dorkdad,

I am glad that you are both doing well. I pray for yourwife dorkdad. I can't say that I have really ever dealt with menopause. I am 57 and when I was 40 my "entitled child - a daughter" decided to drive us crazy. It was so bad that I stopped having a period right then and there. The only problems I had after that was when she decided to think our house had a revolving door. If she moved back in I would drop blood clots the size of my fist for weeks. Not a period mind you just clots. When she would move out it would stop. I ended up with a D & C that they said would only last a year but it is going on 10 years now with no problems. After the D & C I got smart and told my husband no more with this child and we ended up giving her money to supplement what she needed to live outside the home. She is 34 right now and still as snotty as ever. She came back from Pa. in December to move back here and stayed with us for about 6 weeks. She was sweet as could be until it got closer for her to move out. She is a drug rep and beautiful but is very self centered. I'm convinced they switched babies in the hospital as she is nothing like my other children. But I have come a long way and don't let her crap bother me any more. Thank God and my accupuncture doctor for that!

I know that I got off track here and wanted to see how you are doing on the samento. I'm sure I got into the same nutramedix site as you and was astounded to read about the guy from the UK who fought this for 27 years before his diagnosis. WOW! He sure lifts my spirits. Some of the people on there talk about taking it forever. Do you think they will do this because they have to or just as prevention. Today the silver seems to be working but I go back to the homeopathic in a week or so and we will decide what to do then. I wish the silver would keep me going strong and I would just continue with it but am glad to know the samento is there too. By the way DD the colloidal silver is ASAP. I like the sound of that. I don't know the manufcturer as the bottle is downstairs. If you can't find it on the net let me know and I'll check it out for you.

Stay well!!

betterdaysforme

Closed Thread