It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Lexapro is working but I am so tired!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-18-2005, 08:39 PM   #16
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User
    Re: Lexapro is working but I am so tired!

Amy12345,

I have heard alot about Remeron making you very hungry and making you gain weight. Also, it seems like you feel hung over the whole next day too. I haven't heard anything good about it either. Good choice on your part to get off of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2005, 08:41 PM   #17
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Adam, that's a good idea to get their opinions. I am sure they can shed alot of helpful insight on the different meds for you. I wish you luck, whatever route you decide to go!

Old 04-18-2005, 08:51 PM   #18
    adam2000
    Veteran
    (male)

adam2000 HB User

The route to feeling like i used to i hope Thanks for reading - feels better to vent

Old 04-18-2005, 09:07 PM   #19
    dd annie
    (female)

dd annie HB User

I take Lexapro 10 mg and I had been on it for about 2 months and was not hungry at all, I stopped for about a month and then got back on it again. Currently, I am sick to my stomach and the last thing I want is food. I am starting to be able to relax a bit though. My anxiety level is starting to calm down. Not gone yet.

Old 04-19-2005, 05:43 AM   #20
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Adam, I was thinking maybe since you are worried about switching from the Paxil to the Lex, why not cut down to half of the Paxil for a couple of days, then down to a fourth, and then start on the Lex, so the Paxil is pretty much out of your system. You can do this before the weekend and have the full benefit of the Lexapro in your system. This might be a better approach. I am going with my hubby to his new psyc today, and I will ask him how you should do the switchover and let you know what he says.

hbannie, do you think the nausea is from the Lexapro? I had it at first, when I was taking it at night, and switched to mornings and it was better on my stomach. Now, I'm back to taking it at night with a snack, and doing fine with it. I've only been on it a little over a month and doing great (only sexual sideaffects). Which is a biggie for me, but I have read of some supplements to try and going to see if that helps.

Old 04-19-2005, 07:15 AM   #21
    adam2000
    Veteran
    (male)

adam2000 HB User

Wow that would be great, if you could get your doc's opinion on it I'll do your housework for a month

I just want to minimize anymore anxiety and make sure i can make it to work and be productive i cant afford to miss days at this darn job, too much work....

Old 04-19-2005, 07:54 AM   #22
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I will get back to you on that today. Hey - do you clean carpets? I would take you up on the housework - I HATE housework. But, if the Lex works as well for you as it does me, you will start feeling the aniety going away very soon, and be much more productive at work. I know I am. It was very hard to concentrate on anything before, but I am finding it easier now.

Old 04-19-2005, 08:18 AM   #23
    adam2000
    Veteran
    (male)

adam2000 HB User

I can understand that totally. I started having an attack yesterday morning, all i could do was sit here and figgit around. Couldnt sit and do any work, i was too antsey and i started getting very dizzy. Took a little bit of ativan and it curbed it for a few hours till i got home. It really sucks living like this...

Old 04-19-2005, 09:15 AM   #24
    greeneyes100
    Inactive
    (female)

greeneyes100 HB User

I think most of the SSRI's do make you tired. Paxil was the worst for me. I took Lexapro also and I still felt tired, but not as much. You might ask your doctor about adding some Wellbutrin to the Lexapro. Wellbutrin gives you energy and also helps with your sex drives. That combo worked great for me!

Old 04-19-2005, 09:18 AM   #25
    adam2000
    Veteran
    (male)

adam2000 HB User

Gee's if i cant have sex, that will really make me depressed *grin*

Old 04-19-2005, 11:58 AM   #26
    americandancer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

americandancer HB User

greeneyes, what dosage of wellbutrin and lexapro are you taking? I know you said the wellbutrin helps with the fatigue, but have you had any increase in appetite from the lexapro? My gyn had given me 300mg wellbutrin xl about a year ago....not for me, as I am too anxious. I wonder if my gp would agree to the lex and wellbutrin combo. Did you have anxiety issues also when you started taking this combo?

Old 04-19-2005, 12:30 PM   #27
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Everyone - interesting the turn this thread has taken. I just got from the Psyshiatrist with my hubby. I asked him about what can be done about the sexual side affects I was having with the Lexapro (or anything SSRI for that matter) and he mentioned adding Wellbutrin with it to help with that - or switching completely to Wellbutrin. I do not know what to do though, because the Lexapro is working WONDERFULLY for me - except for this orgasm problem I hate to mess around with my meds when this is helping me so much. He also mentioned Cymbalta was a better one with less sexual side affects. Any one tried either of these?

Adam - I asked him about doing the switch over and he said that he tells his patients to go to half strength on both meds for three days, then the fourth day - so full strength with the new one. I understand your concern about the sexual side affects - as that is depressing me too I have got to find a way to over come this, someway!!

Old 04-19-2005, 12:42 PM   #28
    greeneyes100
    Inactive
    (female)

greeneyes100 HB User

Wellbutrin and Lexapro will not make you anxious together, but the Wellbutrin alone will. I think I was taking 150 to 200 of time release Wellbutrin; I can't remember now. But it was a great combo. A lot of doctors use Wellbutrin to augment SSRI's, especially to help with sexual side effects. Just check with your doctor; I'm sure he'll let you try it. IT's very common to combine the two.

I don't take antidepressants anymore, just a benzo to sleep. So far, I haven't had to increase the dosage, so don't think I will get addicted.

Anyway, good luck!!

Old 04-19-2005, 12:47 PM   #29
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Greeneyes, good for you! That's great that you aren't having to take them any longer. I hope to not have to stay on them forever, but if I do- I do!

Old 04-19-2005, 01:13 PM   #30
    adam2000
    Veteran
    (male)

adam2000 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by litthotwm
    Adam - I asked him about doing the switch over and he said that he tells his patients to go to half strength on both meds for three days, then the fourth day - so full strength with the new one. I understand your concern about the sexual side affects - as that is depressing me too I have got to find a way to over come this, someway!!

Ok so I should try doing paxil 1/2 pill for 3 days and lexapro 1/2 a pill for 3 days, then just do the full lex on day 4? That doesnt sound too bad...i guess mixing the two wouldnt hurt? : )

Closed Thread