It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Lexapro is working but I am so tired!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-19-2005, 01:27 PM   #31
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User
    Re: Lexapro is working but I am so tired!

Hey Adam, yep, you got it right - 1/2 of each pill (taken together) for 3 days and on the fourth - one whole Lex. Should ease the transition for you. I don't know what to do about my situation, I guess I will call my doc and see what he says. Thinking seriously about trying the Ginko Biloba to see if it works. It's supposed to have an 85% success rate, and I'm game to try something "natural" first rather than switching meds or combining two!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2005, 02:13 PM   #32
    adam2000
    Veteran
    (male)

adam2000 HB User

Thank you so much for asking. I will have to try that. Maybe ill wait until friday so i have the weekend to rest if i didnt feel good. How long did it take for the lex to work for you? I see people mention a week? In that case i guess it wouldnt make a difference what i did with the paxil haha...I so hope it helps me. Had another attack today and had to take some ativan to calm myself

Thank you so so so so so much!!!

Old 04-19-2005, 02:46 PM   #33
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

You are very welcome, Adam! I actually started feeling better within a couple of days. However, I didn't have extreme anxiety - just an "anxious feeling" all the time. Mine was more depression. The only time I had panic attacks was when I tried to drive on the expressway. I am sorry to hear that you are having so much problem with your anxiety. Have you tried herbal Kava Kava? I take it when I'm really nervous. It acts like a valium - but doesn't zonk you out. Just makes you feel calm. Now I'm leaving to go home from work - and hope the traffic isn't bad! Talk to you later, if you need to "vent" any more

Old 04-19-2005, 02:55 PM   #34
    adam2000
    Veteran
    (male)

adam2000 HB User

I do get that anxious feeling more often than not. I havent gone into a Panic run out of the house or building kind of feeling, but i have gotten jittery. For the longest time i had been on only the 10mg paxil, so i must not be to bad. I have been feeling more depressed lately too, so i think the change should be good. Luckily I keep a few ativan on me. if i feel the anxiety growing, i take a half or even a quarter of a mg, and sadly enough that curbs it from getting worse. The 12.5 CR to 10mg standard did make a big difference in me....sad huh?

Old 04-19-2005, 04:22 PM   #35
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I think I know the feeling you are talking about. I used to feel jittery, and sometimes it seemed like my insides were shaking or crawling (bad huh?). A lot of times I felt very anxious about everything, just "waiting" for something to happen - or not happen. It was a bad feeling, and I can tell you that it is 99% gone away. I only feel slightly anxious at times, and under really heavy stress. I used to nearly make myself sick over mistakes at work and I'd nearly throw up. Now, I can take it and go on. I am really hoping the Lex will do that for you too. Apparently the Paxil is not working for you, so it's smart of you to switch. I couldn't take Ativan - it knocks me out. If I ever take Xanax, it's the lowest strenth. I have some samples of the 12.5 CR here that my husband didn't take. Paxil knocked him out all the time, so they switched him to Prozac. I wish you good luck on the Lexapro, and don't be scared to switch over, it's going to be fine!

Old 04-19-2005, 08:28 PM   #36
    americandancer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

americandancer HB User

Adam...the lexapro worked almost right away for me. I think you will feel it before a week is up...Good luck! ~~~
    Kelly

Old 04-20-2005, 05:28 AM   #37
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kelly, I know it had to be in my "head", but I swear I felt better in a couple of days too. Whether the placebo affect or not - I really did! I believe you stated in an earlier post that you were having the orgasm problems too, didn't you? Well, I am researching that and trying to find to cure. I bought some Ginko Biloba yesterday and am going to give that a try. Keep your fingers crossed, and I will let everyone know if it works!

Old 04-20-2005, 02:32 PM   #38
    americandancer
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

americandancer HB User

Great! Let me know how it works for you! I love the lexapro and can deal with the fatigue, for now, but I am just so hungry all the time! Maybe it's all in my head. I skipped the lex the last few nights, and I am still hungry, so maybe it's not the lex after all.

Old 04-20-2005, 03:22 PM   #39
    worrywort
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

I just started taking lex again and it is bad, I can't sleep. I have constant anxiety. haven't slept in two days. I feel very sick and out of it, I was on it for a long time about 6 months ago and when I started taking it I didn;t have any side effects like this, maybe because i went from prozac to lexapro. I can't do this right now, I have finals and need to finish this semester. I called my doc but he hasn't called back yet. I don't know what to do but I can't go another day without sleep. I can't miss another day of school.
    any advice?
    Carly

Old 04-20-2005, 04:06 PM   #40
    adam2000
    Veteran
    (male)

adam2000 HB User

I still havent done it im so apprehensive about side effects! ugh...i wish i could just get my hand to put the 1/2's in my mouth!!!

Old 04-20-2005, 04:07 PM   #41
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kelly, since you are still hungry, I really don't think it's the lex. I actually take Sudafed every day for my allergies, and it curbs my appetite really well. If you tend to be nervous, that might not work for you though. Also, that would give you more pep!

Carly, are you taking the Lex at night? If so, try it in the a.m. with food. I tried it at night at first and it kept me awake because of nausea. I switched to mornings, and I was fine. Now that I'm used to it I take it at night again and it helps me sleep better and doesn't make me sick any longer. Do you have any anxiety meds like Zanax or something like that? That should help until the lex is back in your system really good. If you don't, then try herbal Kava Kava, it works just as well. It just calms you, without any sedation. I love it!

Old 04-20-2005, 04:08 PM   #42
    adam2000
    Veteran
    (male)

adam2000 HB User

how fatigued do you get? im trying to be more active, play basketball, go out with my friends, i hope im not bedridden

Old 04-20-2005, 04:11 PM   #43
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Adam, just do it! Don't worry about the side affects, it's going to be fine, I am sure. You really do have a problem with anxiety, don't you? I will really be curious to see how the lex works for you - full strength. I am really hoping you have a good experience with it. Now - count to 5 and put those two 1/2 pills in your mouth

Old 04-20-2005, 04:13 PM   #44
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Adam, I wasn't fatigued at all - if anything, more energy. I know several have said they were really tired on it, but I am glad to say that I haven't been that way at all. I don't have time to be tired! Got too much to do every day

Old 04-20-2005, 04:37 PM   #45
    adam2000
    Veteran
    (male)

adam2000 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by litthotwm
    Adam, just do it! Don't worry about the side affects, it's going to be fine, I am sure. You really do have a problem with anxiety, don't you? I will really be curious to see how the lex works for you - full strength. I am really hoping you have a good experience with it. Now - count to 5 and put those two 1/2 pills in your mouth
    Part of my problem is i look into things a little too much. Part of it has to do with the fact that last may, i was at 6 flags, went on a roller coaster for the first time, then two hours later, felt very weak and dizzy. Since then i havent felt right, i have this weird 'off' feeling. So i started thinking "I broke a blood vessel in my head' or something...im so negative. went through summer and felt so so...sometimes i felt off, sometimes i was ok. then in the fall, i left my job for a new better one, with 1000% stress tho! After a couple sinus infections this fall and winter, and a bad case of bronchitis, AND being diagnosed with sleep apnea, for which i use a machine now (for a bout a month and a half), and not seeing my friends as much since theyre working and going to school at night, mix in some relationship issues, i walk around off balance every day, adjusting to a new way to sleep (with a mask) stressed from work and somewhat depressed. That about sums up my year

So everytime i dont feel right, which is most of the time, i think im dying or have some terminal illness. Mind you, ive had blood work at the end of feb, thyroid tests, etc, no infections or anything. BUt im still a nervous wreck, almost as if im sensitive to the most minute change in my body, which causes me to freak

Had to vent again

SO now im nervous about taking more medication, in fear that i will get MORE dizzy, or tired or whatever...its just so hard...

Closed Thread