It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Infertility Message Board

• anyone use Repronex with IUI?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-19-2005, 12:28 PM   #1
    Michele B

Michele B HB User
    anyone use Repronex with IUI?

Hi. Has anyone used Repronex with their IUIs? We're about to do our first IUI w/ Repronex next month and I'm scared to take it cuz of the side effects!
    (I had bad pelvic cramping with Clomid.) Anyone who has been on this drug, can you please tell me what you experienced on it? What dose were you on, how many shots a day for how many days, how many follicles produced and any pelvic cramping? Were your vaginal ultrasounds uncomfortable or the actual insemination procedure? Thanks so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2005, 08:06 AM   #2
    cmbrown0201
    (female)

cmbrown0201 HB User
    Smile Re: anyone use Repronex with IUI?

Michelle,

I waiting to start my shots for our first IUI on Wed. this week. I can't help you with the Repronex, as I will be using Gonal-F. But I did want to wish you lots of luck and hopefully minimal side effects from the drugs. Let the fun begin...

Connie

Last edited by cmbrown0201; 03-21-2005 at 08:06 AM.

Old 04-24-2005, 02:28 PM   #3
    curlysue822
    (female)

curlysue822 HB User
    Wink Re: anyone use Repronex with IUI?

Hi there
    I am currently in my 1st IVF cycle with Repronex (along with Lupron and Gonal-F). My first days of the Repronex we used 2 vials, then moved on to 3, after an ultrasound and blood work showed I had a low FSH and needed more help making more eggs. Just this past Friday, I was moved up to 4 vials and I go back Monday. (We will be having our "harvest" on Wed and Thurs. and the Repronex is supposed to stimulate my follicles, hopefully creating more eggs. I was actually here looking for "side effects" of Repronex, because I feel like a walking zombie! Though it is all very emotional, I do feel extra tired from all the meds, though I can't pinpoint it directly to the Repronex. We did 3 IUI's and used Repronex with my current Dr., but with no luck. My prev Dr. used only Clomid and we tried 6 IUI's with him. Also, no luck there. Each Dr. did 2 IUI's p/cycle. (Clomid was hell for me...though I know it is okay for others) That becomes the problem...we all react differently to the multitude of meds. Did any of this help?? I am new to this...actually this is my first message board. Let me know if I can help any further..I am no expert, but after 2 years of trying (and 2.5 years with my ex in the 90's) I feel pretty confident in my own experience. The best of luck to you.

Old 04-24-2005, 02:31 PM   #4
    curlysue822
    (female)

curlysue822 HB User
    Re: anyone use Repronex with IUI?

Almost forgot....the vaginal ultrasounds truly are "okay", well atleast for me. My Dr. puts lots of jelly on it and in it goes! No bother here, esp. when he shoes me on the little TV both sides of my ovaries, my follicles, etc... As for the actual IUI...this is also "okay"...with the exception of the speculum, which just basically sucks, but we are all use to, yes?
    The best of luck to us all

Old 04-29-2005, 02:13 PM   #5
    amy12345

amy12345 HB User

I did three cycles of Repronex with IUI and have a little boy who will turn 3 soon. Since it's been a while, I don't remember dose amounts but I remember I did have some moderate overstimulation during one cycle. I went to the dr., he confirmed it was overstimulation and they backed off the meds a little bit. But the cycle wasn't ruined, just scaled back on Repronex. My symptoms for the hyperstimulation were shortness of breath (very noticeable to dh too, and very scary), my stomach was sticking out like I was 5 months pg and I felt full, like I just had a meal. I was really worried but the doctor was reassuring and they can correct this quickly.

I really don't remember any side effects from the Repronex itself and I got used to giving myself shots (including the trigger shot at the end, dh was too scared to do it).

I am getting myself ready emotionally and mentally to do this again. It was a lot of work, doctors appts, and emotional ups and downs, but of course, worth every bit of it!

Good luck to you - keep us posted and I hope this IUI brings you a baby!!!!

Old 05-19-2005, 08:24 PM   #6
    karenn
    (female)

karenn HB User

I concieved the first month on Repronex, my son is now 2.5 and such a blessing. I was scheduled for IUI,but the last ultra sound showed my eggs had "dissapeared" and they canceled the procedure (there was 3 on prior ultra sounds) so I did not experience the IUI. I did pray a lot that month and was pregnant the end of that month... Drugs and prayer seemed to be my winning combination. I did have a cyct on one ovary with some discomfort, but that was about it. May you be blessed this month.

Old 06-06-2005, 05:05 PM   #7
    krystal288
    (female)

krystal288 HB User
    Wink anyone use Repronex with IUI?

Hi, I am writing this regarding Repronex with IUI. I went through 3 IUI's with first time 50 mgs of clomids for 5 to 9 days. The last two was on 100 mgs of clomids for 3 to 5 days. I want to know what are the chance on Repronex with IUI. Is it much more powerful than clomides itself? How much does Repronex usually cost? I am very new at injectibles. If anyone know how much it cost and how much injectibles will be used. Just estimation and also I want to note that my left side fallopian tube was blocked and my cervix tightness is another issue. Do you think Repronex will be better option for me? If anyone of you know any information, please respond back soon. Thanks and god bless you all.

Sincerely,

Krystal

Old 06-13-2005, 03:44 PM   #8
    AGemini
    (female)

AGemini HB User

Hi,
    I am going through my first IVF cycle right now. I started Lupron last Thursday and Repronex and Gonal F last Friday. So far I have no side effects from Repronex or Gonal F except for my thigh and tummy where I take the shots. The Gonal F and Repronex seem to make my thigh and stomach very sore, but so far no other side effects.

Closed Thread