It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• It's not Addison's....It's Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-23-2005, 10:39 AM   #31
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User
    Re: It's not Addison's....It's Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)

Just checked my email and it seems that there is a slight improvement in the pericarditis my brother has but not what they had hoped. They are putting him on prednisone hoping that it will resolve some.....if not by next week they intend on moving one of the internal leads of the pacemaker which they feel has caused irritation to the heart....they want to leave that as a last resort. My brother is fed up with the pain and limitations this is putting on his life.

Heartland....thanks for the prayers....I can feel them all the way in Cancun.....between my brother and my back feeling good. Thereīs some overcast so I am treating myself to some cybertime while Tom is out trying to catch a sailfish I will join him next time.....heīs checking it out to see if I can take the rockiness of the boat out at sea....Weīre having a great time...youngest daughter won the limbo contest last night Wish I could say I could do the same .....Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 04-23-2005 at 10:40 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2005, 11:49 AM   #32
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Sounds like your having a great time!!! I'm thankful that your brother is showing even slight improvement since he was going the other way just before you left. I'll keep sayin' 'em for you two. I caught your post midway through sweating in shutoff valves for the pet project. I do pretty nice work... maybe I should become a plumber!

Old 04-23-2005, 02:23 PM   #33
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Thanks, Heartland.....wow a plumber and a man of many talents I gather the custom vanity has arrived......Mrs. H must be smiling just waiting for it to be installed!!!

Yes....so far everything has worked out for a terrific vacation. Thank goodness my brother is holding his own....knowing I can check my email is of great comfort. I finished a book and am halfway through another (no not Ellis, my friend ) and as I was relaxing I got a pleasant aroma of a wonderful pipe......are you sure youīre not here in Cancun??? I know.....you did mention that you gave it up a while back but I couldnīt help thinking about you.....I even shouted out "Heartland???" but I only got a funny look from the people around me.

Tonite is karaoke night & Goody is thinking of belting out a tune. What should it be???? My 13 year old will probABLY TAKE THE STAGE AND WIN ANOTHER T-SHIRT And she wonīt share the stage with me, thatīs for sure. Who knows....maybe Iīll win a t-shirt

Making some friends here as I relax....one couple is on their honeymoon and weīve been drinking some tequila together....medicinal purposes

Well, good luck with the pet project......and donīt install the piping backwards....we want the hot coming out of the right faucet Okay....I know you already have a wife to direct you.....hehehehehehe .....Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 04-23-2005 at 02:25 PM.

Old 04-23-2005, 03:28 PM   #34
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by goody2shuz
    we want the hot coming out of the right faucet
    Goody, I want the hot water coming out of the LEFT faucet. (Was that your meds talking? ) BTW, the pipes I'm working with now don't give off a pleasant aroma.

Songs for tonight? I suggest a Bette Midler song. Of course, you could do the Wind Beneath My Wings or the one of hers I like the best... The Rose. I hope you beat out your younger daughter for first place tonight and show her that Nobody Does It Better than folks like us.

Old 04-25-2005, 10:39 AM   #35
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

No big news on my brother.....hopefully the prednisone is doing itīs job.

Heartland....youīre sense of humor is always intact.....of course I meant the left and believe it or not I am use to the meds now...feel as if they donīt even affect me in a bad way anymore...must be the vacation and relaxing effects

Tom caught a 89 inch sailfish and 4 ft barracuda Heīs a happy man to say the least.

Goody chickened out on the karaoke....turned out the first singer was rather professional and no matter how good I may think I am I couldnīt hold a candle to him.....my daughter wasnīt intimidated & held her own. But I have been listening to "Wind Beneath my Wings" on my Kīs ipod that she prerecorded for me along with some caribbean tunes. I did win at BINGO last night....a bottle of tequilla for Goody & a T-shirt for Tom Goody won the biggest prize....not bad for this lucky gal

Well....the time is winding down....it goes too fast but it was just what I needed. Missing you and all here......Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 04-25-2005 at 10:41 AM.

Old 04-25-2005, 03:37 PM   #36
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

If your brother is improving or stable now, I would hope that means your vacation will be worry free. I think you've said that you don’t care for Tom to mount his trophy catches for display in your home... so what will he do with them?

With 5 shutoffs installed, the pet project is a completely empty room and minus some drywall. It will start looking better soon.

Last edited by heartlandguy; 05-10-2005 at 10:47 AM.

Old 04-26-2005, 08:42 AM   #37
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by heartlandguy
    If your brother is improving or stable now, I would hope that means your vacation will be worry free. I think you've said that you don’t care for Tom to mount his trophy catches for display in your home... so what will he do with them?
    You should know that Goody is always open to compromise. The deer is not debatable however since we both have a love of the water the sailfish is measured with a photo takent & may look good in our summerhome.....so it may be a good memory ewpecially if it is not the "reel" thing Thank God we are not big fish eaters...that makes Tom a catch & release man

Quote:
    With 5 shutoffs installed, the pet project is a completely empty room and minus some drywall. It will start looking better soon.
    Yipee...Mrs. H must be jumping for joy

Plan on checking my email...hoping some good news regarding my brother is there....this would be day #7 on prednisone so I would hope he has some positive change.

Tom took the girls horseback riding....Iīm soaking up the sun and getting ready for "happy hour". Miguel knows me well and is there for my order right at the start time K. is making friends with alot of the Mexican males Sheīs determined to have a guy in every country Whatīs a mother to do .....Goody

PS- Just checked my email....my brother is back in the hospital....they plan on removing one of the leads of the pacemaker that is irritating his heart to a different location I believe tomorrow. Will keep you posted....Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 05-10-2005 at 10:49 AM.

Old 04-26-2005, 09:31 AM   #38
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by goody2shuz
    Just checked my email....my brother is back in the hospital....they plan on removing one of the leads of the pacemaker that is irritating his heart to a different location I believe tomorrow. Will keep you posted.
    I'm assuming this is less serious than when they installed the pacemaker... right? Is this process considered something major or is it fine-tuning as he improves?

Quote:
    Mrs. H must be jumping for joy
    Life has been very pleasant the last few days...

Quote:
    K. is making friends with alot of the Mexican males Sheīs determined to have a guy in every country Whatīs a mother to do
    I'd expect nothing less from the daughter of an "Ivory Girl". Be glad the younger daughter isn't doing the same thing and making you ask for doubles during happy hour. Maybe "Home, Sweet Home" rings a bell? Sip slowly....................

Old 04-26-2005, 01:55 PM   #39
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Quote:
    I'm assuming this is less serious than when they installed the pacemaker... right? Is this process considered something major or is it fine-tuning as he improves?
    Pretty much a fine tuning....they feel they punctured the lining of his heart with the insertion of the lead and that is why it must be moved. He goes in midday tomorrow....just wish he would feel better is all.

Quote:
    I'd expect nothing less from the daughter of an "Ivory Girl". Be glad the younger daughter isn't doing the same thing and making you ask for doubles during happy hour. Maybe "Home, Sweet Home" rings a bell? Sip slowly....................
    Tom & joined in on a "How to make a cocktail class".....I drank 5 samples and almost sank to the bottom of the pool Was great fun....K. & her sister are the activity directorīs assistants....they should be getting paid but the workers here only make $100 a week so they are donating their services ( the workers are cute and that is benefit enough ) Meeting alot of northeasterners and Canadians.....and Tom is saying next time we must come for a month.....it is nice But Goody does miss home....aka Dorothy...."thereīs no place like home"

Will know more about my brother on Thursday......Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 04-26-2005 at 02:00 PM.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:15 AM   #40
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Phew....boy was it a rough night for this gal....I woke up at 3am with horrible thoughts and such a strong feeling that something went very wrong with my brother...barely slept after that. Came here to check my email and was glad to get an update from my SIL that they resituated the lead on my brotherīs heart and that he is doing ok but still in some pain which the doctors say is to be expected. He will be discharged home sometime today.

We are spending our last full day here in Cancun.....itīs beautiful and just soaking up the last of the beautiful sun....tonite itīs a Mexican fiesta with a party and entertainment....what a way to end a wonderful & well needed vacation.

Lisa- I hope all is going well with you....give us an update when you can. You are in my thoughts & prayers.

Heartland-canīt wait to catch up with you & all here on the boards.....I hope you still remember me I really have missed my time spent with my friends here.....metaphysical & all. The vacation was well needed and really was therapeutic in many ways for Goody Hope your vanity is installed soon.....has it come in yet???? (Arenīt you proud of Goody.....I managed to find the question marks afterall ) Have also had a wonderful time using my Spanish here.....adios mi amigo especial.....Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 04-28-2005 at 10:21 AM.

Old 04-28-2005, 12:00 PM   #41
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Still remember you?!? How could I forget you, Gooey? I'm so glad the news about your brother is good. Hopefully, he'll stay discharged for a longer amount of time. Do you plan to visit him soon?

The remodeling is very much like Cancun. It's hot and the work is a beach. The new shower is much bigger so it presents the biggest problem. I suspect that the "throne" will have to be relocated a bit to provide enough elbow room. By comparison, the vanity (yes, it came in) should be a breeze to install.

Okay, okay... I'll admit I missed you. My Rx for "Goody" says to take two postings daily but I've been lucky to get one dose every other day. I think it's made me irregular. Will I need a resection?

Welcome back home, tomorrow! -Heartland

Old 04-28-2005, 02:17 PM   #42
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Quote:
    Still remember you?!? How could I forget you, Goody? I'm so glad the news about your brother is good. Hopefully, he'll stay discharged for a longer amount of time. Do you plan to visit him soon?
    I will put visiting him on the top of my list.....heīs in Delaware & the kids just missed a week of school......but even if I go solo I plan on doing so....I go see my doctor on May 2nd for physical & followup on back....so I will see what he says.

Quote:
    The remodeling is very much like Cancun. It's hot and the work is a beach. The new shower is much bigger so it presents the biggest problem. I suspect that the "throne" will have to be relocated a bit to provide enough elbow room. By comparison, the vanity (yes, it came in) should be a breeze to install.
    Iīm sure itīll all work out "perfectly" knowing how you want this project to go.

[QUOTE=heartlandguy]Okay, okay... I'll admit I missed you. My Rx for "Goody" says to take two postings daily but I've been lucky to get one dose every other day. I think it's made me irregular. Will I need a resection? QUOTE] Hehehehehehehe Didnīt realize that you would have withdrawal symptoms, my friend Do you have the shakes???? I have neglected my resection thread....others have been filling in for Goody but I do need to post for someone prepping for her surgery tomorrow....otherwise I wouldnīt be being Goody You donīt need a resection to get any attention from this friend

Quote:
    Welcome back home, tomorrow! -Heartland
    Thanks.....I will post when I get back....will be in pretty late tomorrow but perhaps Nebraska time you will still be around.....Goody

Old 05-02-2005, 02:34 PM   #43
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Hey Heartland I appreciate your asking for an update on my brother. Of course he is the first person I called when I got home (besides my mom of course) He is doing okay but did sound out of breath on the phone. He says that he feels a tremendous amount of pressure in his chest upon standing & is trying to get himself off the morphine for pain. He expressed his depressed state of having to be incapacitated for over a month now and I told him that I certainly understood that more than he thought since I have been going through something similar and told him that things would get better eventually and that for now he had to focus on keeping the stress levels down and working with the doctors in adjusting the meds in order to get him to a good quality of living. He's alot like his sister in terms of having difficulty being dependent on others and wanting to be active in life.....even more than me. So you can only imagine how difficult this must be for him. He's the one who plans on putting on that extension. He wants it done yesterday.

My mom answered the phone crying...she said that it was a really scarey week, at the communion she said she was afraid he wouldn't make it through the week the way he looked & then he came down with a raging fever.....my SIL avoided telling me the entire truth so as not to ruin my vacation but my mom said that the day before my return he took a turn for the better once they resituated the intermal lead of the pacemaker on his heart. So......for now things look okay.....I only hope he continues to improve.

Thanks for your continued prayers and concern. As usual you're a terrific friend who continues to hold my hand through the dark moments....thanks for that.....Goody

Old 05-04-2005, 10:21 AM   #44
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Heartland ~ Spoke to my brother this afternion after playing phine tag most of yesterday. He is doing much better...off the pain meds and steroids and will start back to work half days next week. He says that he is back to activities of daily living and is doing well but experiencing some pressure in his chest that the doctor says will resolve in time. He sees the doctor tomorrow for a followup. He is putting the extension on hold until the fall & is planning on putting in a hottub and some decking and doing some interior renovations that can be done over the summer. He is planning a trip to Long Island for Father's Day.....he takes the family camoing everyyear not too far from our summerhome & we will get together as we do each year. We go to the Riverhead raceway to watch the car races....and always end up having a blast. So....we will get to see each other soon, thank God. I really miss my brothers alot.....I use to see this one often when he drove once a month to get his daughter but now he's been flying her since she is almost 13. And with the gas prices it actually ends up being cheaper.

So.....it looks like things are looking up in terms of everyone's health lately. Goody couldn't be happier. Thanks for your prayers......Goody

Old 05-04-2005, 11:38 AM   #45
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

That is really good news about your brother compared to your last report. I know that really makes your day brighter.

I've noticed that praying for each other seems more effective than praying for one's self. Have you ever heard any thoughts on that?

Closed Thread