It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• miscarage and Depo?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-04-2005, 02:59 PM   #1
    DannyLea
    (female)

DannyLea HB User
    miscarage and Depo?

i have a question that is sort of irelevant now but it would really help to know. I am on Depo and when I was about a month and a half through my first shot I went camping during camping my period started and is was real heavy off and on, I also got really sick and couldn't keep anything down, this lasted for about two days then I went home and got in the shower when I got in the shower a piece of skin tissue came out and it was all bloody but the shower wiped it off then it was really white or cream color, it had what looked like three bubbles in a row at the end, the whole thing was about the size of a 50 cent piece, I continued to bleed for about another week then stopped, I was also taking Zithromax at this time and started a few days before I left. My boyfriend and I have been having sex since I was on the Depo for one week with no back up. My question is could this have been a miscarage, any imput would help thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2005, 04:24 PM   #2
    Daisies4monkeys
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Daisies4monkeys HB User
    Re: miscarage and Depo?

The only way to know for sure would be to see a doctor. It might be possible for them to tell by examining you whether you were in fact pregnant. It could have just been a heavy period, however, and the glob a glob of uterine tissue.

Depo isn't 100% effective, but it is over 99% effective, so if you'd been on it a week (or if you started the first day of your period) the chance of you getting pregnant would have been very small.

ETA: Just reread your post and it looks like you were on Depo a week before you started having sex. In that case pregnancy would be VERY rare. But the only way to know for sure woudl be to go to the doctor, so they could check for signs of a recent pregnancy.

Last edited by Daisies4monkeys; 05-04-2005 at 04:26 PM.

Old 05-04-2005, 04:53 PM   #3
    ASDGRMama
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ASDGRMama HB User

Typically, a miscarriage will cause quite a bit of moderate to severe cramping. You didn't mention if you had any.

If this occured less than two weeks ago you may be able to have an HCG test done. Your doctor should be willing to order this for you.

By what you described it's really difficult to tell. The defining feature of a miscarriage is typically the cramping (although it may be mistaken for menstrual cramps if you're used to severe cramps).

I wish I could help more.

Love and Prayers, Kelly

Old 05-07-2005, 06:59 PM   #4
    DannyLea
    (female)

DannyLea HB User

Well I did have alot of heavy cramping, which I normally never have and I thought it was just the Depo messing with me anyway I am going to the doctors on Mon. hopefully she can help, thanks!

Old 05-07-2005, 07:16 PM   #5
    mommaboyz
    Inactive

mommaboyz HB User

Im not sure about a mc but I was on depo before and I now have a 2.5 year old son from it so I dont buy its 99 % effective. I had already been on it a few months and did it perfectly right with no mess ups. So its poss.

Closed Thread