It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Dr. Jelks (NY) or Dr Codner (GA) ??? Low Bleph

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-13-2003, 11:32 AM   #1
    Caro_liz

Caro_liz HB User
    Red face Dr. Jelks (NY) or Dr Codner (GA) ??? Low Bleph

Please!!!! I need help from everybody!!! I need to make a decision, I'm between choosing Dr. Glenn Jelks or Dr. Mark Codner, the problem is that I had a blepharoplasty, but the surgeon left my lower eyelids pull down, with a sad expression and a had a horrible scar on the edge of the eyelid, a mess!! so I need to find someone really really good at it to fix what this stupid doctor did, the problem is that I dont live in US, so I have to schedule my surgery before I get to know the doctor, thats why I really need your advice, Thank you all!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2003, 10:15 AM   #2
    Monkee

Monkee HB User
    I've heard some bad things about Jelks, and good about Codner. Just what I've heard from reading these boards for the bast two years.

Old 03-21-2003, 04:14 PM   #3
    vivita11
    Inactive

vivita11 HB User
    Hi, I think I can help you. I have been to Dr. Codner's office although I did not have surgery with him. The team at Paces Plastic Surgery in Atlanta is great. I live in Miami, and I have flown there many times. I had a cheek lift with Dr. Hester of the same office. I was happy with the procedure except for the fact that my lower eyelids did not heal properly on both eyes. Dr. Hester attempted a few revisions until he suggested his associate Clinton McCord, MD of the same office. He is awesome. I am extremely happy, and trust me...I've been through a lot with the drooping lower eyelid thing. You must, however, make it super clear regarding what you hope for. Good Luck.

Old 03-22-2003, 03:35 PM   #4
    miss acne

miss acne HB User
    Did Dr. McCord finally fix your problem with the droopy eyelids. I have a friend thats got the same problem with droopy eyelids, Can you tell me more about it or is that all you know? thanks for any info you have.

Old 03-25-2003, 03:47 AM   #5
    miss acne

miss acne HB User
    vivita11, did they ever tell you why you had the droopy eyelid problem in the first place.please reply

Old 04-01-2003, 03:50 PM   #6
    Tina2

Tina2 HB User
    Hi, I have been to see Dr. Hester, McCord and Codnor at Paces Atlanta.

I last saw Dr. Codnor 6 months ago for reconstructive eye surgery and mid-face lift.

I have not had surgery yet but possibly later this year.

The droopy eyelids can be caused by removing too much skin and muscle and scar tissue forming. It is possible that you will need a 'spacer' a sort of scaffolding for the middle lamella. Dr. Codnor normally uses alloderm of ear cartiledge.

I would suggest that you check out all plastic surgery reference books before booking any surgery so you know what it is you have wrong with you and the best way of trying to correct it.

Although I do have confidence in Dr. Codnor I have recently heard a few negative comments about him as well as Jelks. My friend had surgery with Codnor and was pleased. She also visited Jelks in NY and didn't like the set up. You have to make up your own mind, but don't rush into anything.

Norman Shaw is also supposed to be an excellent oculoplastic surgeon as well as Mr. Richard Collin in Harley Street, London.

------------------

Old 04-08-2003, 02:43 PM   #7
    Linda K

Linda K HB User
    I will be undergoing an upperlid crease revision in June of this year. Dr. Mark Codner will be performing my surgery.

Old 04-17-2003, 02:28 PM   #8
    lucyw

lucyw HB User
    You should check into Dr. John Seibert. I have seen his work and it is EXCELLENT. He just did a 3rd rhino for me, but really is very good at lifts and eyes.

Old 04-17-2003, 04:33 PM   #9
    jersey121

jersey121 HB User
    What happened that you need a upper crease revision?
    Please explain....................

Old 08-23-2003, 08:52 AM   #10
    ysuley

ysuley HB User
    Hi Linda K,

I just found your message and was woundering if you already done upper bleph crease revision. I just had my upper bleph done and not sure if I like the crease - little low. Please let me know what happened.

[This message has been edited by ysuley (edited 08-23-2003).]

Old 09-13-2003, 06:06 PM   #11
    rdt
    (female)

rdt HB User
    DO NOT USE DR. JELKS. I had eye surgery 9 years ago with him nd he did a very poor job..i have uneven eyelids and one is double. he didn't listen to me before and wasn't interested in correcting the results..

Old 09-29-2003, 02:48 PM   #12
    kendoll

kendoll HB User
    Thumbs up

I a 36 year old guy working as a journalist on New York television.

I had a laser lower bleph done 8 years ago in Los Angeles by Dr. Abergel, who did an amazing job. I was back at work in 2 days!

After 8 years, I saw a good deal of bulge at the outer corners of my upper and lower lids, and carefully researched my options in surgery and surgeons here in the NYC area.

Many of my colleagues recommended a number of surgeons, and the short list included many of the doctors mentioned on this board.

After 3 consultations, and checking over the list of the best doctors offered by New York Magazine, I chose Dr, Glenn Jelks for my surgery, as he is cross trained as an eye surgeon and has a sterling reputation for his cosmetic procedures.

The office staff, which includes Dr. Jelks' wife, an accomplished surgeon in her own right, were informative and incredibly "human". I saw the Doctor and explained my concerns about this type of surgery resulting in eyes that look too feminine; my example was Michael Douglas. Dr. Jelks explained my options and said my expectations were realistic and we could expect good results. We booked surgery for the following week.

The surgery went so smoothly, the sedation was wonderful with no after effects, and the after care included 2 types of alternative healing meds that seem to be working very well to speed my recovery.

It has be 4 days since the surgery, and i will have sutures removed in two days. Although the lids are still swollen and my skin is bruised a bright lemon yellow mixed with purple, the result looks quite amazing.

I am pleased by the care, the wisdom, and the skill Dr. Jelks and his team have shown me throughout this process, and would highly recommend him to anyone needing "camera perfect" results.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:24 PM   #13
    geox
    (male)

geox HB User
    Re: Dr. Jelks (NY) or Dr Codner (GA) ??? Low Bleph

From personal experience, I would stay away from Jelks.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:36 AM   #14
    jrjake
    (female)

jrjake HB User

What was your experience??

Old 06-26-2006, 10:27 PM   #15
    Ellnyc
    (female)

Ellnyc HB User

Hi jrjake,
    I'm not sure why, but Geox has mentioned this before without responding to requests for him to please elaborate. I would also love to know what his experience with Dr. Jelks was and why he feels that way. Geox??
    El

Last edited by Ellnyc; 06-26-2006 at 10:31 PM.

Closed Thread