It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board

• "Beating Lyme Disease with Alternative Medicine and God-Designed Living"

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-09-2005, 09:33 AM   #1
    gottagetbetter
    Veteran
    (female)

gottagetbetter HB User
    "Beating Lyme Disease with Alternative Medicine and God-Designed Living"

ALL,

Everything I am finding in this book is right on the money.

I told you all that I have been craving green olives(eating in the store b4 we leave). Well I did the iodine test in the book and sure enough the spot I put on was gone in a few hours. Applied the second night and my body is just eating it up.

Dr Jernigan states that most people who have lyme are iodine deficient. This is a huge roll with adrenal funtion. Which makes total sense since I got back my hormone panel and the adrenals are totally whacked out. Dr C perscribed 5 different hormones..2 of which are injections (still researching before I do anything).

Will be trying the mustard/pepper foot baths today. He says you can pull a huge amount of toxins that way.

I truly believe this DR is on to something. I whole heartedly believe in his statement about toxins. He states, "lyme patients CAN NOT afford to feel worse then what they do".

You might not agree with everything in this book but it is full of get resources for our healing journey.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2005, 11:16 AM   #2
    laurie864bla
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

laurie864bla HB User
    Re: "Beating Lyme Disease with Alternative Medicine and God-Designed Living"

Great news!! ....Now, if I can just get my mind off the picture of your foot in a hotdog bun!!!!!!

Let us kow how it goes, and good luck!!--L

Old 05-09-2005, 04:54 PM   #3
    ncgirl88
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ncgirl88 HB User

Hi GottaGetBetter -

I was craving a lot of salt too in all kinds of foods. I do believe I did have an iodine deficiency at one point.

I am glad you are finding the book so good.

I do believe DETOX is a BIG key to getting well with this stuff. The two people that I have met that are completely well were big into detox...well actually one went through numerous protocols of detox that were guided by an integrative center...the other is a bicyclist and avid athlete - he got back to exercise as soon as he can and I believe that served as his detox...

Take care and keep us posted...

NCgirl88

Old 05-09-2005, 05:24 PM   #4
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gottagetbetter
    ALL,

Everything I am finding in this book is right on the money.

I told you all that I have been craving green olives(eating in the store b4 we leave). Well I did the iodine test in the book and sure enough the spot I put on was gone in a few hours. Applied the second night and my body is just eating it up.

Dr Jernigan states that most people who have lyme are iodine deficient. This is a huge roll with adrenal funtion. Which makes total sense since I got back my hormone panel and the adrenals are totally whacked out. Dr C perscribed 5 different hormones..2 of which are injections (still researching before I do anything).

Will be trying the mustard/pepper foot baths today. He says you can pull a huge amount of toxins that way.

I truly believe this DR is on to something. I whole heartedly believe in his statement about toxins. He states, "lyme patients CAN NOT afford to feel worse then what they do".

You might not agree with everything in this book but it is full of get resources for our healing journey.
    Hey gottagetbetter,

I looked up the book on Barnes & Noble website today and they don't have any new books just a used one and it was $42. Wow, it must be good. Did you ever post what the mix was for the 2 detox baths you talked about? I would sure love to have it. I am sending dorkdad 4 days worth of temps tomorrow that I have kept so he can tell me what the book says. It should be interesting. Hope you continue to do well.
    betterdaysforme

Old 05-09-2005, 07:48 PM   #5
    dorkdad
    (male)

dorkdad HB User

GGB (I'm a 2 fingered typist),
    My wife and I have tried the dry mustard / cayenne foot baths for 2 evenings now. We had a choice of cayenne from the bulk section of a local store. I picked the hottest cayenne (hotter is better, right). Little did we realize how it would make our feet burn. I could only last 15 minutes, not the minimum 20. Both our feet felt "sunburned" all evening, especially those toes that had any fungus or athletes foot. We were amused to be sitting across from each other with our feet in separate foot baths oohing and aaahing over the intensity. Tonight we used regular cayenne that had been sitting in the cupboard a while, much more acceptable. We'll keep this up through the week. Even if the baths don't do anything, the laughter has been most pleasant. I also do the alternating hot / cold foot baths daily as they are helpfull keeping my plantar fascia heel pain under control.
    There is soooooo much to cover from this book---glad you started the discussion. Our naturopath said some of her patients would not buy the book because of the reference to God in the title. People are so interesting don't you think?

BDFM--Can you post your temperature info here since that topic derives from the book?

DD

Old 05-11-2005, 06:28 AM   #6
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear dorkdad,

Okay here goes. I did my temp every few hours for four days and only forgot one time when my kids were here for mother's day. I'm surprised I remembered all the time. Before I list them I have to tell you that the Saturday reading was my last day for taking the colloidal silver. I didn't know if that would impact the results. I'm not sure what this will tell you because to me it's all over the board. By the way what are the combos for the foot baths you are doing? I can't believe I was talking to a friend about the mustard a few days before gottagetbetter posted that.

9:00 12:00 3:00 6:00 9:00

sat. 96.9 96.9 97.7 97.0 97.5

sun. 98.2 97.9 98.2 forgot 96.8

mon. 97.5 97.8 98.1 98.0 98.2

tues. 97.3 97.8 97.8 97.6 98.1

Just like I said, this to me is all over the place. I went to the homeopathic yesterday and I start the saventaro today. At first he said to take 2 pills 2x a day and the directions say 1 pill 3x a day. Then he said to go ahead and follow directions to make sure I won't have a reaction to it (which he says I won't) then we will up it in a few days. He just knows how cautious I am. He said he wanted to double it because I'm not just taking it as a supplement but to fight something. Sounds reasonable. The pack said 1 pill 3x a day and then drop back to 1 pill a day but I know he will keep me on 2 pills 3x a day as long as there isn't a problem. He also said the colloidal silver still appeared to be working so who knows maybe on a monthly basis he will switch to confuse the lyme.
    I don't know right now, I'll just have to wait and see. Of course there is always the chance that he will give me both like some of the combos that other people are taking. What ever works. I agree with you about people shying away from the book because it mentions God. That's crazy but some people are like that even if they are believers. Go figure! Hope you are doing well and love the thread about sunburned feet, I guess bigger is not always better. You also mentioned the hot and cold foot baths and switching them, was that in the book too? I may just call the library and see if they have the book. Look forward to hearing if any of these temps make sense. Thanks again for your help.
    betterdaysforme

Old 05-11-2005, 08:32 PM   #7
    dorkdad
    (male)

dorkdad HB User

Dear BDFM,
    Sorry the book is so expensive. I asked my wife to pick one up from our Naturopath not realizing the cost or I might have passed myself. Glad she bought it! Dr Jernigan devotes 31 pages of his 407 page book to chapters covering body temperature issues. He says he has noticed that chronic Lyme sufferers ( and other degenerative diseases) commonly exhibit low body temperature, or at least a very unregulated distribution of body temperature. This results in a happy home for viruses and chronic infections and is a sign of degeneration and gradual cell death. He states that a colder body leads to thicker fluids. For example, lymph fluids that are supposed to bath the outside of all our cells become progressively stagnent and less efficient. He elaborates on how the body becomes a toxic waste dump due to thickened fluids.

Related to your body temperature, I would not venture a guess as to what it means. Maybe this will help you interpret. Jernigan states that most human physiology books refer to the "normal" core body temperature as 97.0 to 99.0 F. His beleif is that optimal core body temperature should range between 98.6 and 99.6 F. When I started taking mine with a new digital thermometer, I thought the readings couldn't be right. He suggests taking your temperature first thing in the morning even before getting out of bed----this reflects your core body temperature. Some doctors may (mistakenly he says) tell you to take thyroid medication to get the temperature up. The body's warmest temperatures tend to be in the evening between 8-10, so take the evening temperature after having rested 1/2 an hour. In a healthy person there is an increase from morning to night of at least 0.9 F. Sometimes dysfunctional people will find the evening temperature lower.
    Jernigan states we are dying in direct proportion to the coldness of our body. Follow this logic: Cells die in proportion to the depletion of oxygen. Blood that is over cooled (even one degree) is too thick to efficiently carry oxygen and the lung vital capacity is reduced leading to shallow breathing. This means that the oxygen to carbon dioxide exchange rate in the lungs is minimal. Now combine the degenerative effects of the oxygen deprivation and the cold temperature and the fact that all of this and the overgrowth of microbes promote an acidic environment and you have greatly accelerated degeneration = onset of life threatening disease.

So this confirms what we already know? What to do with it?
    Tell me what you think so far before I ramble on.

My wife had some muscle testing done to try frequency matching some products she will take for a week. The practitioner's hocus pocus not only matches products but identifies amounts and time of day for consumption. Interesting that Samento was included but only one drop each morning. We shall see.

Foot bathes:
    In a basin of warm water add 1 T dry mustard and 1 tsp cayenne. Soak 20-30 minutes. Supposed to stimulate the warmth organization of the body.
    The contrast bathes are just 2 basins of water (hot and cold to your liking). I alternate 60 to 90 seconds in each ending with cold so that my feet have to warm up on their own. You can expect tingling when you go from the hot to cold. I soak 3 to 4 times in each tub (less than 10 minutes). You can add ingredients to the water if you want.

More really interesting stuff from the book and other experiences to share but enough for now. Keep me posted on the Saventaro.

DD

Old 05-12-2005, 06:22 AM   #8
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear dorkdad,

I think I fall into the pattern you talk about except for the last day that I took the CS. It's funny you mention the acidic take on it because after reading that if you have a alkaline body that even cancer can't exist in you we actively started trying to raise our alkalinity. We bought the test strips (actually a roll and you tear off small sections) to keep an eye on it.

My homeopathic gave me some green food capsules and when I test it really does help. I think it is hard to maintain a 24 hour a day good range though but mine has come up considerably.

When my husband first started taking them he insisted after the first one that his feet felt warm and they had been cold all day. I thought he was kind of crazy after just one pill but he doesn't have my problems and has great metabolism.

He's 65 and not in as good a shape as years ago but does golf and he should weigh 500 lbs because he is always eating or as I call it "foraging". But the theory that the alkalinity keeps your temp warmer plays into this scenario.

Maybe that's why the few people on here who are doing the veggie thing are getting better. Seems so complicated but really so easy. If you think about it we are living longer but there are so many diseases out there that weren't there when we were kids. Maybe because we did eat better back then. Food for thought, huh?

I'm sure you will test all the stuff that Jernigan offers so pass it along and I'll do it with you and we can compare notes. I hope the new approach for your wife helps. I think we are all just a little different and so need our own little querks to get better.

The accupuncture doctor I went to last year thought my circulation was affected and this was before it was decided that I had lyme. She told me to soak my feet in hot water up past my ankles a few times a day. It is so interesting to me that all of the natural type doctors I have seen were right on the money before we even knew what we were dealing with.

I sure wish Amber would post and let us know how she is doing. Hopefully so well that she doesn't have time to post. Do keep me posted on what you do according to the book.
    betterdaysforme

Old 05-12-2005, 07:47 AM   #9
    gottagetbetter
    Veteran
    (female)

gottagetbetter HB User

Hi DD & BDFM,

Sorry haven't been on in a few days. Life has been a little crazy.

Soke with a DR in the Dallas area yesterday(for an hr &1/2). Anyway, we went over alot of info. He does OZONE therapy. Wants me to do 4 treatments right in a row. Says cleansing the blood is going to boost my healing abilities. My Dh is a little leary. I on the other hand am too darn ready to get my life back and more.

Dr Jim and I went over tons of info...diet, supplements, treatments, what symptoms I was having. It was interesting because I told him about the insomnia and temp dropping and he stated, "I am afraid for you to go to sleep". He says he recommends perfect foods green powder. I already take the probiotics by this company so I am looking into it. He also was talking about turmerick(sp) and freeze dried aloe vera.

I will see my chiro tomorrow and am going to run all this by her. I am glad I have someone alternative to bounce things off of.

Have y'all thought about a zapper? Have been skimming through Cure for all diseases by dr clark. Not so sure about her???

I will fill you guys in as I gather more info. THis lyme journey is something I'll tell you that.

Take care of yourselves!!
    ~P

Old 05-12-2005, 10:40 AM   #10
    Betterdaysforme
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Hi gottagetbetter,

When we were at the homeopathic the other day we were reading an herb book and took the card out to order it. Some interesting stuff. The turmeric essential oil was listed as good for insomnia and that is what drew me to it. Maybe laurie will look in her book and verify. They did say it was one of the most expensive essential oils. I have never bought them so I don't know. I was interested in the person who posted on here about the aloe drink too. I had watched a show (I believe Oprah) and they had an older woman on there who had been in a wreck and recovered pretty quickly but what the doctors were astounded at was her real age compared to how old they thought she was. Apparently quite a difference. She had been making aloe drink and taking it herself for a long time. She now sells it too. I'm sure I have the info here someplace and I will let you know when I find it. Thanks for your input and yes this is a very hard disease to not only fight but understand. One minute not feeling too bad and the next horrible. So sick of it!
    betterdaysforme

Old 05-25-2005, 07:49 PM   #11
    dorkdad
    (male)

dorkdad HB User

I wanted to come back to this book to mention two of the protocols we are using.

The first is the Ion Cleanse Detoxification (page 205) which is really a fancy foot bath. A device that generates direct current is placed in a tub of water with about 1 tsp of kosher salt. The array generates electrical ions in the water. Because the human body is 70% water, there is an interchange of ions into and out of the body that results in some ions binding with toxic chemicals and heavy metals. Many of these actually show up visibly in the water (gross looking). Water by itself will show some color change because (according to the author) 20-40% of toxic residues that show up in the tub of water represent toxins and heavy metals already in the municipal water. My wife has tried this 3 times now and will continue. It seems to cause headaches. She says she can tell now when headaches are part of detoxing whether from ion cleansing or other detox protocol. She says her body "just feels really weird".

Secondly we have plugged into Bio Resonance Scanning in the form of the QXCI. This computer program evaluates 8500 aspects of the body's electrical nature and translates them into many health related categories and treatment protocols. In my wife's first session, the program indicated that other issues needed correction first before Lymes could be addressed. The second session moved Lymes into the treatable category. However our main focus is SLEEP. We have great confidence in the competance of practitioner. Progress is incremental, so I won't sugar coat it. Others have mentioned Rife machines and various frequency matching products and teqniques. This device costs $13000 (13 thousand ), so if cost is an indicator, draw your own conclusions. Some of this makes perfect sense to me, some I just accept the possibilities.
    As a side note I have used Tea Tree Oil to get rid of warts twice over the years on different fingers. It took daily topical application for about 3 months to totally and permanently rid them. That simple experience with warts has reminded me that natural products and body (mind and spirit too) building processes can succeed with consistency and time. That's my expecation for my wife first, then the rest of my family and myself.

DD

Last edited by dorkdad; 05-25-2005 at 07:52 PM.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:08 AM   #12
    laurie864bla
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

laurie864bla HB User

I was thinking about getting this book for a friend. How religious/spiritual/ or even "preachy" do you think a person whose not real religious--but not against it either--would take it??

I just think it sounds so good--but I don't want to turn her off--if you know what I mean.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:34 AM   #13
    dorkdad
    (male)

dorkdad HB User

laurie864bla (how did you come up with that name),

Your question was brought home when our LLMD naturopath said some of here patients wouldn't buy the book because of the reference to God in the title. The first 276 pages are clinical. The author, Dr David Jurnigan states in the Forward that peoiple may question his inclusion of Christian principles but that his clinical experience has shown that spiritual matters must be addressed for lasting healing. Some of that includes topics like who are you on the inside, controlling your thinking, meditation tecniques, and there are some Biblical references.
    So it depends on the reader's perspective of "preachy" and the strength of their prejudices, I think. You can find excerpts of the book on the web if that would help.
    Let me know what you decide.

There is another book "Everything You Need to Know About Lyme Disease" that I have not read and am curious about if you have any feedback.

DD

Old 05-27-2005, 08:07 PM   #14
    autmom

autmom HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by laurie864bla
    I was thinking about getting this book for a friend. How religious/spiritual/ or even "preachy" do you think a person whose not real religious--but not against it either--would take it??

I just think it sounds so good--but I don't want to turn her off--if you know what I mean.
    I just got the book today. If you look at the book cover, "Beating Lyme Disease" is in large printing. The rest of the title is much smaller. I bought the book for the alternative methods information. If she is into alternative methods, I think she'd take it!

Old 05-28-2005, 06:40 AM   #15
    laurie864bla
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

laurie864bla HB User

Thanks DD!! About my screen name--My name is obviously Laurie, and then all were taken b/c I guess such a common name--so 864 was a number they suggested on my email--and then bla, bla, bla, is the bla reference b/c I never shut up!! LOL

Everything you need to know about Lyme Disease is very informative. I learned a lot from this book--it is a must have in my opinion. Have a good weekend---I know I am!! *****!!!!

Closed Thread