It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Saline Injections at home

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-28-2004, 07:07 PM   #1
    NickC

NickC HB User
    Saline Injections at home

I saw the last thread about Saline injections and I came across this board were many people said they do there own injections at home. THey say it works great on there scars. I would kinda be freaked out to stick a needle in my SKin. Maybe ill see if the derm will do it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2005, 08:54 AM   #2
    eraytyler
    (female)

eraytyler HB User
    Re: Saline Injections at home

I have seen a lot of posts about the saline injections and a lot of people still asking about it. I have some syringes I ordered coming in the mail soon and am going to give it a try on myself since I can't afford for a doc to do it for me. I will post details about how it goes often. I have tried TCA peels, microdermabrasions and nothing works. I hope this does cause I am out of ideas. Wish me luck!

Old 05-12-2005, 12:10 PM   #3
    Angelka
    (female)

Angelka HB User

Hi guys..

I had my 1st treatment with Dr. Sire in California. He mentioned he has been having great success with this treatment, and hopefully after 6-8 treatments we can get the scar elevated at skin level.
    After the injection the skin raised creating a bump that lasted 30 min. After the swelling subsided I experienced complete scar revision for an entire week. When all the saline subsided the scar didn't go back as deep as it previously was.

I am sure many of you have read threads about saline injections, for those who are new here is a bit about the procedure:

The solution does not act as a filler but as a treatment. The initial response is similar to a filler, and the scar is elevated with the surrounding tissue, but it only lasts one week.
    Saline is injected into the depressed acne scar, which causes stretching of the fibrous bands and mild collagen stimulation. Part of the saline solution remains in the scar and part of it gets absorbed by the body. Multiple treatments are necessary to accomplish optimum improvements. Injections are usually performed every 2-3 weeks - series of 6-8 treatments.
    There is commonly a 50-80% improvement on the scarring. There is little "downtime" and the patient will not appear "treated." As the patient continues treatment, he or she will notice the tissue becoming softer and easier to inject and expand. The results are excellent after the initial treatments and the maintenance schedule has been established.

Dr. Sire did say you can do these once a week for maximum improvement. If one can get 10-15% with each injection, a series will produce great results. It is a gradual process but the results are permanent, since the effect of saline is to stimulate fiborblasts to remodel new collagen.

After this I will be doing the injections myself...the technique is very important in this case...if anyone is interested I will post the technique as Dr. Sire explained it.

Old 05-13-2005, 09:15 AM   #4
    eraytyler
    (female)

eraytyler HB User

Angelka, how much permanent improvement have you seen so far with the injections? What kind of solution do you get? My syringes should be in the mail tomorrow and I am ready to start injecting a few of my larger saucer shaped scars. I have to also say, I just started using CP serum a week ago following a TCA peel and it healed me up fast! The peel helped my very shallow acne scars but not much improvement on my deep ones. So I think the injections used in combo with the CP serum will be really good.

Good luck to all

Old 05-13-2005, 02:00 PM   #5
    EternalBliss17
    (female)

EternalBliss17 HB User

WOW! I am so impressed by this treatment. Angelka, what kind of scars do you have and how long have you had them? How did you rid your acne? I am currently on accutane and realized as my acne is gone that my scars are there. they are not horrible. But they are visible. They are shallow. I am curious if I should do dermabrasion or now these saline procedures? What are the costs? Please tell all. I am so interested in this procedure. I feel like there is hope.

Old 05-14-2005, 03:08 PM   #6
    Angelka
    (female)

Angelka HB User

Its really too soon to tell.....I have a pretty deep, depression.
    Results are different for everyone, but I feel the more treatments I have the better I will be able to tell the improvement. It might take 6-10 treatments

The saline used is - BACTERIOSTATIC 0.9% SODIUM CHLORIDE

You need to inject several times into a large scar to create a large size bump.Placed the needle at a slight angle to the scar, approximately 45-70 degrees, and insert it into the scar at 2 to 3 mm deep. You want to inject into the dermis.

Go around the scar from different directions, at 1st near the outside edge of the scar (bringing the needle to different directions under the skin), as you begin to fill in you can inject more toward the center, you want to cover the entire area.

Old 05-14-2005, 03:12 PM   #7
    Angelka
    (female)

Angelka HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EternalBliss17
    WOW! I am so impressed by this treatment. Angelka, what kind of scars do you have and how long have you had them? How did you rid your acne? I am currently on accutane and realized as my acne is gone that my scars are there. they are not horrible. But they are visible. They are shallow. I am curious if I should do dermabrasion or now these saline procedures? What are the costs? Please tell all. I am so interested in this procedure. I feel like there is hope.
    You have to wait at least a year off accutane to do dermabrasion. But you really should try less invasive treatments first, because after dermabrasion your skin will respond differently to other treatments. Plus you can do saline while on accutane.

My scar is pretty deep, but you will get great results with shallow scaring.
    The cost was 50$ for the injection, but I will be doing it myelf so now its free

Old 05-19-2005, 01:23 PM   #8
    eraytyler
    (female)

eraytyler HB User

Hey guys, I just wanted to leave a follow up on my scar treatments. First, I have seen huge improvement since I did my strong TCA peel, then a couple of weeks later I started using CP serum 2x a day. I have only been using this for 1 week but I see real improvement in my indented scars. Yesterday I tried the saline injections and did see lots of improvement in the smaller scars I did, but not so much in the bigger scars. I think I didn't go deep enough with the needle though, I was pretty scared. The swelling goes away within a few minutes. I am going to try again going a little deeper on the bigger scars. Those are the ones that bother me the most afterall. I hope you all are doing good and good luck to you!

ER

Old 09-22-2005, 03:35 PM   #9
    leigh30
    (female)

leigh30 HB User

Hi there! I just wanted to find out if there was ANY updates from people who have tried saline injections (with or without Dr.Sire). Thanks in advance!

Leigh

Closed Thread