It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Lexapro is working but I am so tired...Part 2

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-13-2005, 10:56 AM   #1
    msmod

msmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB User
    Lexapro is working but I am so tired...Part 2

The previous thread was getting a bit to long, please continue your discussion here.

Thanks, ms_mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2005, 02:12 PM   #2
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User
    Re: Lexapro is working but I am so tired...Part 2

Adam, how did you make it today? We are all anxious to hear from you!

Bell, I am so glad the Lexapro is working so well for you! That is just great!
    Maybe you'll be up to the 10mg really soon and be even better.

Check in with you guys later!

Old 05-13-2005, 03:35 PM   #3
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

No word from Adam? Hope the test went okay?
    Jackie how are you, still going good? Didn't you have a flight? I might need 50 mg to board a air plane
    Are you still taking 10 mg? I think it only comes in 10 and 20 mg.

Old 05-13-2005, 03:53 PM   #4
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell, glad you found me here! Hope Adam and Jeffrey'smom does too. I am doing great considering I have one heck of a week. Normally I would have spazzed out big time. I am flying out Monday morning to Dallas, and coming back Wednesday night. I love to fly, so that's not a problem, it's just getting myself from the airport to the hotel that I was apprehensive about, but now someone from our Dallas office is picking me up, taking me to lunch and then the hotel. Nice huh? Then I can take a shuttle from the hotel on Wed to the airport and I will be fine. I am excited, but have worked so hard getting ready to go, that it has me half crazed! I run the Company store at my company, and I am taking company logo shirts to sell, and I've been busy packing up. I hope to have lots of fun while there, so if I don't worry too much I will have a good time.

That is great that you went through the rain storm so easily. I normally freak out when something like that happens, but the last one I was in, I kept my cool - so the Lexapro definitely helped! I had just started on it at that time. Yes - I am on 10 mg, and don't ever think I would have to go up to more. That amount is working just fine!

No word from Adam, really anxious to see how things went. Hope he will check in with us soon so we can get the FYI on today!

Old 05-13-2005, 04:26 PM   #5
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

Your trip would send me through the roof in the anxiety department. Are you going alone? I always have to have what I call my "safe person" with me.
    I have some agoraphobia issues too Sounds like you are excited about it though and that is good.
    The only "bad" side effect I notice is not wanting to be touched and fussed over a whole lot? I suppose in some respects that was already going on just amplified. I took Zoloft a few years ago and it was terrible.
    Go to the Dr. Next Weds. If there was a way to get out of going so much that would be great. I realize I need to be monitored on this stuff but every other week is a bit much don't ya think?

Old 05-13-2005, 04:42 PM   #6
    adam2000
    Veteran
    (male)

adam2000 HB User

I'm here!!

Well I made it through the day. Yesterday evening and last night were rough. I tried to go to sleep around 12 but found myself tossing and turning all night, so i really didnt get any quality sleep. Too much anxiety, couldnt relax enough to close my eyes and pass out.

Got up this morning and went right to the place, they did all the tests. There was one where they blow warm and cool air in each ear and see how your eyes react...she had to do it over, because the results were hard for her to figure out. She said she would need to go over it before she would know what was up. So maybe its something, maybe its not. I dont know what to think. GUess ill find out next week.

As soon as i left the place i popped a xanax, and just took my next one, so hopefully after a few days ill be better. Right now my eyes are really tired from not getting enough sleep. Hopefully tonight ill actually be able to pass out since im getting calmer....

thats about it here. Hoping the worse is over....praying...

Old 05-13-2005, 04:42 PM   #7
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Yes, I am going all alone this trip - for the first time, which is why I am a bit apprehensive. I love going out of town on businesss and did it quite a bit a couple of years ago, but it was always with a few people, never on my lonesome! I will have old friends to see, new ones to get acquainted with, whom I've only spoken to on the phone or email, so I am looking forward to that. I think I am the opposite of you, I get panicky feeling from staying in the house too much. I have the need to get out of here! It used to drive me crazy because my husband hardly ever wanted to leave the house, and by Monday, I was screaming to go back to work! lol Being on Prozac has helped him quite a bit with that, thank goodness. He still likes to mostly stick close to home.

I have not noticed not wanting to be touched, I think I feel more affectionate now because I don't feel so irritable all the time. Being happy spills over into affection for me, and I am a real touchy feely sort of person. As far as you going to the doctor so much at first is entirely normal. they want to closely monitor your progress, and as you get to your optimum dose and stabilize, you won't have to go nearly as much. You will eventually get there!

You know, I just realized that Jeffrysmom is on the other thread, "need advice about Lexapro". Guess I'll go there too and send her and Adam a note and see what happens!

Old 05-13-2005, 04:47 PM   #8
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Yo Adam! Glad you touched base and found us here. Bell and I have been waiting to hear your results. I am glad that is over, and I bet now that you can take your Xanax, you will get a great night's sleep tonight. Taking your Zoloft again will help too. I know it's like starting from square one again, but one thing for certain - you're on the road now, and I really think this time next week - you will be feeling really good

Old 05-13-2005, 04:49 PM   #9
    adam2000
    Veteran
    (male)

adam2000 HB User

Yeah i hope im better in a couple days. if i get a good rest tonight i bet ill be pretty good tomorrrow...i hope so!

Old 05-13-2005, 04:51 PM   #10
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by adam2000
    Yeah i hope im better in a couple days. if i get a good rest tonight i bet ill be pretty good tomorrrow...i hope so!
    Just getting some good rest and sleep, will definitely help your anxiety and your nerves. How much Zolot do you start back with? 25 mg?

Old 05-13-2005, 04:56 PM   #11
    adam2000
    Veteran
    (male)

adam2000 HB User

Still 12.5mg, i see the psych monday morning, so we'll talk about it and see what her plan is. Ill probably stay out of work this week, so im hoping by the 23rd ill be ready to go

Old 05-13-2005, 04:57 PM   #12
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Didn't you see the therapist today too? How did that go? 12.5 mg of zoloft is very very low. I bet she will at least double it Monday.

Old 05-13-2005, 05:02 PM   #13
    adam2000
    Veteran
    (male)

adam2000 HB User

Yeah I saw the therapist too. We talked and talked. Basically what it boils down to is that I fear panic attacks and anxiety. Whats the worst that can happen? I get nervous, or even say, i pass out or something. She tried to tell me that it all passes in a few minutes, and i shouldnt be afraid of it...because nothing bad can really happen, im not going to die or anything (i mean not counting fainting and hitting my head or something). I tend to feel uncomfortable and blow it up until im worked up to a craze. So we'll work on that...
    {Providing off board contact infomation of a kind violates board rules. This also includes adding contact information to your signature. Please re-read and follow all board rules to avoid banning. Thanks, ms_mod

"An obstacle is just a stepping stone"

Last edited by msmod; 05-13-2005 at 06:12 PM.

Old 05-13-2005, 05:08 PM   #14
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

{Providing off board contact information of any kind violates the board rules, please re-read and follow ALL the board rules to avoid being banned. Thanks, ms_mod}

Last edited by msmod; 05-13-2005 at 06:14 PM.

Old 05-13-2005, 05:10 PM   #15
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by adam2000
    Yeah I saw the therapist too. We talked and talked. Basically what it boils down to is that I fear panic attacks and anxiety. Whats the worst that can happen? I get nervous, or even say, i pass out or something. She tried to tell me that it all passes in a few minutes, and i shouldnt be afraid of it...because nothing bad can really happen, im not going to die or anything (i mean not counting fainting and hitting my head or something). I tend to feel uncomfortable and blow it up until im worked up to a craze. So we'll work on that...
    Adam, I have read quite a few posts about people with panic attacks and they feel just the same as you. They think they are going to pass out and fear that they will and something bad will happen. It sounds like quite a few people on the panic boards say that. I am glad I don't get those!!!

Last edited by msmod; 05-13-2005 at 06:22 PM.

Closed Thread