It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Please share your stories...what do you have anxiety over?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-06-2005, 11:09 PM   #91
    Adrienne81
    (female)

Adrienne81 HB User
    Re: Please share your stories...what do you have anxiety over?

I think this is a good way for all us to get to know each other better.

I've had my anxiety all my life, as far back as I can remember. When I was a little kid (about 4 or so) I would have heart palpatations. That would wake me up in the middle of the night. It seemed like the only thing that would cure it was running around the room several time..so I could catch up to my own heart beat. I know wierd.

I was sexually abused as a child by a neighbor. My father was a horrible alcoholic. And my mother...was a bad drug addict. So most of my life I would worry obsessivly about them. Crazy things like; my dad falling on me when he was drunk, my dad hurting himself, maybe him not waking up at night, killing himself in a car accident, etc. I worried about the same things with my mother. And I still do! I had to move to get away from it all, and now I'm feeling guilty for not being there. It's something that's never going to leave me alone, for the rest of my life.

I had to watch my mother go through a few years of being addicted to Oxycontin. Which wasn't fun. I lost my job over it..and all of my friends.
    I developed wierd phobias ..and became obsessive compulsive about worrying.
    It was so bad that I never learned how to drive. I was afraid when I was out in public. I felt as if I was going to have a heart attack all the time.

I begged my mother to take me to a doctor when I was about 17. I needed help and I wanted to get treatment. I used to have anger management problems. I would blow up for no reason..yell, scream, whatever I could to get out whatever I bottled up before. The doctor put me on alot of drugs at first and I tried all of them. I decided over the first year or so, to stick with Zoloft. It really saved my life.

I still have panic attacks, and all of my phobias, but I deal with better now. There really isn't a cure for it. Alot of my anxiety now is "what will happen if I don't have my drug?" I literally freak when I think about that.

My panic attacks aren't like what other people describe. Mine are different. I get all of the basic symptoms. But when I have a panic attack I actually start going into shock. I feel like my entire body is on fire. I feel the pain as if I am on fire..and I actually feel my body lock down on me. I can't really move..or speak. I've layed in bed for hours like that. It's hell. And alot of the time I wish I would just die..than to feel like that. But I've gotten better at dealing with them. I just hope I never have to feel that again. That's what scares me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2005, 02:36 PM   #92
    WalkingShadow
    (male)

WalkingShadow HB User

ert6rtgfinishing up school, so I also worry about finding a job and having a fulfilling career, and earning enough money to pay off my massive student loans. I worry a lot about family issues that are much too crazy and complicated to get into in this post.

Old 05-11-2005, 09:46 PM   #93
    Holly_N
    (female)

Holly_N HB User

I'm 21, I don't have any terrible disease, sure little things, like a wrist problem that may be connected to my jaw (tmj) that makes it hard to do art, which is what I want to do, and this ringworm on my legs I've had for a year and can't get rid of, but I don't have anything life-threatening to my knowledge. . . sometimes i struggle with worry. Just went to the doctor about my ringworm today for the first time, it's so costly w/o insurance, and sometimes i feel like they don't care. They thought it was this other thing, (cause I've been treating it topically, and it doesn't look very severe) but in looking on the internet, i don't think it is. Sometimes i feel like i'm falling apart, and things are just going to get worse, and just like giving up. Thoughts like that have a way of spiraling, and leaving you pretty anxious and discouraged. But I've found a really good cure for anxiety, like nothing else when I begin to feel that way. Jesus said, come all you who are weary and heavey laden, and i will give you rest. Psalms says He keeps those in perfect peace whose minds are stayed on Him. It's really hard to give thanks in the midst of trials, but the word says to give thanks in ALL things, and i'll tell you, there's no cure for anxiety like knowing that everything that happens is in the hands of a loving God.

Old 05-11-2005, 11:17 PM   #94
    Ksoup798
    (female)

Ksoup798 HB User

Im a dork. I always worrry about pregnancy and death. I havent had sex in months, have had tests done, a pelvic exam, and had 2 periods since then and i still for some reason think that i am going to be that .034483 person that that would happen to. Im also afraid of death. I always think Im dying and want to go to the hospital, but i wont go to the hospital because im afraid they will tell me im pregnant. ha. its stupid.

Old 05-12-2005, 02:19 AM   #95
    malibu82
    Veteran
    (female)

malibu82 HB User

Health! Within the past two years, at different times, I have been sure without a shadow of a doubt that I have had HIV, a brain tumour, cervical cancer, bowel cancer and skin cancer. Whatever I fear is always terminal.

Old 05-12-2005, 04:02 AM   #96
    gemmy200
    (female)

gemmy200 HB User

I have health anxiety. It was triggered when my dad died 2 years ago with cancer. I am not overly concerned with normal sickness, mine is a cancer phobia. Every twinge, ache or pain is terminal. I over-react when it comes to my kids because I cannot fathom losing one of them to this horrible disease. The bad thing is..my 12 year old is picking up on it and I think he is overly anxious about his health now. I feel bad because I have sentenced him to a life of misery!

Old 05-13-2005, 09:22 PM   #97
    NancyH
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

NancyH HB User

I'm 57 now, I didn't start having anxiety attacks until I was married to my first husband, he was a wife beater, sexual abuser, and a drunk/druggie and I was stupied emough to put up with it for 4 yrs. I had only one anxiety attack while with him but I had alot of anxiety everytime he went out, about the time 1am rolled around I was on pins and needles wondering which person would come home, sometimes the angry vicious one did and other times the tired and too drunk one did. When I finally left him with in a year I was having them pretty steady and along with panic attacks. I've had remission for few years at a time and I'm learning to deal with them better. My biggest is traveling in areas where there is no medical help, like on a freeway or turnpike, or small towns My second hubby is thankfully understanding, we have done some traveling but I sure have to have my xanax with me. I've cancelled trips cuz the anxiety was too much to handle even before going. I've had to live and work where a hospital was no more than a mile away, I have succeeded to doing that in the last 25years, I worked and lived less than amile away from medical help. When I was 25 I knew I'd be dead by the time I was 40 and here I am at 57 and still the same way.

Old 05-14-2005, 04:40 AM   #98
    krabsozzy
    (male)

krabsozzy HB User

Glad to see this thread.....Mine is like almost everyone here HEALTH. Started in 1991 with AIDS scare was sure I had it even without having sex. Then I had a bad case of vertigo which freeked me out. Since then the anxiety has gotten worse. I was sure that I had

Breast Cancer (I am a male)
    Testical cancer
    skin cancer
    bowel cancer

Was on Paxil and got off of that due to weight gain and wanted to try to do without. Did fine for a little while then started with worry again so went to Lexapro. Took for about a year and wanted to try do do without. Did good for about 3 months then I had heart PVC's come back. I had them years ago but freeked about them this time. Since then had all the heart tests went back on Lexapro but still very anxious about everything.
    The latest is I woke up the other night with my arm asleep. I had instant panic attack that something was wrong. Since then my fingers and hands tingle and the more i think about it the more they do it. I have read that this is a symptom of anxiety and also of lexapro but still worry about it.

Old 05-14-2005, 08:16 AM   #99
    lucylane
    (female)

lucylane HB User

If anxiety is taking over your life and interfering with sleep do like I did. I got a prescription for an anti-anxiety tablet called clonazepam. It works like a dream. I take 1/2 a tab in the am and the other 1/2 before bedtime. I no longer feel anxious about things and take things in my stride. The 1/2 I take before bedtime, gives me a wonderful sleep and I wake up feeling refreshed and rested. Clonazepam also helps restless legs syndrome. I know because my mom takes it after suffering for years and now her syndrome is over. I'm a person with pulsatile tinnitus and the above meds give me much relief. Pulsatile tinnitus is when you hear your heart beat in one of your ears. Because of the meds the noise disappears for most of the day.

Last edited by lucylane; 05-14-2005 at 08:17 AM.

Old 05-14-2005, 02:44 PM   #100
    Leah004
    (female)

Leah004 HB User
    Re: Please share your stories. What do you have anxiety over?

I am a constant worrier,,,therefore I have anxiety about a lot of things. Sometimes my health,,,but more so other people's health,,,,and SO much anxiety about family problems and issues.
    I'm on Lorazapam and take it daily,,,I 'need' to know I have that little bottle with me all of the time,,,that causes me anxiety too *grin*
    Leah

Old 05-15-2005, 03:41 AM   #101
    DarkChange
    (male)

DarkChange HB User

Health too, im 17 and I constantly worry about my health, even if its a small symptom I have to look it up and it makes me have anxiety attacks cause I just cant get the thought out of my head that it might be serious. I also think how it would be if i left this world, I love life and my family and just imagining losing them or being them if they lost me makes me so depressed. Right now i have alot of symptoms that have to do witht the nervous system and im constantly feeling dizzy or confused, I also have vision problems. My parents plan on taking me to a neurologist but I might have to go to the hospital since I cant fall asleep or else my body stops breathing, this just happened today and it already made my anxiety worse. I also have the worst tremors ever I can barely type how much im shaking and xanax doesnt seem to help much.

Im done I guess.

Old 05-16-2005, 05:41 AM   #102
    lucylane
    (female)

lucylane HB User

If you suffer with anxiety like I did, there a med that eliminates it. I was prescribed clonazepam for anxiety and it really works. I use to have panic attacks, couldn't sleep well because I would think someone was going to break into our house and I couldn't take deep breaths. I'm on the minimum dose of this really inexpensive drug. I take 1/2 tablet in the morning and the other 1/2 before bedtime. I have great sleeps, without bad dreams or any anxiety. My mother also uses clonazepam for a different problem. She has suffered with restless legs syndrome for many years, not any more.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:36 AM   #103
    SirReal
    (male)

SirReal HB User

Mine is fear of passing out. I think about this constantly, mostly at work. Although I've never passed out from these feelings (the lightheadness, off-balance, dizzy etc etc etc), it still doesn't put my mind at ease. I've tried to disassociate these feelings with the possibility that I could pass out, but I don't know enough about the physiology of it. All I know is what I feel.

Old 05-17-2005, 12:08 AM   #104
    chupa
    (female)

chupa HB User

i have anxiety over so much its not even funny.Vomiting being the worst,i have about the most severe case of emetophobia on earth! ok,i should say i had the worst case,even though its still bad,but nothing like it used to be,i can not tell u all the measures i have taken in my life not to puke,,on a daily basis.i have a bad fear of bleeding,unfortunately for me im female(ugh).i have a terribly irrational fear of going insane(this is because of ocd though)tons of health anxiety,anxiety for family members,anxiety over my heart and breathing.thats just a few of my hundreds of anxiety producing things!

Old 05-17-2005, 12:27 AM   #105
    photo2001
    (male)

photo2001 HB User

I worry about my health. I have had a neurological problem that caused numbness in my feet. I can walk with the aid of a cane and ankle braces. I've dealt with this for almost 17 years. I also have high blood pressure and get a rapid heart beat (tachycardia). Lately I've been having numbness in my fingers and headaches. I am supposed to go to the doctor today, and am anxious about what he will say. I am pretty phobic about going to doctors, because they usually find something wrong with me! It's at a point where I'm having trouble finding reasons to go on.

Closed Thread