It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Need Advice About Lexapro Part 2

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-02-2005, 07:04 AM   #46
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User
    Re: Need Advice About Lexapro Part 2

Yes he is on a antibiotic for 3 weeks! I have 3 dogs, dogs are my life Love them!! Too bad there isn't a dog thread LOL
    {REMOVED}
    I OCD on all those things too but also health stuff as well.
    It has got so much better on the Lexapro. Did you know they prescribe it for OCD too!

Last edited by msmod; 06-02-2005 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Please don't ask other members how they we able to violate board rules. Please re-read the posting rules to avoid banning. Thanks, ms_mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2005, 07:16 AM   #47
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bell99
    Yes he is on a antibiotic for 3 weeks! I have 3 dogs, dogs are my life Love them!! Too bad there isn't a dog thread LOL

I OCD on all those things too but also health stuff as well.
    It has got so much better on the Lexapro. Did you know they prescribe it for OCD too!
    I am glad your dog is going to be ok! What kind do you have? Mine is a Yorkie and the sweetest little thing you ever saw. She loves her mama too {REMOVED} I did not know they prescribed Lex for OCD too. That's good, cuz I sure need it! lol

PS - On the menopause thread I was telling you about - there are quite a few of us dog lovers on there

Last edited by msmod; 06-02-2005 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Please re-read the posting rules. ms_mod

Old 06-02-2005, 07:28 AM   #48
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

I have two Boston Terriers and a Lab/Shepherd mix which is the one with the parasite!
    {REMOVED}
    Yes Lexapro is one of the top OCD meds. My Dr. said it's stops the obsessive thought process which often leads to panic and anxiety.
    Off to swim lessons.... Have a Great day tell Adam Hi for me

Last edited by msmod; 06-02-2005 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Please re-read the posting rules. Thanks ms_mod

Old 06-10-2005, 06:30 AM   #49
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

HI BELL!!!

It is so good to be back, it's been a long week for me! I'm not doing too good right now, very anxious and really edgey. Had alot of things to hit with my husband's family and freinds this week, and really getting next to us. I think I may have to go back up to 10mg again. How are you doing - been driving yet?

Hope you are not upset with me

Jackie

Old 06-10-2005, 06:34 AM   #50
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

Sorry you had a bad week!! I was kind of worried with you dropping down to 5.
    I gotta tell ya, I am feeling like I need more!!!
    This week I have been so tired NO energy at all.
    I gained two pounds!!!! Always want to eat.
    More Irritable than I was.
    I was doing so good and all the sudden I feel like I am back sliding.
    I am not axious so to speak just not as up beat as I was and really lacking energy?
    I go back on the 15th and hope he will up me to 15 or even 20?

Old 06-10-2005, 06:49 AM   #51
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

You know, I was doing fine on 5mg, but then it seems like people in his family are crawling out of the woodwork wanting us to help them financially and it is taking it's toll on us. He got quite a big settlement a couple of years ago from disability, and people know we have some money put away, and always run to us when they are in trouble. But, it has gotten out of hand and stressing us both out! This morning he said he needed another Xanax, and he usually only needs them to help him sleep. We've both decided enough is enough, and we've got to put a stop to it. I was doing fine until all this. Also - his best friend went to the VA hospital and his doctor is awful, wouldn't give him any meds - and he had to stop his Paxil cold turkey! I told him he could NOT do that - he'd be all mess up and his doctor should know that. Anyway - he's had bad mood swings, suicidial and passed out yesterday with a loaded gun in his pocket. I think he might have been planning on doing something. He's in the hospital right now and my hubby went up there to tell the doctors about him going through Paxil withdrawal.

I honestly think we need to move away where no one knows where we are!

I know what you mean about the wanting to eat all the time. Girl - I feel like a big fat cow. I am so upset about it. All I want to do is eat! I'm getting depressed about it too. I'm sorry you're edgy and not doing as well either. I think 20 mg is as high as it goes as far as Lexapro, isn't it?

Old 06-10-2005, 06:55 AM   #52
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

Oh No I have talked to people taking 40 mg a day!!
    Maybe you need to change phone numbers? You both don't need all that stress!!!
    I am taking those weight smart vitamins as they helped me drop weight in the past. Funny isn't it, at first I didn't want to eat a thing. I remember getting food in my mouth and not being able to chew it. Now I am starving all the time!!
    The other night I woke up at 2 am and ate a cup cake!!!
    I was down to 120 which is pretty good for 5"1 within a week I am up to 122. I can't imagine if this continues

Old 06-10-2005, 07:15 AM   #53
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bell99
    Oh No I have talked to people taking 40 mg a day!!
    Maybe you need to change phone numbers? You both don't need all that stress!!!
    I am taking those weight smart vitamins as they helped me drop weight in the past. Funny isn't it, at first I didn't want to eat a thing. I remember getting food in my mouth and not being able to chew it. Now I am starving all the time!!
    The other night I woke up at 2 am and ate a cup cake!!!
    I was down to 120 which is pretty good for 5"1 within a week I am up to 122. I can't imagine if this continues
    See, that is what is scaring me too! If I continue to eat and gain, I will be fat again, and that's not going to happen! If I have to, I will try Wellbutrin because he's supposed to have no sexual side affects and won't make you hungry or gain weight. I haven't had to get up and eat, but I get hungry alot at night and find myself eating alot of stuff that I would normally be able to talk myself out of. I have been falling asleep at the wheel going home from work too - it's like my head starts feeling funny and I go into this sleepy trance and can't shake it. It's really scary, and I'm starting to get really concerened about that. That may be peri/meno thing though because I was doing that before the Lexapro. I have perimeno and allergies going on so half the time I don't know what is causing what symptom!

Oh - Bell, I tried those Weight Smart vitamins last year and they made me really nervous and have heart palps, so I quit taking them. They weren't making me lose any weight anyway.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:28 AM   #54
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

OMG that trance state your talking about...... I had that exact same thing happen yesterday. It was like I was in a trance and REALLY tired. I tried drinking tea and getting up and moving and nothing helped. I was here alone with my kids and getting scared, can't imagine having it happen while driving.

About the Vit..... I took them and lost like 14 pounds. Around this time I developed Rapid HB. I took the Vit to the three Dr. one of which was a Cardiologist who told me they wouldn't cause that???? I was in and out of the Hospital for a month having Heart Test run. They told me it was sinus Tachycardia from Anxiety? The whole time I kept thinking NO it's the Vitamins but 3 Dr. can't be wrong. The only Dr. who said it might cause it with a very slight "maybe" was my gyno??
    On food OMG I ate an entire package of Pita bread with humus yesterday.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:39 AM   #55
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

OMG Bell - it WAS the vitiamins, of that I'm very sure, because when I quit taking them, the heart palpitations went away. If it happened to you too, and I am certain that's what it was. Sometimes I honestly think we know more than the doctors!

The trance/sleepiness makes my head feel like I"m in a foggy state that I can't get out of. I can slap myself, roll down the windows in the winter time, sing with the radio - nothing helps. The only other time I do it is when I'm at home and sitting watching TV, I go into that trance and fall asleep. My husband starts laughing at me because my head falls over and I nearly fall out of my recliner!

By the way, I haven't heard from Adam this week and I haven't heard how he is doing.

Oh - I wanted to know if you were exerpiencing very vivid dreams at night since you started on the Lexapro? I do this every night! It's almost like watching a movie every night

Old 06-10-2005, 07:41 AM   #56
    adam2000
    Veteran
    (male)

adam2000 HB User

HI All,

Gee's everyone's having little issues again? Thats not good Im actually doing better. Get fatigued sometimes and nausea, But that was from the zoloft from what i understand. Otherwise my psych said the zoloft should really kick in in another week or so. And i continue my eye exercises for the dizziness, but no panic attacks and the anxiety is getting better - seems like i took a step up and you guys took a step back, come on, catch up to me now!!!!

*hugs*

Adam

"An obstacle is just a stepping stone"

Old 06-10-2005, 07:47 AM   #57
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

I already had vivid dreams from the buspar! At least I am use to that.
    Oh the Heart beat...
    I went to my Neurologist whom I see for migraines. He was doing a exam and kept asking me if I felt okay? He wouldn't let me leave his office for two hours.
    My HR was 122 the entire time I was there. At first they thought it was my thyroid but that test came back normal. From there I had my Adrenal Gland function checked Normal, Chest X Ray Normal, Echo Gardio Gram Normal and a EKG which just showed my HB reamined at 122 for the entire test?
    The Vit. gave me HUGE energy burst so it seemed pretty obvious to me that is what it was but all Dr.'s said NO. That is when I was put on Buspar and Inderal been on it ever since. Also with Peri we get Heart Palps.
    I totally agree we know far more than the Dr.'s do. We know our own bodies.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:52 AM   #58
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hey Adam

Glad to hear that you are doing better! It's about time! I guess I am going to have to go back up to 10mg and I will be ok again. At least you don't have to worry about peri-menopause stuff!! lol You'd really be a basket case if you did

Thanks for the hugs (I think we both need them)!

Little J

Old 06-10-2005, 08:02 AM   #59
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell, I am sorry that you had to go through all those tests and expense, when it most likely was the Weight Smart all along! That is awful. You are right - we DO know our bodies better than they do! Thank goodness!

Old 06-10-2005, 08:05 AM   #60
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell - what is humas?

Closed Thread