It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board

• Not sure boyfriend is using Herion? other Drug?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-23-2004, 09:45 AM   #1
    bnessa77

bnessa77 HB User
    Not sure boyfriend is using Herion? other Drug?

I'm not sure if my boyfriend is using Herion or another type of drug. I've been with him for 8 years. It might be that I'm just over reacting. I just moved in with boyfriend and I'm noticing some odd habits. He takes extremely long in the bathroom, he lets the shower running at times or the bathroom sink - He doesn't always takes long in the bathroom - just sometimes and when he does he also locks the door. I've searched for needles but never found any. Once I found toilet paper dotted with blood but it could have been from shaving because I also found a shaver - both were in the trash. Also every morning he takes a dump in the bathroom - like he has diaria or something. He acts strange sometimes, very unlike himself. He gets depressed and starts talking about his bad childhood and even cry's, which is really unormal for him - he is those type of guys that never really cries, or at least in front of me. I've asked him before if he has ever used - he said he has only tried it several times a long time ago but stood away from it because he was afraid of it. He is addicted to Marajana, which bothers me but I would just DIE if he were doing HERION or even smoking HERION. He also likes drinking a lot, which he is getting better. Are there any Herion users or addicts that could give some type of things I should be looking for? I've never had or known anybody that ever used. I've check his arms for injection sign, but I don't see nothing. Or maybe I'm just overanaylzing this too much. Its just yesturday he took an extremly long shower and I think he forgot to lock the door and when I went in he turned of the shower and got mad at me. I told him never gets mad at me when I walk in the bathroom while he is there. He didn't come out and started drying himself inside the shower (way unnormal for him to do). I wanted to hug him, which I ALWAYS do when he gets out but this time he was mad and just kind of pushed me (gentle) to the side and went straight to living room. Any advice or help would be nice, I rather me just over reacting.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2004, 03:40 PM   #2
    mernee

mernee HB User
    Re: Not sure boyfriend is using Herion? other Drug?

I am a ex Heroin addict and I don't think it really sounds like Heroin abuse. I never injected Heroin however, I did smoke it. I would look for burnt tinfoil, lighters, small papers or bags used to hold it. It sounds like he may be depressed or using some other drug. Do you notice any other signs. Heroin is a downer so, people will nod off, feel extremely relaxed, look almost sleepy etc. Have you noticed any other physical signs of abuse. I was an addict for 20 some years and never injected so, that is not a sure fire sign of addiction.

Old 06-11-2005, 12:22 AM   #3
    bnessa77

bnessa77 HB User

Sometimes I notice that he sleeps way to much. Like I'll come home around 6:00 pm and he will be asleep all day and through the night and wake up early. His job is not heavy for him to be that tired. Sometimes he does that like 3-4 times a week but not every day. When I ask him about it he says he drank a beer and that made him go to sleep but I don't know. Sometimes I see one beer bottle and sometimes I don't. I drink a beer here and there but hardly ever and it never makes me go to sleep. I also notice that he will use lots of tolite paper, but nothing will be on it. If I do find something on it its like an orange, yellow stain. Its not poop for sure. I find the same yellow/stain in the bathroom usually with same amount. It doesn't really smell like anything. Not sure what it is. I have found some small plastic zip bags in his dresser but he addmitted that he used coke but that it was a small amount. He said he never uses coke but somebody gave it to him a long time ago and he never used it. One day he got mad it at me - he used it. It was weird, there was two plastic zip bag but one of them was also cut from the sides of the bag. Not holes but just open from the side, so it would open up to be like a rectangle. Maybe I'm looking into this too much. But sometimes he has werid mood swings. He'll wake up mad; I don't see him for like 5 mintes and then he is like extremly happy. I don't know... He does not sniff a lot with his noise for me to think he always uses coke and I've been with him for like 10 yrs and never found any plastics bag until this year.
    I know he does weed often - i'm just afraid if he using coke.

Old 06-11-2005, 12:46 AM   #4
    blt080301

blt080301 HB User

when my ex husband and I got married I knew he smoked pot. After 4 years of marraige he told me that he was doing other drugs also. meth, prescription pills, etc... Meth is now his drug of choice.... I started noticing that he would sleep alot when he was actually home( because he was coming down or whatever you want to call it) He would actually be constipated almost always. He was very moody. He was also losing weight...search the internet for drug use signs. this will help you know what to look for.. Good luck and I hope everything works out..

Old 06-11-2005, 12:55 AM   #5
    Adrienn
    (female)

Adrienn HB User

I think he might be using coke actually. Heroin is really drastic change. Well, what about his eyes. Are they dialated? Does he taste like chemicals, seriously. If he's bitter, he does something different. Cocaine highs can make some people nervous. And make showers feel very good.

Old 06-15-2005, 02:52 PM   #6
    bnessa77

bnessa77 HB User

Thanks for the replies. Now that I think about he is usually contispated. You said that "Meth" made him contispated? Also since you were married with him 4 years what other signs did you see?

He also takes quite a bit of showers, well I think so. He takes one in the morning, one when he come from work, one after he eats dinner, and sometimes before he goes to bed. He is usually always hungry. Always eating something. He doesn't taste like chemicals. I will smell like a cigarattes smell coming down from his nose when he is breathing. I've never check to see if his eyes are dialated. I should now. If I notice anything they are red, but thats when he saids and admits that he smoked weed. I know weed is bad but it would really hurt me a lot if he was doing a more strong drug . He is also very skinny - but he is naturally like that. High metablizm.

Last edited by bnessa77; 06-15-2005 at 02:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 06-15-2005, 03:43 PM   #7
    bnessa77

bnessa77 HB User

Thanks for the replies. I do notice that he is constipated a lot. You said that your husband was like that when he used meth? what other sign did you see in your relationship.

He does not taste like chemicals and I have not check his eyes to see if they are dialated. I should now. He takes a lot of shower, I think. Like 3-4 a day. He ate a lot. Always hungry but he is skinning because he has high metablizm.

He knows how detailed I am so I hope he is just not really good at hiding all this and its just me. That would hurt me a lot if I knew he was doing more the just weed. Like a strong drug.

Old 06-15-2005, 05:23 PM   #8
    jessy28
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB User

I am a recovering heroin addict. If his pupils are like little pins then it might be something like herion. But the light makes them do that too. Look at his eyes in the morning when he wakes up and see if his pupils are big. Darkness will make them big and the wearing off of herion too. See if they get drastically smaller after one of his bathroom uses. I used to go in the shower at my mom's house because i figured if she came in the bathroom somehow she surely would not also come in the shower. I also did that when i did cocain. but i was never in the shower when i did that. if he was a beginning user he could be either snorting it, smoking it or shooting it. if he is a beginer you might not see track marks unless you look close and know what you are looking for. My herion used to come in those little bags. i have also gotten every other drug in those too. but if he eats a lot then i would say it is not an upper like meth or coke. if he naps a lot it probably is a downer. sound to me like you are not just over reacting. but if you have been dating that long don't you know if he hangs with people that do that? do you live in a big city? if so, does his where abouts add up or are there missing segments , just enough time to go to a bad part of town to possibly get stuff. On your days off does he find various reasons to leave the house alone?

Old 06-16-2005, 05:38 AM   #9
    lovetractor2
    Inactive
    (male)

lovetractor2 HB User

hello,

1st post but when i was reading this i felt as if you were my girlfriend, explaining the silly behaviors I used to do when i was with her...long showers, running the water when going to the bathroom, feeling great after getting out of the bathroom...these are all things i used to do behind my girlfriends back...He might be sniffing Oxy's, but i may be wrong, just a theory. The water running and spending so much time in the bathroom was so I could cut up an oxy and sniff it on the back of the toilet/sink. Takes a few minutes, but the water drowns out the sound of chopping it up. Check his pupils and see if they look like pin needles. Sexual performance/desire is another way to tell, if he goes extremely long or does not at all, he could be sniffing oxy's. Again this is just my opinion because I did the same stuff to my girlfriend. Wish you luck...also oxy's makes you REALLY constipated

Last edited by lovetractor2; 06-16-2005 at 05:41 AM.

Old 06-19-2005, 09:55 AM   #10
    heyageezer
    (male)

heyageezer HB User

HEROIN SPELL IT LIKE U SAY IT NOT HERION
    HER-O-IN ! HEROIN HEROIN HEROIN slow down and sound it out most words work this way. not to change the subject any,carry on!

Old 06-20-2005, 07:47 PM   #11
    lXerovl
    (male)

lXerovl HB User

Lovetractor2,

I think that you are right on. The toilet paper with the orange/yellow staines on them would be from the 40mg Oxycodone pills, they have a extended release coating on them that is that color, and people who abuse the pills with remove it with toilet paper and little water. From there he could crush them up and snort them, or just swallow them. If you are saying that he will go the the bathroom and be happy about 5 min later I would say he was snorthing them.

Also, about the bags, how big are they? Are they the really small ones that are hard to open with you hands and are less then 1" wide? Just curious

Old 06-20-2005, 07:53 PM   #12
    cartjen
    (female)

cartjen HB User

I feel for you. FOr the last 5 years my boyfriend has been smoking pot and doing various other drugs when he's out with his friends. He's in his 40s. I didn't find out until last December when he came home high on mushrooms. He then broke down and told me he was also hooked on cough syrup. He's been straight for 6 months now, but in a deep deep depression. I wish you all the luck in the world, my friend, I really do.

Old 06-20-2005, 08:10 PM   #13
    Soulcatcher
    Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

Sorry to hear you are getting wrapped up in the "dark world" that he's in. My brother is in that place too. He spends $1000 every two weeks and pawns everything. He is constipated, always broke, lies, steals....it only gets worse. He's not a bad guy in fact, he's funny, and sweet. He has done everything!! Heroin, coke, pills, alcohol, meth, crack...His drug of choice is Meth. He drinks alcohol very little now. Skinny, eats sweets alot. Once they are into it, it's SO difficult for them to get out. The cravings are huge. It's not that you are no longer important it's just that he's sick. You need to make sure that your health is not at risk. God forbid he brings HIV to you or TB or Hep C. They always find something to get them higher because thier drug of choice wears out. You can only do what you can to help until your tired. Do NOT let it get you sucked in. It's a VERY VERY dark place. You'll be in my prayers and do will he.

Old 06-21-2005, 05:00 AM   #14
    hopinghoney
    (female)

hopinghoney HB User

I used to be addicted to meth and when i used a small bag to hold the crystals in, i would cut the edges around it so i could be sure to get all the powder. If meth is smoked it doesn't quite stick like cigarette smoke so the smell doesn't linger and it gives a kind of "body high" and showers make that feeling more prominent. Speed also causes either diarrhea or constipation and possibly crashing (sleeping for 15+ hrs). It also makes people emotional and moody as well. I would check into it a little more though before confronting. You never really know. Take care. I wish you luck.

Old 06-25-2005, 03:18 AM   #15
    thghtsreal
    Inactive
    (male)

thghtsreal HB User

bnessa77, I have to ask...

Are you a drug user yourself?

If not, why are you with a drug user? Life is hell with drug users. If you just see him starting heavy hitter drugs like heroin/coccaine/oxy now, get out now before you are dragged into the depths of hell.

Call his parents from time to time to see how he is doing. You can watch the progression and the deterioration from a safe distance. Eventually, he might turn himself around. It could take years. At that point, you can consider going back to him - and you can be glad you weren't chained to the madness of living with a drug addict during his drug years.

Closed Thread