It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Need Advice About Lexapro Part 2

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-10-2005, 08:56 AM   #61
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User
    Re: Need Advice About Lexapro Part 2

Adam, missed you Glad you are doing better!!!
    Humus is a Greek spread it's so good. It's chick peas, olive oil, Garlic ,lemon and Tahini (greek spice). I think it's good for you but the Pita bread isn't
    I just went to the store and got tons of fruit and salad stuff. I have got to STOP this munchie madness before I look like a omba lumpa

Last edited by Bell99; 06-10-2005 at 08:56 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2005, 09:16 AM   #62
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User

I tell you what my latest obsession is - salads with apple slices, chicken breast, chopped pecans or walnut halves, feta cheese and raspberry vinagerette dressing! And I do mean obsessed! I want to eat them all the time. At least that is a low-fat obsession. I had one of those while in Dallas, and I want them all the time now. With my bad stomach, I can't eat fruit very much, but I sure wish I could, because i love it. When I get to heaven - I will be able to eat anything! YEAH!!

I thought Pita Bread was good for you - and a lower calorie alternative? I have never had it though. I really don't eat much bread, though. But the sweets are killing me these days. I wish we lived near each other and we could to extensive workouts together!

Old 06-10-2005, 09:22 AM   #63
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

{REMOVED}

From the posting rules........."Your username must be anonymous. For your username, do not register your real name or any part of your email address or a website name. To request a one time username change, email your CURRENT username and registered email address with three usernames in order of preference to [email protected] The change will affect all previous posts. Posts are picked up by search engines with world-wide access to any reader."

Please always read the posting rules to see if your board questions are answered there, if they are not, board questions are to be posted on the Membership and Registration Problems board only. Thanks, Ms_Mod

Thank you Ms Mod. I looked on the site and tried to find where you could change your posting name, although I knew it had to be anynomous, I just couldn't find it. Thanks for giving me the instructions on how to do that!

Last edited by wmm; 06-10-2005 at 11:06 AM.

Old 06-10-2005, 09:50 AM   #64
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

Oh tell me about the sweets!!!!
    I just got stuff to make chocolate covered berries and banana's. I figure If I need sweet I better add something healthy to it.
    I took one of those Vit. and it is curbing my appetite, better not make my heart race though
    Wonder why SSRI's give you the munchies? Stinks because I was doing so good at eating healthy and losing weight. I can't afford two pounds a week.

Old 06-10-2005, 11:03 AM   #65
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell, neither can I! My husband is on Prozac now (since November) and he has lost 22 lbs! He never wants to eat. He used to love sweets, and he rarely ever eats any now. Maybe I should try Prozac?? Ok - I am being good right now, I am drinking my Slim Fast. Now if I can do good tonight and be good all weekend, I will be alot better from now on. Us short people can't afford the weight gain!

Old 06-11-2005, 06:51 AM   #66
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Bell and Adam, just wanted you both to be aware of my username change. From now on you will see me as littlejmb. Wanted you both to know it was me!!

Jackie

Old 06-11-2005, 07:34 AM   #67
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

Hi Jackie.... I'll keep a look out for you.

Old 06-11-2005, 07:43 AM   #68
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell, good morning! I wanted to ask you how the Ginkgo was working for you? I just saw a post on the anxiety boards from someone that said they were on Lexapro and lost their bf because their sex drive went away. I suggested they try the Ginkgo, and thought, hmmm... wonder how it was helping you?

I think we've been under so much stress this week, neither one of us has thought about sex. I'm giving to my hubby too now, to see if it helps you.

Last edited by msmod; 06-11-2005 at 08:37 AM.

Old 06-11-2005, 08:00 AM   #69
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

I don't know if the Ginko is doing much but I figure it can't hurt right.

Last edited by msmod; 06-11-2005 at 08:38 AM.

Old 06-11-2005, 08:06 AM   #70
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Right! I actually think I has less sex drive on the 5mg than on the 10mg, which is rather crazy, I think. Anyway with all this stress of family/freinds/money issues, I went back on 10mg yesterday. I felt so stressed and like crying yesterday. I had me a glass of Chardonnay when I got home and cooked dinner and crashed. Hubby is off dealing with his friend right now. His wife asked him to go with her to the hospital to get him. He was so disruptive they were going to call the police and take him to jail if they didn't. Don't know what will happen when he gets home.

What kind of doctor would take you off of Paxil cold turkey? they must be insane, I knew he would go crazy without his med. I feel for his wife and kids. I really worry about it. I told my husband we need to go away for the weekend so no one can bother us!

Old 06-11-2005, 08:40 AM   #71
    msmod

msmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB User

Last warning Ladies. Please stay on topic. Giving advice about Lexapro has nothing to do with giving out recipes. Thanks, ms_mod

Old 06-13-2005, 05:40 AM   #72
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Good morning Bell

Hope you had a good weekend! I had a really stressful one (huband's friend went off his rocker and had to be arrested Saturday). Very long story, but remember I said he had to go off Paxil cold turkey? Well - I knew this was going to happen. More stress on my husband because he's involved in it. I am feeling better since I upped my Lexapro back up to 10mg. Do you still think you are going to have to go up to a higher dose?

I did really good this weekend on eating, I wasn't as hungry. I am hoping that levels off. I weighed again though and I was up to 102 This is getting serious! If I continue to gain, I will not be able to stay on Lexapro, I will have to try Wellbutrin since it usually makes you lose and doesn't have the sexual side affects either. I was wondering - have you ever tried it? Any advice is surely welcome!

Jackie

Old 06-14-2005, 08:28 AM   #73
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

I have never tried Wellbuterin but I bet there is loads of info on these boards.
    Still have the hunger from the Lexapro. I am trying to take long walks at night and watch the portion sizes.
    My Dr. doesn't believe in switching from med to med. He still won't let me stop the buspar!
    All in all I am very happy with the Lexapro (besides the hunger) but may want to take a higher does?

Old 06-14-2005, 08:42 AM   #74
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Bell, I am starving today, and I don't think I am feeling as well either. Hard to describe, but just not as calm and even feeling like before. I thought it was because I had cut back on mine, but I've been on full dose again since Friday, and I'm still feeling this way. Kind of jittery inside and feeling like crying, but yet I don't feel sad. Weird - huh?!!

I know you go back to the doctor tomorrow, so you will find out if he wants you to up your dosage. Maybe he will eventually let you stop the buspar. Then maybe your hunger won't be as bad. I have forgotten - do you suffer from depression too - or just anxiety?

Oh - I forgot to tell you - I went motorcycle riding with my husband this weekend. It was alot of fun. I rode alot with him last year, but then the thought of that scared me really bad, but I got the urge to ride this weekend. That too shows that I am better emotionally

Jackie

Old 06-14-2005, 08:50 AM   #75
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

Sorry you feel bad. Maybe it was from adjusting the med period?
    Can you get to the Dr. sooner?

I didn't think I had depression but when I took his test I sure did. Of course now the way I feel on the Lexapro I can definetly say yes indeed I was depressed. Most of the depression though for me was caused by the panic and anxiety and anger at the way IT made me feel all the time.
    I feel like on a scale of 1-100 I am at a 85. Before I would have said 40 at best.

Closed Thread