It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Need Advice About Lexapro Part 2

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-16-2005, 05:44 AM   #91
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User
    Re: Need Advice About Lexapro Part 2

Girls - I kept trying to post last night and it wouldn't let me!

FYI - Ginkgo does not affect BC pills, but I found out that St. John's Wort does, so if you take that, be careful. I am sure that you know that some antibiotics do that as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2005, 08:06 AM   #92
    mjewell
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

Thanks for the info. I am going to try the gingko.

Old 06-17-2005, 08:11 AM   #93
    zak7
    (female)

zak7 HB User

Hi Guys,

My name is Zak and I saw the thread on Lexapro. Today marks the 2nd week I have been on Lexapro, this last week was upped to 10 mg dosage. I am also feeling a lot better, I have more energy during the day and am waking up with more energy also. I just have to get through some quick bouts with anxiety that soon wear off. It is nice - I don't feel so bogged down anymore as if I have to do it all myself. I think there is a potential of this really working for me, especially as I get ready to go back to school.

Old 06-17-2005, 08:38 AM   #94
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Zak

I am so glad the Lexapro is working good for you too. It has made a huge difference in my life. I feel 100% better - my whole emotional outlook has changed. It's amazing how different you feel about life and handle things when you're in the "right" place emotionally, isn't it!

Old 06-17-2005, 09:42 AM   #95
    zak7
    (female)

zak7 HB User

Hi Little,

Yes, it is amazing what a difference it makes. I feel totally different with a new outlook. It has been a great learning experience.

Old 06-17-2005, 11:00 AM   #96
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Zak, it has for me too. Is this the first time you have tried an AD? It is for me. I was just super lucky that the first one I tried worked for me - and with very low sideaffects. Some of the side affects I actually miss! Like the super energy - I felt like I was zinging - kinda hyper. I need to be more hyper, lol Sorry for the slow response, but I am at work and can only get on here every now and then!

Old 06-17-2005, 05:21 PM   #97
    zak7
    (female)

zak7 HB User

Hey LittleJMB,

Yes, this is the first time I have taken an AD, and it has been much needed, probably for the past 5 years! I am crossing my fingers too that Lexapro will be the one for me and not have to go through all of those trials with other drugs.
    By the way, what is your name? Are you in CA?
    I am in southern CA and am a grad student. You?

Old 06-17-2005, 06:18 PM   #98
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Zak, I am in Mississippi just outside of Memphis, TN. My name is Jackie, my name on here is that because I am very little, 4'10". I am afriad that I am way past the collage phase. I graduated from college in 1976!

You know, if you are doing so well on Lexapro, I bet you won't have to try another AD. I felt better within two days - pretty much miraculous, I think. It's good not to feel the way I did before. I had become so depressed and anxious, I just couldn't go on that way. My whole life has changed for the better now. I resisted taking anything for a long time, but finally realized I had to do something because I was getting scared, as I kept getting deeper into depression. That is NOT fun!!

Old 06-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #99
    zak7
    (female)

zak7 HB User

That is true, I do see my life getting better. I am less obsessive and have begun to be able to lay down and relax and watch tv again, I watched my first rented movie in a long time!

How long have you been on lexapro? Was this also your first AD?

Old 06-18-2005, 06:37 AM   #100
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Zak, I have been on Lex since the first week in March, going on four months now. Yes, this is my first experience with an AD. I was rather leery of trying Lexapro because my husband's friend was on it last year, and it made him really mean. I was scared it would do that to me too But the other choice he gave me was Paxil - and I've had too many friends that were on that, and their sexual side affects were so bad, I knew I didn't want to go anywhere near that one!! So - I tried the Lexapro - being very scared of it, but within two days I could see a huge difference in my emotions. I no longer felt like crying all the time and I actually felt happy. It felt so good - because before, everything seemed hopeless and I just felt so empty. I know what you mean about the obsessive feelings, my mind would seem to get stuck on things and not let go. Mostly things that distressed me. Now things can happen, I get over it quickly and move on - my mind does not get stuck there. That used to drive me crazy, or should I say, I would drive myself crazy with those obsessive thoughts!

I just had problems with nausea in the beginning, but I started taking it in the morning with a light breakfast rather than at night and that went away. That was probably really the only bad side affect I had at first, other than my mind seemed to be going 100 miles an hour, but that went away after a while and everything leveled out.

As you continue to take it, you will continue to feel better. You, my friend, are on the road to being whole again!

Jackie

Old 06-27-2005, 11:04 AM   #101
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell, just checking in with you. Haven't seen you around for a while. How are you doing now? Are you almost off the Buspar and doing ok?

My hungry spell has leveled off now and I'm pretty much back to normal. Glad that didn't last! Who knows, it might not have been the Lexapro at all, and I just thought it was.

I drove quite a long ways on the interstate today, and didn't think twice about it, so that is definitely getting better. Have you ventured out yet?

Haven't heard from Adam in a long time either. I haven't seen him posting on the boards, so he must be doing good!

Take care,

Jackie

Old 06-27-2005, 12:15 PM   #102
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

Hi Jackie. My eating leveled off too, Thank goodness! Tappering off buspar is helping with that. It gave me the munchies real bad.
    I am tappering off 5mg every two weeks so it will be a while. I take ten off this week so far just 5. I am taking 30 all together so it will take a while.
    Well the Lexapro is helping with so much but I still don't want to take off to another town, My In town driving is much better though.

Old 06-27-2005, 12:43 PM   #103
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I'm glad the munchies leveled off for you too. That was awful for me! Do you still think you need to up the Lexapro? I took your advice and got the 20mg and splitting them in half so they will last me two months. Helps out on the finances! How about the Ginkgo? It's working great for me

Right now I have an absessed tooth, been hurting really bad since Saturday and taking the antibiotics now and have to start a root canal July 11. Let's see how the Lex helps with my fear of dental work!!

Old 06-27-2005, 12:53 PM   #104
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

Oh don't even get me going on fear of dental work YIKES. Yes I would like to up it a little at a time. For some reason this Dr. is doing this nonscense of come back in a month and I will give you samples. I don't know which is cheaper going and paying the co pay or paying for a script. It's like he just wants my money and wants me to keep coming back.
    I am doing fine on that end. I don't really take the Ginko. Like you I take lot's of supplements and it's hard to remember one more.

Old 06-27-2005, 05:01 PM   #105
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ah, so I'm not the only one with dental work anxiety, huh? That's good to know. I feel like such a big baby.

As far as the Ginkgo, I never forget about that supplement - because I know what the consequence of me not taking it are

Wish we'd hear from Adam - like I said, he must be doing good, since he hasn't posted in a long time. That's a good thing tho- he was really having some problems.

Closed Thread