It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Whats your Daily SKin Care Regimen? Every one has unique Combonations!!!! PLZ SHARE!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-09-2003, 07:11 AM   #16
    patienceandreward

patienceandreward HB User
    Wink

Great topic http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif

Prior to the below-mentioned regime, moderate acne: 30+ whiteheads, 2-3 cysts, blackheads all over nose.

Now, 100% clear using:

am:
    1) Wash w/Neutrogena gentle foaming cleanser
    2) Paula's Choice 1% BHA all over face (used for 4 months)
    3) Paula's 2.5% BP used only on bumps (used for 4 months)
    4) Roche's Active C all over face as moisturizer (used for almost 1 month)

p.m.
    Same as a.m. but replace 2) with Alpha Hydrox 10% Oil-Free AHA (used for 4 months)

For further detail, pls refer to my recent post w/the topic, "Finally beautiful skin without oral medication".

Best wishes to everyone!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2003, 10:23 AM   #17
    stasia12
    Veteran

stasia12 HB User
    I currently use Clean and Clear Senstive foaming cleanser, followed by application of Paula's Two percent bha solution in oily areas, then I out either Neutrogena's 2.5% bp or Oxy's five percent Bp on existing pimpls that havent erupted yet. Every other or every day if I feel I need to, I put Milk of magnesia on as a facial mask to absorb oil. I never use moisturizer on my face unless I have been in the sun or it is so dry that it is peeling-which is very rare. Thats it. Once in awhile I will put fresh aloe vera on red marks to help them heal.

Old 08-09-2003, 12:06 PM   #18
    Peaches26
    (female)

Peaches26 HB User
    My routin is:
    Morning wash face with Purpose Gentle Cleansing wash then use Azlelex all over skin. Let that sit for a few then apply Purpose Dual Treatment Moisturizer. Then of course my makeup. Azelex is cool because you can wear it under makeup.
    I do the same thing at night. I also exfoliate with St. Ives apricot scrub every few days.

Old 08-10-2003, 04:54 AM   #19
    T-zone

T-zone HB User
    My regime is simply to stick to my diet and a gentle facial wash that does not irritate my skin. I could rub my face on my dog before I go to bed and still be fine.

Old 06-29-2005, 01:58 PM   #20
    Lalli
    Inactive
    (female)

Lalli HB User
    Re: Whats your Daily SKin Care Regimen? Every one has unique Combonations!!!! PLZ SHARE!!

I have DRY/sensitive skin. I HAD moderate acne and had been prescribed Minocycline, Bactrim, Tazorac, and Triaz. None worked for me. The type of acne I had was inflammatory and whiteheads, lots of them. The following is what I did to CURE my acne. Some of it goes against what everyone tells you. But I get on average, 1 zit every week and a half, and they're not red and itchy, they don't come to the surface, don't hurt, and go away within 2-3 days.

Olay Frag Free Total Effects 7x moisturizer
    St. Ives Hydroxy peel-off Masque 2x a week
    Nutribiotic Cleanser w/grapefruit seed extract - leaves no residue at all
    Nature's Cure 5% benzoyl peroxide cream (i don't take the pills anymore)
    Neosporin! I put a little on my finger and DAB it on dry areas and scar areas, and anywhere I see fit. I DO NOT AT ALL break out from it. I used to use mineral oil on my face and I liked that a lot better than jojoba...

Vitamins:
    Vitamin A&D - 10,000 IU
    Vitamin C 500mg
    Vitamin E 400mg

All that has cured my moderate acne. I had extensive scarring and my face is almost "normal" looking. My acne was the worst it had ever been in February 2005. In march, after using these products, I no longer had acne. From reading stuff on here and education myself, and spending money and trying things out, I cured my own acne. Keep in mind, everyone has different skin, so what worked for me might not work for others. But it's worked beautifully for me.

I don't know what I'd do without those products. As a side note, the Olay stuff has really really made the tiny wrinkles around my eyes almost non-existent. The masque has made my skin soooo smoooth, and the soap is just amazing, my face actually feels clean! They also make a moisturizing Nutribiotic cleanser, but theres no need for it.

One of the key things I do, is I don't rub my face at all. I don't rub in the moisturizer, In the palm of my hand i mix the nature's cure stuff and the Olay, then pat it on my face and neck. Let it dry, then pat on neosporin.

Old 06-29-2005, 08:21 PM   #21
    Takara
    Inactive

Takara HB User
    Re: Whats your Daily SKin Care Regimen? Every one has unique Combonations!!!! PLZ SHARE!!

I have oily skin, which is now clear. I used to have a ton of whiteheads all the time but now I don't.

Epionce lytic cleanser
    Epionce lytic lotion
    Epionce Renewal lite lotion

These 3 steps twice a day have cleared my skin completely. Oh and I use Arbonn eye cream which has gotten rid of my dark circles.

Old 06-29-2005, 10:02 PM   #22
    SparkZ

SparkZ HB User

Morning:
    Take Murad pure skin supplement
    wash body with murad acne body wash
    wash face with murad clarifying cleanser
    apply murad clarifying cleanser
    apply murad exfoliating acne treatment gel alternating with Murad age spot and pigment lightening gel every other day
    apply murad spot treatment
    apply murad skin perfecting lotion
    apply murad oil free sunblock spf 15 sheer tint for face
    apply makeup

Night:
    repeat morning except for I only take a show in the morning so I only wash with the murad body wash once a day

Every other day:
    at night apply murad clarifying mask

My skin is 100% clear and the age spot and pigment lightening gel is helping to fade my scars dramatically and I've only used it for a week or 2.

Old 07-01-2005, 03:45 PM   #23
    stasia12
    Veteran

stasia12 HB User

right now:

clean and cleanser foaming cleanser for sensitive skin morniing, alternated
    with st ives apricot exofoliating scrub
    neutrogena 2/5% bp on zits
    apple cider vinegar toner (just vinegar diluted with water)
    when my face dries completely, i use paula's choice spf non greasy sunscreen, this is my only moisturizer,
    almost every day I use a pure fullers earth or french green clay mask , the clay is only mixed with water, on my forehead and tzone and anywhere that seems oily

Ill be honest and say lots of times i forget to wash my face at nite cuz i fall asleep , so , but when do I omit everything above except the cleanser and the bp where needed.

Old 07-02-2005, 01:09 AM   #24
    tracy0021
    (female)

tracy0021 HB User

A.M. clean n clear foaming face wash for sensitive skin, swipe an oxy pad around to tone, then apply curel ultra healing mousturiser. P.M. clean n clear foaming wash for sensitive skin, loreal microdermabrasion scrub, 1 oxy pad, apply retin-a, apply curel mousturiser.

Old 07-02-2005, 04:49 AM   #25
    Baby_hands
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baby_hands HB User

1. Have a warm shower to soften my skin and remove most of my makeup.
    2. I pour about 3 sips worth of low fat milk into a cup.
    3. Then I get cotton wool make-up pads, dap them in the milk and lightly wipe my face until there is no more dirt. Then I just rinse my face with lukewarm water until all the milk is gone.

Thats it for me.

Old 07-06-2005, 12:08 AM   #26
    beautifulblue
    (female)

beautifulblue HB User

Morning:
    Neutrogena Soap bar
    Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion with SPF

Night:
    Neutrogena soap bar
    One capsul of Vitamin A

Old 07-06-2005, 08:34 AM   #27
    LOtRsfan
    (female)

LOtRsfan HB User

right now i'm using:
    - Biore - Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser. feels nice on the skin, gives this menthol feeling to the skin, not sure if its that that's taking the redness and inflamation of spots away or the Free Derm product.
    - Bio-Oil treatment (as a Moisturiser, and help my scarring) this could take ages until i see results on my scarring, not sure if theres an improvement or not
    - Free Derm gel (to help reduce the inflamation to pimples and acne) all the spots are still there, but are not inflamed and really red

Old 07-06-2005, 12:49 PM   #28
    suzyshop1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

suzyshop1 HB User

Right now my face is completely clear.Ive been using=am.cetaphil antibacterial soap and clindamycin.In the middle of the afternoon i wash again with cetaphil antibacterial soap reapply clindamycin.In the pm i wash with cetaphil antibacterial soap again ,then apply retin-a micro and im done for the night.

Old 07-06-2005, 04:52 PM   #29
    mblacks2
    (female)

mblacks2 HB User

I use the Proactiv solution system morning and night and it seems to do wonders!! And it is great for sensitive skin! And they mail it to you every 2 months so you don't have to go out and buy it!

Closed Thread