It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• best facial wash

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-21-2005, 10:36 PM   #1
    remyzero

remyzero HB User
    Unhappy best facial wash

hey all,

i'm on accutane now and i'm wondering what the best face wash i could use is?

thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2005, 11:05 PM   #2
    ~charlotte08~
    (female)

~charlotte08~ HB User
    Re: best facial wash

i just wanna ask is accutane working cause I might start using it in a few weeks. The best face wash is probably contains Benzoyl Perozide.

Old 07-23-2005, 10:39 PM   #3
    Demetrios
    (male)

Demetrios HB User

For me, the best face wash that I have ever used is murad cleanser for problem skin.
    In the years of experience that I have had, never has a cleanser made my skin feel so, well, clean!!! and fresh. However if you are on accutane, ask your derm if it is too strong of a cleanser.
    Good Luck!!!

Old 07-24-2005, 08:25 AM   #4
    Cassie4u22
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

NO BENZOYL! NO SALICYLIC ACID! NO SULPHUR! NO TRICLOSAN! NO SCRUBS! You MUST be gentle on your skin while on Accutane, or you run the chance of scarring, since your skin is extremely fragile and thin right now. I know it's tempting to want to combat any breakouts you have or try and dodge the initial breakout with spot treatments etc, but trust me, it's not gonna work. You will end up causing your skin much more harm if you aren't gentle with it!

Use Cetaphil for sensitive skin, or choose another sensitive skin cleanser of your choice that doesn't contain any of the above ingredients! Trust me!

Old 07-24-2005, 07:23 PM   #5
    remyzero

remyzero HB User

thanks cassie!

i just got some facial wash with salicylic acid and at the end of the day my skin wants to expliode. i'll go get some Cetaphil tomorrow! thanks so so so much! btw, what mosturizer is best when using accutane? any suggestions? also, is it ok to rub off dead skin in the shower with a face cloth? will i make things worse that way? if i don't rub every morning i look like a freak afterwards lol my face gets all white with dry skin! moisturizer just isn't enough!

thanks again! take care

Old 07-24-2005, 07:35 PM   #6
    nm80

nm80 HB User

I use azelex and differin and im taking amphicilin pills. If I am using a clean and clear with that benzoyl in it maybe ocne a day before putting it on..is that too hard on my skin? I remember my derm saying i can use soap before to cleanse but i could "work my way" up to something with ben. per. in it..any thoughts?? THANKS

Old 07-24-2005, 07:53 PM   #7
    Constant
    Inactive
    (female)

Constant HB User

Aveeno now puts out an ultracalming facial foam cleanser that contains feverfew. It is incredibly calming.

I recently came off of a host of CNS medications and went through horrible physical withdrawals. One of the side effects was a puritis type breakout that was horrible (on my face). It was as if I had second degree burns over my entire face. To make matters worse, these blisters would burst as they would fill up with a milky white fluid (lymphatic no doubt). It was unbearably painful.

My dermatologist recommended this aveeno product and the pharmacist concurred. It was amazing how the cleanser immediately took away the pain. They also have a moisturizer with feverfew however moisturizer can exacerbate an acne flare.

My experience. Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Constant For This Useful Post:
    Sunsetnan (02-01-2011)
    Old 07-25-2005, 01:38 AM   #8
    Ngfan4lyfe
    (male)

Ngfan4lyfe HB User

Cetaphil is the best facial wash. TRUST ME. I've tried it all, the next thing up would be Johnson & Johnson face wash, but sometimes that can dry you out... even though it's soap free and all of that. Two best washes right there. I've tried it all!

Old 07-25-2005, 09:13 AM   #9
    primo1
    (male)

primo1 HB User

cetaphil and neutrogena extra gentle is the best cleanser for me. just be sure it's gentle.

Closed Thread