It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-06-2005, 06:05 PM   #61
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

So many questions!

Okay, Ngfan4lyfe - No, I'm not Greek, but I guess I do prefer continential dishes to standard British fare I get the pills from Holland & Barrett, a health store on the UK high street. As midnightdoom1 has pointed out, you can also get them from GNC which I believe is a US company. And I don't know of other methods to cleanse your digestive system. I'm really no expert. All I can suggest if you have doubts about my regimen is that you try your own things - that's how I came across my personal solution! It's no good moaning about acne - you've got to try different things! That's a general statement, by the way, not directed only at you.

Interesting research, midnightdoom1. It seems to support what I have found. As I've said before, Bentonite Clay was recommended when I first started my regimen, but I couldn't find it so I resorted to the Activated Charcoal... and the rest is history Unfortunately, I don't know whether the liquid form is better or not. Personally, I would avoid a liquid form because I bet it tastes foul! Also, it does seem that Lactobacillus casei is important. So to anyone considering alternative probiotics, I would suggest finding one that contains that particular culture to ensure desirable results. I'm afraid I still haven't come across one available in the US, though

Hi pr0ps I don't have excessively oily skin - it's mainly my forehead that gets greasy. And to be honest I don't think my regimen has altered the oiliness. I still have to blot it with paper now and then and I wear an oil-control moisturiser. I don't mind this because oily skin is less prone to wrinkles and I really want to maintain my baby skin for as long as possible. In the early years of my acne I believed that the answer to preventing new breakouts was to dry my skin out as much as possible (mainly with BP) which led to premature wrinkling. Now I am slowly working towards making those wrinkles plump themselves back out. So I am glad that my regimen doesn't reduce oil production.

Hello, renee111 I understand your concerns. If you haven't eaten for 36 hours then I would break your fast and enjoy some food. You've done the hard work. When you do need the toilet then the supplements will work their magic and you should see a noticeable difference in your stool as you eliminate the waste that has accumulated and previously refused to budge from your system. That's the inital "boost" to help the positive side-effects (regarding your skin) to take hold. Then as you continue the dosage, you will be preventing a further build-up of stagnant waste. Give it time and not only will you feel cleansed inside, but your skin will start to glow. I've got my fingers crossed for you

Please keep the updates coming guys!

EV

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2005, 06:50 PM   #62
    health15
    (female)

health15 HB User

I just read through most of this thread. I'm thinking of trying this, but I'm not sure if I need a colon cleanse or a liver cleanse. This type of colon cleanse does get rid of toxins in the body, so I think, it would also help the liver as well. Probiotics are also recommended for liver cleansing too I think. I already have a pretty healthy diet (I'm a partial vegetarian and my only meat is fish), I exercise regularily, and already have 2-3 bowel movements a day.
    I think I may try the initial fast with the pills and slowly work back into my regular diet minus my chocolate (if I can handle it!). It was pretty clear when and how to take the Activated charccoal and the P. Husks, but when would I take the probiotics? I bought some at Trader Joes in the US and I will get the other stuff at GNC.
    I also have a question about the fasting stage. I read in one detox book to put a small amount of organic apple juice in your water when trying to detox. It helps the water to be more quickly used by the body. A little glucose would be helpful too I think.
    Thanks.

Last edited by health15; 08-06-2005 at 06:51 PM.

Old 08-06-2005, 07:12 PM   #63
    lampwick

lampwick HB User

Would you recommend internal cleansing to someone that is really skinny and already has several bowel movements a day if he has acne?

Old 08-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #64
    health15
    (female)

health15 HB User

Lampwick. Yeah, that was kind of what I was wondering too. I'm thin, eat healthy, exercise, have several bowel movements a day and still have acne. I don't think a colon cleanse would hurt, but I was wondering if maybe we would benefit more from a detox of the liver. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Old 08-06-2005, 08:38 PM   #65
    Ngfan4lyfe
    (male)

Ngfan4lyfe HB User

What exact pills do I need to buy again? I can't read all the information, I don't have the time... Does anyone have info on cleansing your liver out too or whatever?

Old 08-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #66
    midnightdoom1
    (male)

midnightdoom1 HB User

Back with a follow up, I have now found a source for Lactobacillus casei. The name of the company and product is BioK+ (plus). A quick run down of this product is, it contains "50 billion" cells with strains of Lb. acidophilus & Lb. casei. They have a regular drink, flavoured drink, and dairy free drink as well as capsules. The price I do not know yet as I just happened to find the site 10 minutes ago and it is not listed. Although, on the site you can go to your state/province and it will tell you where it is sold.

So if you are from Canada or United States, you can get the Psyllium Seed Husks and Activated Charcoal at GNC and BioK+, well you will have to check that yourself.

Old 08-07-2005, 12:48 AM   #67
    primo1
    (male)

primo1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lampwick
    Would you recommend internal cleansing to someone that is really skinny and already has several bowel movements a day if he has acne?
    hi, i suggest reading the "ACNE: The New Theory" thread (i think it's still in page 1). it kind of says, "fast metabolism = less cleanly." i think that fits right in your situation.

Last edited by primo1; 08-07-2005 at 12:52 AM.

Old 08-08-2005, 02:55 AM   #68
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User

Hey.. i guess i'll give this a shot.. so basicly just get the pills, dont eat for a day or so.. only the pills and water.. then take the pills everyday.. anyone else had success with this?

Old 08-08-2005, 08:54 AM   #69
    Constant
    Inactive
    (female)

Constant HB User

Oh GOD!!! Oh GOD!!!!!!

DO NOT BUY PHION CLEANZ!!!

IT TASTE LIKE DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-08-2005, 10:31 AM   #70
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

ErasmusValidus,
    I'm so glad that this thread is taking off! My view on all of this is basically that it appears that theres 3 levels, each one bringing you closer to your "cure". Depending on how far you want or need to go in treating your acne condition one would only:

* Mask/Treat The Symptom - Topical Treatments, Antibiotics, certain meds & supplements

* Control/Prevent The Reaction - Food avoidance/restrictions, avoidances of certain chemicals, irritants etc

* Cure The Problem(s) - Cleanse/Detox (to rid what damaged/overburdened intestines & liver), Heal Leaky Gut & Liver Flushes

So obviously as you and others are finding out, if you can properly cleanse your insides, you may be able to eat certain foods again! However, one must continue a mantenance program if they plan on continuing to eat certain foods. The various toxins will build right up and acne will appear again, which is a sign that it's time for you to do another liver flush and associated cleansing protocol.

To answer a few members question about the colon cleanse, this has nothing to do with how fast a metabolism you have, how much you weigh, nor how frequently/regularly you go to the restroom. As long as you are eating (inorganic) food, cooking in non-stick pans, heating in plastic containers, using hair sprays, using anti-perspirants (aluminum), eating from TV Dinners or Canned Foods (toxic coatings), smoking or passively smoking (second hand smoke), etc you will need to cleanse your body. In fact, a few days ago there was a report on USA Today about the tiny hormone mimickers found in chemicals that help produce the above products and how they contribute to increased cancer risk, birth defects, etc so we all should at the very least be on a maintenance program. ;-)

As far as the cleansing go, there is a difference:

Bowel Management - if you aren't regular taking soluble fiber (various types or eating more fruits & veggies), more water, and/or mucilegenic herbs should help with this. This will get rid of what toxins are in your fecal matter and may relieve some of your acne for those constipated, but from what I'm aware this is not an actual true cleanse

Parasiite Cleanse - if you've tried other cleanses and you still have problems you may want to considerate a parasite cleanse. If you live in a country where parasites are more common, you may want to do a cleanse. If you have pets, eat raw or undercooked meat & fish, and as well as eating fruits from other countries (not all have the same standards) or drinking water that has not been treated (river water, pond water, etc), you may want to consier this. Of course you can go to your doctor or a naturopath to get tested however you would have to do a series of test because parasites may not show up on the first search. Reason for cleanse: Parasites will steal your nutrients, emit toxins, and aggrevate your insides and possibly contribue to Leaky Gut Syndrome (why the food sensitivites).

Anti-Candida Cleanse- Unfortunately, anyone that has taken antiboitics may be at risk. This is especially true for women, those taking birth control, those eating processed foods high in sugar, those with mercury fillings, those at risk for or are diabetics, as well as acne sufferers. Why acne sufferer? Well, lol, because most have probably taken antibiotics beyond the regular treatment period ( 2 weeks) to "treat" acne which is NEVER ever going to work! So while a very small percent of people may actually have a Primary bacterial infection that causeed their acne, the majority of us did not (don't listen to all that stuff about p.acnes). Yet, the majority of us may now have a Secondary infection as result of misusing and abusing antibiotics, which has actually helped create these additional bacterial and/or fungal problems in the body (check pubmed). Reason for cleanse: Similar to parasites, but they can also mess with your energy levels, your mood, cause constant vaginal infections, oral infections (thrush), ear infections, among others as well as contributing to a Leaky Gut.

Colon Cleanse - Aside from what I mentioned about, the Reason for cleanse: Cleanses the toxins in your system before doing any of the othe rmntioned cleanses in this post. Also you cleanse your system immediately after doing these cleanses or else your colon will reabsorb the toxins, excess hormones etc and you may experience a "Healing Crisis" A Healing criss can be anything from mood swings, fatigue, headaches, to skin detox reactions (rashes, acne etc). So it is VITAL to do colon cleases before and after each cleansing/detox procedure.

Liver Flush - this is a bit complicated to explain but regardless of whatever those multi colored stones are that one passes, the point is that it works somehow to relieve symptoms. The liver can become so overburdened with toxins that it will store them in our body fat and/or in bile to take care of for later. Problem is later never comes, because we are always consuming toxins and most of us beyond what we should normally consume or come in contact with (remember USA today article). Reason for cleanse: The stones passed are supposed be composed of the bile and may contain food proteins/antigens, bacteria, fungus, and sometimes parasites (liver flukes). Most members don't ever see parasites (most are in microscopic stages), but for those that are especally sick and did any of the afformentioned regarding parasite infestation, you may. Liver flushing also helps relieve problems with a leaky gut because whenever we burn that fat with those stored toxins they can help irritate our gut lining as well as the bacteria or parasites that are found/trapped in our bile. One must pass at least 1000 stones apparently in order to be relieved of most of their symptoms (midway should allow for consumption of certain foods) and then following a maintence program should suffice.

There are a few other cleanses but these are the big ones I've seen members follow. This particular thread focuses on Colon Cleansing and well actually absorbing toxins found in the colon. Anyone purchasing colong cleansing kits may find that they contain additional ingredients to help further detoxify (heavy metal detoxifiers) and/or enable the ability to quickly pass through our digestive system, nto our colon and out of the body. The faster you can do this, the less chance of a healing crisis. Thus why some members opt to do enemas/colonics in conjunction.

A Note of Caution:

P&B Shakes - Known as Psyillium & Bentonite Clay. Bentonite clay contains aluminum, but this could be remedied by taking heavy metal detoxifiers such as cilantro! If you don't use the proper amounts you may end up with a product that's like cement. Thus it won't pass quickly and you may end up being constipated. It's generally safe to use 1tablespoon of Psyllium per glass of water. Do several a day, at the same time everyday, if you want more cleansing for a period of time (5 - 10 days) and then stop for that month or your body may become addicted.

P&C or PAC shakes - Psyllium & Activated Charcoal, same as above applies. However activated charcoal is used when you don't want to use Bentonite if you already have a system with too much aluminum in it.

To prevent that cement occurance one would add oils such as Coconut oil (this will kill bacteria, parasites, fungus), Grapeseed Oil (antiodants), Olive Oil or Liquid EFAs for a gel-like substance. Along with mucilegenic herbs such as Fennel, Fenugreek, Slippery Elm, Marshmallow Root, Aloe vera gel/liquid (& ground up okra) for more slip factor. I guess you can actually combine both Bentonite and Activated Charcoal if you like. You can also add in Psyllium, Apple Pectin other soluble fibers to the mix. Thus why one ends up bying those kits. But if you can't afford $75 for a 5 - 9 day colon cleanse you can make one yourself and even add in ingredients that will help rebalance your bodies natural flora.

Those are my thoughts at least. Erasmus, have you ever tried anything else mentioned in this post? Also how old are you and how long did you suffer with acne?

Thanks and wish you guys the best!

Last edited by SweetJade1; 08-08-2005 at 06:39 PM.

Old 08-08-2005, 11:01 AM   #71
    primo1
    (male)

primo1 HB User

*hands down to sweetjade and erimusvalidus. lol

Last edited by primo1; 08-08-2005 at 11:07 AM.

Old 08-08-2005, 11:31 AM   #72
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

hi sweetjade, i have a question for you because it confuses me a little. i have a friend who eats lots of junk foods, canned foods, smokes daily, drink beers once a week, etc, yet he has clear skin. i mean he doesn't have a single acne! i know there is an explanation so i asked you ('cause i know you're the expert). thanks.

Last edited by Anonym0us; 08-08-2005 at 11:34 AM.

Old 08-08-2005, 11:50 AM   #73
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Anonym0us
    hi sweetjade, i have a question for you because it confuses me a little. i have a friend who eats lots of junk foods, canned foods, smokes daily, drink beers once a week, etc, yet he has clear skin. i mean he doesn't have a single acne! i know there is an explanation so i asked you ('cause i know you're the expert). thanks.
    LOL, I am hardly the expert but as best as I know, it's because your friend isn't genetically programmed to express skin reactions, or at least not acne. Although, if he ever crossed a certain tolerance threshold, he may get a pimple ;-)

Most skin problems are a sign that there is something (chronically) irritating or imbalanced in or on the body. This is why myself and some others, mainly anyone that has seen results from dietary changes and detoxes, feel that in a way acne sufferers are "lucky". We are lucky because our body lets us KNOW when there is something wrong in our external or internal environment. Those of us that choose to actually listen and make the appropriate adjustments, may also benefit from increased health and possibly prevent additional health problems from worsening or occuring.

Unfortunately, because your friend doesn't have such an obvious sign that there is something "wrong" (may have other signs), he may one day wake up with Asthma, Emphysema, Lung Cancer, Cholesterolnemia, Heart Disease, Insulin Resistance, Type II Diabetes, Thyroid problems, Peridonititis, Osteoporosis, or even Colon Cancer. In fact, he's already at risk for most of the above problems just because he smokes!

Remember the rising health problems of today are deemed "preventable diseases" and all of his habits are unneccessary and as such, the associated health problems from each vice are thus, preventable as well. Granted other positive lifestyle factors may help prevent disease occurance for him, but if one doesn't have strong enough genes to fight these diseases, altering your environment (diet, exercise, reduced exposure to toxins, etc) is still your best fighting chance.

Did that help clear things up a bit? ;-)

Last edited by SweetJade1; 08-08-2005 at 12:12 PM.

Old 08-08-2005, 02:27 PM   #74
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User

Hey i got the psyllium husk and actived charcoal.. but i couldnt find the Yakult.. should i got ahead and proceed with it even without the yakult?

lol i'm looking at this charcoal wondering how it can be good for you??..

oh should i expect to breakout right while or after i'm cleaning myself out? or will i be ok?

Last edited by soupyhead; 08-08-2005 at 02:33 PM.

Old 08-08-2005, 05:40 PM   #75
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Hi All Phew, lots of discussion since I last checked in! As always, I'll try to respond to everyones' queries.

Hi health15, you sound like someone who's already learnt how to reduce the severity of their acne through diet. I hope this can help you! I take my dose of probiotics every day. Perhaps I could afford to only take it every other day, but I don't want to risk losing progress. Regarding the apple juice during the fasting period, I haven't heard that personally. But I do know that apples are considered one of the safest foods to eat during an elimination diet (whereby you eliminate foods to discover which ones cause new acne), so I don't think it could do any harm. And a bit of fructose will help prevent fatigue if you have to work whilst fasting. Also, I'm not sure about this, but I believe that my regimen has aided my liver function. My reason for thinking this is that I don't experience the kind of stinking hangovers that I ever used to. And when I drink, I really binge drink

lampwick, that's a good question. I myself am quite "skinny". However, I didn't use to be - I weighed 2-3 more stone in my early teens than I do nowadays (I'm 22 now). I believe that I did most of the damage to my digestive system during that period when I mostly ate junk food (and way too much of it) and offered suffered constipation as a result. But if you've always been skinny and always had regular bowel movements then perhaps this regimen won't be as useful to you as it has been to me. If I wanted to offer you some hope, I could hypothesise that your regular bowel movements might be at the expense of "clean" digestion (as primo1 eludes to), but there's absolutely no scientific backing to that I'm afraid it's up to you to find out whether or not that is the case. Good luck By the way, I think the thread "ACNE: The New Theory" may help you.

Ngfan4lyfe, please check out the rest of the thread when you've got the time. It's boring for other people to have to re-read the same information over and over again The answer to your first question is on Post 1 of the thread. Regarding a liver cleanse, why don't you search for some information yourself and report back? Take it easy

Well done on finding the Lactobacillus casei, midnightdoom1! I hope you can get started properly now

soupyhead, it's only really myself, dfwgoodguy and littledaga who have really experienced any success with this kind of regimen so far (check out the early pages). But I haven't heard from anybody who hasn't experienced success with such a regimen. It's up to you whether or not you give this a shot, but if you do please report back with your findings!... LOL, So I read on and see that you've taken the plunge! That's cool You might as well go ahead without the Yakult. But if you can find an alternative probiotic (specifically Lactobacillus casei, since we seem to have established that it's the best strain for this job) then I believe it will help you further. And regarding the Charcoal, I know what you mean! But when you feel the effects it has on your insides you will learn to love it!

Constant, what's Phion Cleanz? And please describe the taste of death I imagine it's something like eating the contents of the capsules I take - that's why they're in capsule form! By the way, I remember you talking about Dr. Natura Colonix. Did you get this? What have you got to report? Thank you!

SweetJade1, I'm so glad you have contributed. However, it's late and I'm going to have to save my reply to you 'til tomorrow when I can better understand your wisdom

Thank you everyone for your questions and input! As always I wish you all the best of luck - you don't have to live with acne and you will beat it! EV

Closed Thread