It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-08-2005, 08:53 PM   #76
    Constant
    Inactive
    (female)

Constant HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

EV,

Phion cleanz is the product I choose to get for my intestinal cleanse. I didn't go with Dr. Natura as I felt this contained more of the husks and Clay.

I've taken two doses of this powdered stuff and gagged both times. I mixed it in lemonade...and still had a hard time getting it down...it is THAT bad.

Let me put it this way...It is SOOOOOOO bad, I emailed the company and told them how horrible it was. Strangely, I haven't heard back from them .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2005, 09:25 PM   #77
    midnightdoom1
    (male)

midnightdoom1 HB User

Well now that I know where I can get my products in my area, I'm going to make a drive to the city friday (payday) to pick them up. So saturday I am starting my cleanse (might move that to monday if there is drinking going on that night). I'll post my progress with that as I go along.

Old 08-08-2005, 10:22 PM   #78
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User

i dont think i can go 36 hours... i think i might just do 24.. anyways i've been taking the stuff and havent gone to the bathroom yet... been like 10 hours since i ate..

Old 08-09-2005, 01:44 AM   #79
    veryworriedguy2

veryworriedguy2 HB User

Hello, I just came across this thread today. I was on accutane for 8 months last year and my acne has just come back. My eating habits are atrocious so I've decided to give this a shot since i think it could also be the cause of my problems. I found the Psyllium Husks and Activated Charcoal tablets quite easily, and the Lactobacillus casei in a few forms, for those of you who haven't found it in Canada or America the best i can find seem to be Primal Defence and Sedona Labs iFlora Complete Acidophilus Formula which both contain this strain along with quite a list of others which seem like an excuse to charge more money to me. These two both cost around $50-65 for 180 caplets which doesnt look like it would last very long at the rate you suggest taking them, but if it helps then its quite worth it.

I skimmed through some of the other posts and noticed someone else mentioned a product called Total Cleanse which is a 14 day treatment which seems to contain everything you suggest in here and more, im just wondering if you think it would be more benificial to use this for 14 days, or to follow your own plan for a month or more. The 14 day treatment of this costs about $45 in total.

Thanks for all the great information ErimusValidus, I should be giving this a shot as soon as i finish my perscription for an unrelated problem, im afraid it could interfere with the effectiveness.

Old 08-09-2005, 01:58 AM   #80
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User

oh erimus.. i think when you said you can 'see' stuff coming out in your waste its probably just because of the supplements, like the charcoal.. it even says on the bottle of the one i got that it will make it darker.. i havent seen first hand yet...

Old 08-09-2005, 05:59 AM   #81
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

soupyhead, 24 hours should be fine. By the way, search for images of "mucoid plaque" and you will know what I am talking about I witnessed some of that stuff come out of me and that's when I understood why my skin looked so awful. Although it's nasty, hopefully you will witness it too. And don't worry, it only lasts for the initial fast (and any subsequent fasts whilst you still have a build up of putrefied waste).

You're right that the charcoal makes the stool darker. But not only that, it seems to bind it and reduce its odour. Personally I like it - I haven't suffered diarrhea since Day 1 of my cleanse, even though my brother suffered it horribly during food poisoning when we both ate some only partially cooked chicken. I just don't get a sick stomach anymore

LOL, Constant, good on you for sticking with it despite the taste! I guess you'll just have to hold your nose and imagine you're drinking a cocktail or something Let us know if you get a reply from the company! Why can't they make it taste like ice cream or something?!

midnightdoom1, it probably is best to wait 'til you're sober before starting. Although, as I said before, not only is alcohol no longer a trigger of acne for me, but I don't seem to suffer hangovers like I did before I adopted my regimen. I'd be interested to know your findings in this area. So good luck for Saturday/Monday and have a great weekend whatever

Hi veryworriedguy2 I believe that you will experience success on this regimen (but it is sensible to wait until your prescription is finished). I myself have had a course of accutane, and like you my acne came back after only a short period of clarity But the stability and clarity I have experienced with this regimen makes accutane look like a joke! Thanks for posting about the probiotics - that is useful information for people in North America. And as far as the 14 day treatment goes, I would recommend a continual treatment like mine because I am adamant that the condition of my skin has improved continually for the six months since I started I know it's not cheap, but it's cheaper than accutane and once you see the positive effects, the cost will be inconsequential!

Last edited by ErimusValidus; 08-09-2005 at 06:02 AM.

Old 08-09-2005, 09:08 AM   #82
    ClassicGamer
    (male)

ClassicGamer HB User

After reading some of these posts, I was wondering if you guys take the psyllium and charcoal WITH or BETWEEN meals. I'm asking because it's recommended (on the label) that you take the psyllium with a full glass of water (and I try not to drink much with meals) and the charcoal 1-2 hrs before or after a meal.
    Thanks!

Old 08-09-2005, 09:38 AM   #83
    Constant
    Inactive
    (female)

Constant HB User

I take the parasite cleanse about twenty minutes before I take the intestinal cleanse, both on empty stomachs.

Old 08-09-2005, 10:04 AM   #84
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SweetJade1
    Did that help clear things up a bit? ;-)
    yup! thanks sweetjade!

Old 08-09-2005, 10:28 AM   #85
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Hi ClassicGamer I've never read any instructions as to when to take my capsules to be honest, and I generally take them all together with meals (and plenty of water). And I tend to drink the Yakult after dinner (when I'm rumaging through the fridge for more food ).

Old 08-09-2005, 07:01 PM   #86
    Constant
    Inactive
    (female)

Constant HB User

ErimusValidus,

So I'm day two on this digestive cleanser stuff and my stomach is killing me, KILLING ME!!!!

There is something very scary going on in there. Very scary indeed.

Old 08-10-2005, 01:15 AM   #87
    veryworriedguy2

veryworriedguy2 HB User

Wait i have one question to add to this. dfwgoodguy says to wait until after you cleanse to take the probiotic, does this mean for the first 2 days or so take only the activated charcoal and Psyllium Husks while fasting and after that take those two twice a dayand the probiotic once at the end of the day. Is this the best way to get started?

Thanks

Old 08-10-2005, 04:40 AM   #88
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Constant, if you're in real pain then I recommend you stop taking the supplements. But I imagine the pain is just temporary and is caused by the general upheaval (and associated release of toxins) of all the old, putrefied waste that is being churned up after many years of lying stagnant. I don't recall any pain when I first cleansed, otherwise I would have warned you. I'm sorry you're in pain - I feel guilty

veryworriedguy2, dfwgoodguy did indeed suggest that you wait before starting the probiotic. His reasoning is that the cleanse will simply flush the probiotic away. So I suppose there's a risk of wasting the initial probiotics, but it wouldn't do any harm to combine the two. As far as I am concerned, this isn't an exact science - all I can say is I've been taking them all together and the improvement in my skin has been like a miracle!

Old 08-10-2005, 05:03 AM   #89
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User

ErimusValidus I have read back and I see you've been hard at work helping alot of People, I wish I could help in this field, but I have only done the Total Cleanse, and to be honest I am not that pleased with the product, I am regular now 1-3 times a day, which for me who used to be constipated and it was 1 time every 2 days, this obviously is fantastic for me. My skin is much clearer, but I did break out after drinking alcohol last weekend, I have ordered some Activated Charcoal and Pysllium Husk From Holland & Barret, so when they come I will do my 36hr fast and get started on Yakult, I will keep you all updated on my progress. Also I read that someone is having stomach pains, my advise to you is too drink 1L - 2L of water a day, that should help. I hope I experience the same Miracle :-)

Old 08-10-2005, 05:53 AM   #90
    keepitcoming
    (male)

keepitcoming HB User

ErimusValidus, I came accross you thread while visiting these boards and decided to give it a go. I read through all your posts and went out to holland and barrat to get the supplies. The Psyllium husks were suprisingly expensive, 11.00, but the charcoal was very reasonable, 3.00. So i fasted for 36 hours, all i had was water, a multivitamin pill and a vitamin C tablet (the fizzy kind). During these 36 hours i took 10x Psyllium Husks and 5x Activated charcoal all together. 4x Husks, 2x charcoal, at breakfast and dinner and then the next morning i took 2x husks and 1x charcoal.

So after all this time i still had no desire for the toilet! I was getting very hungry and decided to start eating again. This brought about a stool but it was completely normal, no bad bacteria in it. Ii have continued to take the daily dose of husks and charcoal but it just doesnt seem to be doing anything. Its been 2 days now. I haven't purchased the yakult because i feel it would be a waste of money due to all the crap still in my colon. What do you suggest i do. Should i try to fast again but for longer??? Should i continue to take the daily dose and see wat happens?? Thank you.

Closed Thread