It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-14-2005, 04:20 PM   #121
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

Quote:
    Originally Posted by soupyhead
    i think i may have to stop this as it seems to just be making me constipated.. i've only gone twice in the last week. I thought it was supposed to do the opposite? maybe its just cleaning me out so its getting blocked up? i've been breaking out on my forehead because i always do when i get constipated.. not sure how much longer i can wait to see if it stops
    What's your diet like? Are you eating plenty of fruits and vegetables? How much oil do you get from nuts, seeds, fish, dressings or supplements? How much water are you drinking? These are all things that can help reverse constipation, so perhaps you need to increase one of them ;-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2005, 05:07 PM   #122
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User

yea i drink tons of water like always and eat lots of fruit/veggies/fish so i know thats not the problem.. i think it will probably pass soon.. we'll see

Old 08-14-2005, 06:25 PM   #123
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

ErimusValidus,
    Now to answer your other major question. I believe it was something along the idea that if all we need to do is cleanse our toxic systems, why advocate major dietary changes considering how hard it is to do in Western Civilization, right?

Well, knowledge is power. Without proper knowledge one wouldn't know the right way to change their diet, let alone what form of cleansing and detoxification to use. For myself, I had always believed in unconventional or alternative measure of health care, but I never really saw results. I changed my diet a few times. I took some herbs. I even did parasite cleanse (partially) and two liver flushes (2 years apart). Obviously none of my cleansing measures were effective enough, but I never followed through properly. I have my reasons for this such as I was scared to see parasites (most are microscopic), but I'm not anymore so one day I may try it again. ;-) With the liver flushes, usually colonics/enemas have to follow and I don't believe that's a natural thing whatsoever.

Therefore my first attempt at Liver Flushing, the day after (when you expell stones), I actually vomited & nearly passed out and DID pass out later that day (at the mall with friends getting food, lol) but this may have been due to me fasting longer than 24 hours (I don't always eat regulary) or because I was on Spironolactone (can lower blood pressure - may not have stopped it soon enough) at the time or because I used 100% Pink Grapefruit Juice & 100% Apple Juice (not good for Diabetics). So it took awhile for me to realize that I didn't actually follow the procedure properly and that because I'm Insulin Resistant perhaps the apple juice was a bad move. So I tried it again, using pure pink grapefruit throughout, made sure I ate 3 meals the prior day, so that I was fasting only 24 hours, and I hadn't take Spiro in months. Everything went wonderfullly (passed larger and more stones than before), except it took 3 days (including day after fast) before I actually had a bowel movement (constipation?) and so I started breaking out badly but with cysts on my lower chin and underneck.

Now at the time, I assoc. this to possibly doing the liver flush, even though my first flush this didn't happen (thought maybe the spiro and avandia were helping there). I was also aware that this same event of cystic acne developed the year prior and I blammed it on either Cherry consumption or Whey Isolate powder as it stopped when I stopped consuming both of these. So this was around May & June and so I was also concerned that perhaps I was developing a new type of breakout period (gasp, but I thought my diet worked). So I didn't know what to do or think so I just left it alone.

I've been wanting to do another liver flush again, around that same time period (spring is when we should do cleansings) but this year I didn't because I wanted to see if I was truly going through some sort of new breakout period. Of course, I figured I woudn't break out, wasn't 100% certain, because I had already discovered the connection with the prior two years and that type of acne. The connection was Whey powder as I later discovered I can't have dairy products, but dairy doesn't cause underchin acne. So the connection for that type was the cherries the first year (no liver flush), and the tons of plums I was eating AFTER my 2nd flush. LOL, see the following summer, I began to suspect almonds as causing me this type of acne as well.

I had gradually eliminated all nuts from my diet because I suspected them to cause me some type of acne and most of the do, but I never eliminated almonds and actually INCREASED my intake because they were the least problematic among acne sufferers. I went through a period where I broke out with the underchin acne during the Fall & Spring and I couldn't understand it. Then I went through periods where I didn't. I thought about those times in the spring and realized it was after consuming Peaches & Nectarines, so I gave them up and the acne disappeard for awhile. I thought about those times and it was when I wasn't eating Rasiens & Almonds (sorta like a nut & fruit trialmix) because I had ran out. I had remembered that some fruits are related to the fruits I had given up, Peaches, Plums, and Cherries were all related and I had this suspicion that almonds was apart of this group because of the type of acne I was experiencing. I looked it up and sure enough the genus Prunus (Plums, Peaches, Nectarines, Apricots, Cherries, Almonds) contains ALL FOODS I LOVE, and gave me that type of acne. So i stopped the almonds, the acne went away and has never come back. Although after doing so, I developed IBS type sytmptoms again, just as I did when I first changed my diet going Gluten-Free, and that's because Almonds were giving me a nice among of fiber, which I lost. LOL, but as soon as I started consuming brown rice and more vegetables the problem went away.

So all of the above is why I remained so diet focused. Not to mention others that helped me along the way or that somehow I managed to help, never did any detoxes or cleanses (that I'm aware of) and they were 95% - 100% clear, and I was only 99% clear. Every now I then I would reflect back on why this could possibly be: not enough exercise, not enough vegetables, I must have systemic candida and/or a Leaky Gut. As I read more posts and articles on detoxification, food intolerance, Hypersensitivities, and reflected on other members posts, such as Prometheus I realized that some of them were able to eat more foods than I because they had done the cleansings, liver flushes and/or colonics/enemas.

Thanks to recently learning that Insulin Resistance is a Silent Chronic Inflammatory Disease and that acne, another inflammtory "disease", can be labeled as Delayed Type Hypersenstivities to foods, toxins, etc that cross our gut barrier, I began to take more interest in Leaky Gut Syndrome. I always had suspicions but my avoidance of Almonds and assoc. fruits doesn't have anything to do with Insulin Resistance and so I figured it had to to with Leaky Gut (nuts aggrivated a leaky gut). When I purchased a book on Leaky Gut Syndrome (LGS), I discovered all the ways it's possible to develop this condition. I knew of a few, such as antibotics and NSAIDS and stress, but there's quite a few more including CANDIDA and Parasites!

Candida is something that I've suspected I've had ever since I went off of Minocycline (5 years ago) after 3 months, as I broke out WORSE than ever before (despite Spiro and BC) and developed new acne (in various places) and whenever I eat something (suspect too much table sugar as fruits don't do this), that new acne will be triggered to this day! Yes I did some oral and supporsitory Antifungals due to yeast infections, but I don't think it fully went away. I even tried taking Natren Probiotics and PB-8 but these didn't do anything either (wrong type?). So upon researching further about Candida I learned that this can cause various food and chemical sensitivities, possibly because candida is irritating, thus inflamming, thus increasing gut permeability and allowing particles that are normally too large and not fully digested (chew food thoroughly) to enter the blood stream which illicits an immune response...thus one way silent long term inflammation is born. Members have found success in curing candida by following varius types of anti-candida diets, taking kefir as well as taking coconut oil, which also meant they were able to eat certain types of sugary foods again.

(continued)

Last edited by SweetJade1; 08-16-2005 at 07:18 AM.

Old 08-14-2005, 06:27 PM   #124
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

Of course, not everyone will be open to doing cleansings, etc. There's various types for certain individuals to account for possible sensitivities and there's also various types depending on what system of the body you want or need to cleanse. While I know what I need to do, others' have found success in topical treatments and this is as far as they will go. Others have found success in dietary changes and this is as far as they are willing to go. I also belief that conventional medicine stops at food avoidance, even though there are journal articles discussing the use of L-Glutamine (there are others) to heal a leaky gut.

Again, because of various reactions one might experience during the cleansing process, if one isn't aware they may stop out of fear that they made something worse. For example myself and Karl took some herb tinctures to help with liver detoxification and to prepare for liver flushing. Everyone was talking about detox symptoms and I wasn't noticing any of that. I also wasn't noticing an improvment in my existing acne so I gradually worked up to taking larger doses, more than others that WERE experiencing success and detox reactions. Thing was, we both started to feel very tired and groggy in the mornings (this probably was a detox reaction) and it was so bad for me because I had early class that I wasn't making it too (or was too late to get parking), so I stopped it.

Another example, was when I started taking 2 - 3g of MSM powder. I gradually worked up to that dose over a months time and fig. my diet would protect me and that I was drinking enough water (helps detoxify), but I gradually broke out horribly all over my body (others had this ireaction) and while I'm prone to body acne, all over break outs is something I've NEVER experienced whenever I've cheated. So do I want to take MSM again, not really (because I hyperpigment which is worse than acne), but I am trying to find a way to absorb & flush toxins (such as your regimen) to prevent this from happening again so I CAN move forward. So I'm no longer in suspect mode, I know I probably have both mild systemic candida and LGS, and I'm just not 100% certain how to proceed. Therefore, I'm researching various cleansing products, detoxifiers and their side effects, in order to figure out a regimen for myself.

Regardless of what I do end up being able to consume again, there's certain foods or products, I probably wont go back to. If I have a natural adversion to them, why do so? Of course I don't like the western diet, it got us where we are today...SICK and/or TOXIC and so I'm not interested in supporting the western diet or lifestyle. So while it is easier for most people to just continue to eat a western diet and never change, or eat a certain amount of them as along as they detoxify, I know that the problem is that certain processing methods and/or ingredients/chemicals do NOT belong in the foods we consume. The only way to change that, is to change our habits. Our spending, affects companies' profits and so, eventually, if not one day government directed or mandated, they will start providing even more healthy versions of convenience foods..to help increase their profits of course, but we'll all benefit.

Hope all is good with you

Last edited by SweetJade1; 08-14-2005 at 07:05 PM.

Old 08-15-2005, 06:19 AM   #125
    pr0ps

pr0ps HB User

to EV and SweetJade, i know that toxins in the body causes acne. but what about the external factors? such as dead skin cells clog the pores and the sebum cannot come out and the bacteria causes inflammation. i strongly believe that toxins in the body causes acne but it confuses me if i included external factors. one example is when my bangs is down (like owen wilson's hair style) and it touches my forehead always, then like 2 days later, 1 to 2 acnes are formed (coincidence?). im getting good results with this regimen but what about the external factors??? if it also cause acne, then that must be very confusing i know you know the answer so i was wondering if you can clear this out for me.

thanks and your replies would be MUCH appreciated.

Last edited by pr0ps; 08-15-2005 at 06:26 AM.

Old 08-15-2005, 10:11 AM   #126
    Legend#14

Legend#14 HB User

I've bought the Activated Charcoal Capsules, Psyllium Husks and Yakult.. I'm from the UK so I just went to my local "Holland & Barrret's"..

I'm going to start tomorrow morning.. and fast for 38 hours.

I'm confused on how to start out.. i'm so emotionally drained after not eating properly from the fear of spots for about a year now.. all I eat is:

Chicken
    Cous Cous
    Red Grapes
    Steamed Broccolli
    Occasionally Grilled Steak
    Occasionally Brown Rice

That's about it.. I don't intake absolutely ANY dairy products, no bread, nothing like that, no sugars.

I've been doing this for about a year now and my body feels weak and lifeless really.. I gave the Lemon Juice thing a try and that didn't work either.

Just break it down on how to start and continue please.

Old 08-15-2005, 11:24 AM   #127
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

soupyhead, I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going so well for you. The thing is, Psyllium Husks swell up to fifty times their original size in order to absorb toxins. I suspect that if you don't consume enough roughage you may experience constipation which could be exacerbated by this increase in bulk. But when you do have a bowel movement, I believe you will feel emptier than usual and cleaner as a result.

I myself have bowel movements at least once daily, generally twice. However, I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables: at least four portions of each daily. Also, I get very regular, vigorous exercise (5km running or 10km cycling daily and lots of abdominal crunches and resistance exercises). I probably should have explained these things when I outlined my regimen, since I suppose they are strictly a part of it.

pr0ps, acne is undoubtedly a multi-factor condition. I myself believe that my acne was exacerbated by wearing gel in my hair with my fringe on my forehead. Nowadays I have my fringe waxed upwards! And with respect to dead skin cells, I ensure that they are kept to a minimum by exfoliating daily. Regarding bacteria, it important not to encourage cross-infection by spreading it around. The things is, in general I think the external aspects are the easiest to crack - it's the internal factors that are difficult.

Old 08-15-2005, 11:55 AM   #128
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pr0ps
    to EV and SweetJade, i know that toxins in the body causes acne. but what about the external factors? such as dead skin cells clog the pores and the sebum cannot come out and the bacteria causes inflammation. i strongly believe that toxins in the body causes acne but it confuses me if i included external factors. one example is when my bangs is down (like owen wilson's hair style) and it touches my forehead always, then like 2 days later, 1 to 2 acnes are formed (coincidence?). im getting good results with this regimen but what about the external factors??? if it also cause acne, then that must be very confusing i know you know the answer so i was wondering if you can clear this out for me.

thanks and your replies would be MUCH appreciated.
    Hi =)

Bacteria and Hyperkertinization (clogged pores) are considered internal factors and they don't really exist (if you take care of other internal factors). Everyone has bacteria as a natural part of our bodies's flora and not everyone has problems with it. In fact well, when it comes to hypersensitivity issues, not everyone will, yet I really think that killing ALL p.acnes bacteria has always been the wrong way to go. Sure perhaps 1 - 10% actually have a bacterial or some other microorganism infection in the skin or body that's primarily causing their acne, but most of us do not.

I know it's REALLY confusing, but if you think about all the products that we use and are successful, not all of them kill bacteria. Most of them directly or indirectly work by reducing inflammation (can cause clogged pores). Antibiotics, some kill bacteria, but some of those ALSO are anti-androgenic (also reduces inflammation), anti-inflammatory (via a different route), pseudo-antioxidant (anti-inflammatory), but of course antibiotics can also increase DHT production (for those with hirsutism or androgenic alopecia), can create another microogranism imbalance (most of us may have this as a secondary cause of acne), can cause Leaky Gut Syndrome (another cause of inflammation and thus acne), and can cause/activate Auto-immune Diseases (some of which have acne as sign and are also inflammatory). So antibiotics are NEVER the route to take unless they can prove a systemic infection or an infection with bacteria that's normally not common to us.

Of course, external factors count too. Dietary changes are considered external. How much water you drink is considered external. Exercising is external. Your laundry detergeants, your skin care, and of course your hair care are all external factors. Ever read Perricone's Acne Prescription? He stops at avoidance, but his is a 3 tiered system: Diet, Supplements, and then Skin Care. So you very well may have multiple factors for why you have acne. Some factors produce a certain type acne and while others may produce a certain amount. Yet there may only be a percentage of improvement achieved from each factor.

For example external produts are probably 10% of my problem. When I eliminate the pore cloggers I don't get breakouts from my skin care anymore, but that was certainly not enough to stop the continuous breakouts I was getting. I used Medications (anti-androgens & insulin sensitizers) as part of the internal solution and while they helped a lot, they weren't as significant as my dietary changes. Notice how my route was the opposite of perricone's solution (I believe we should start with diet or detoxification first), this is how most people end up where we are today. However, regarding my own external factors, there's certain things I don't put in my hair and when someone is spraying that aerosol spray I dodge them because I don't want any acne from that. I actually get tiny acne or some sort of bumps when I spray Victoria Secret frangrances on my skin, and another girl I know (never breaks out) does also. Again, there's also certain skin care ingredients that breaks me, but interestingly since changing my diet I find that I can actually use products that contain more pore cloggers (not more than a 2 level now), where's as before I was adament about avoiding them (0 - 1 level are what I used).

So if there's something you are putting in your hair that causes you to break out then don't use it or don't let your hair touch your face =P If there's a product you like to use on your skin such as an exfoliator, continue to use it. It will keep your skin young, may help you heal fastor and if you ever get detoxified enough that you don't need it you can just use it occassionally as a boost. There's nothing wrong with having multiple solutions, but you know you aren't doing something right one you NEED multiple medications or tons of HIGH dose supplements, or various acne treatment products. If you are a chronic, long term sufferer or experience severe acne (cystic or nodular or acne all over the body) then you definately may want to further explore and act upon detoxification and/or dietary changes.

Clear things up a bit?

Old 08-15-2005, 06:49 PM   #129
    pr0ps

pr0ps HB User

thanks EV and yes SweetJade, it cleared things up. thanks.

anyways, what cosmetics/med do you still put on your face? what brand of exfoliating agent and cleanser do you use? i think im gonna follow you as you both have success strories. (sorry for the questions, EV and SweetJade). but you guys enlighten me from the knowledge you have (im sure others do as well).

oh and SweetJade, ever thought of creating your own book? like about healthy lifestyles, beating acne naturally and through diet. im sure you know better from the other authors as you are more SPECIFIC and TECHNICAL about healthy diet and such. this would help people who still doesn't discover this forum or doesn't do searches online. im sure you can do it from your knowledge. just a thought. lol!

as always, your help would be very appreciated. thanks.

Old 08-15-2005, 09:27 PM   #130
    goldenseal
    (female)

goldenseal HB User

Has anyone found a replacement for the Yakult that you can buy in stores in the US?? Please respond, I'm really urgent to try this!

Old 08-16-2005, 09:34 AM   #131
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Constant
    That is where my confusion lays and quite frankly good skin without teeth is well not my goal.. . I did some searches on it yesterday but proceeded to get myself confused (once again ) so I think I'll leave that part up to you.
    Constant,
    LOL, well that is indeed what I've been doing the past few days but unfortunately, figuring this out followed me into my sleep...grrr. I actually had a chance to sleep in an extra hour today, but oh no I woke up at 5, again 6 and after tossing and turning finally gave up and got up 7 =( It's a rare occassion when I'll actually think so much in my sleep, although it's something that I've done when I had a particular troubling chemistry or math problem to work out ;-)

Anyway, since I'm up, while researching the Vitamin C Flush, I came across other supplements that kept ringing bells for me and reminded me of you as well and so I'll mention them below. It turns out that aside from that one source, all the other sources say that we should use Mild, Buffered, Mineral Ascorbates or C-Salts (it's the same thing but different formulas) in the form of L-Ascorbic Acid (bounded to a mineral) to do the Vitamin C Flush as well as when taking Vitamin C daily.

Vitamin C Flush Vitamin C is a wonderful antioxidant. It boosts Phase II enzymes neccessary for deactivitaing those carcinogens produced from ingesting blackened/burnt foods (certain ethnicities are more prone to this enzyme defficiency). Also boosts energy, relieves depression, is an anti-histamine (less allergic reactions), boosts our immune system, neccessary for collagen formation (bone, skin, muscles, etc), and also a metal detoxifier and helps balance our bodies' natural flora. I even found anecdotal/testimonial information that simply doing this kind of flush can boost ones energy levels tremendously, even those with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS).

To do this. pick a day that you don't have to work (or go to school). You want to take:

* 2 - 3 tsp (could have 2 - 4g of Vit. C) every 30 min in at least 4 oz of water (or 100% fruit juice or aloe juice) up to 3x.

* If you don't notice a watery diarrhea/ enema-like effect after the third - 30 min dose, start taking 2 - 3 tsps every 15 min until you do.

Make sure you wait until the fizzies stop before drinking (2 min) Once you hit the enema-like effect (expelling liquid from your rectum), the flush has occured and you're done drinking vitamin c for the day. ;-)

You may or may not experience a "Healing Crisis" but because the Vitamin C is killing off (hopefully) certain bacteria, parasites, or yeast in system, they will begin to emit toxins. These toxins should be flushed out as a result of the Vitamin C Flush. However for those of you taking Psyllium and Activiated Charcoal or Bentonite doing so perhaps later in the day or the next day will help absorb & flush what didn't get expelled. Also, below are a list of other supplements you may find helpful as well, especially if dealing with or suspecting candida issues.

1) Vitamin C - 75% of what's needed to induce a Vitamin C Flush is used daily. Everyone has their own amounts based on how physically stressed their own body is and therefore 1 - 2 g is probably not what most of us will find we need on this board. I know that there's a group of woman that have Insulin Resistance/PCOS and even though they were fasting (for Elimination Diet) they discovered they had HUGE amounts of energy and I couldn't figure out how that could be possible. Well one reason is that they did eliminate foods that induced inflammation and it's signs, but another part was that most of them were also taking Vitamin C. Their doses were anywhere from 12 - 20g/daily, again depending on their individual needs. Now, over time, as the body becomes less defficient, less Vitamin C will be needed. This will be noted, by loose stools. For those wanting to consume Vitamin C, please do so in the forms mentioned previously and to maintain a constant level, take in 4 divided doses, as vitamin c is flushed out within 4 hours time.

2) Molybdenum - This is important to any of us that consumes sucrose or fructose as this will deplete our molybdenum stores, which is neccessary for their metabolism. This also helps the body expell candida toxins produced as a result of their die off. Candida produces Sulfites and Acetlyaldehydes which can't be broken down by the liver and are stored in the body. These are actually the "sources" of chemical sensitivities to fragrances or even sulfites found in certain foods we eat resulting in neurological problems such as headaches, brain fog, and as well as pain. 200mcg - 1500mcg of Molybdenum breaks these down into something the liver can either expell or convert. For example Acetylaldehyde (also produced from alcohol consumption) will be broken down into Acetic Acid to be flushed or converted into Acetyl Co Enzyme A! Which may explain an increase in energy that I've heard about as a result of this trace mineral and....perhaps improve our acne (note B5 Therapy is used to boost CoA)

3) Pantethine - This is the active component of B5, and is much more potent for certain types of diseases. It breaks down Formaldehyde as well as Acetylaldehyde. It boosts our production of Glutathione. It also lowers our cholesterol levels and boosts are ability to produce Omega 3 Fatty Acids! 600mg - 1200mg is the daily dosage and you can also match this with Panthothenic Acid. Also, what I forgot to mention earler is that by breaking down Acetlyaldehyde, this frees us from...Brain Fog, Depression, Pain, etc.

4) Selenium - This is an antioxidant, helps shed skin cells, boosts glutahione production, and is also a heavy metal detoxifier (mercury, lead, etc). We should take a minimum of 200mcg. We may be able to take more such as 400mcg, but it is a supplement that can be toxic at too high and dose such as 1000mcg for more than a brief period of time.

5) Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) - This is a potent antioxidant and increases the production of Glutathione, a liver detoxifier, more so than NAC. Unfortunately, R-ALA powder doesn't work (turns into rubbery balls), but R-ALA in Gel form does. K-R-ALA and will also work. The reason I'm mentioning only R-ALA, is because it is more potent and less toxic than ALA (50/50 mixture of S & R forms) and as such a typical dose for those Glucose Intolerant (allows some members to cheat) would be 200 - 300mg 15 min before their high carb meal. However for anyone that experiences "Brain Fog" you may also benefit (on a lower dose?) as other members found that this helped them with Brain Fog even when they didn't know whether they were glucose intolerant or not. Of course when they stop taking R-ALA, the brain comes back, but goes away upon continued usage.

Of course I'd be happy to list some name brands for ya, but I've gotta run for now.

Hope all is well =)

Last edited by SweetJade1; 09-03-2005 at 03:33 PM.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:12 PM   #132
    Legend#14

Legend#14 HB User

EV, I bought some Yakult and took 1.. but it has "Semi Skimmed Milk, Glucose Syrup and Flavouring" in it.. things we should be avoiding.. won't this break you out?

I also couldn't fast.. I felt sick and dizzy and had a headache.. so I had my dinner.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:36 PM   #133
    midnightdoom1
    (male)

midnightdoom1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by goldenseal
    Has anyone found a replacement for the Yakult that you can buy in stores in the US?? Please respond, I'm really urgent to try this!
    BioK+ is the one that I have found. At the site you can look up your state and it will tell you where it is sold as well.

Old 08-16-2005, 07:31 PM   #134
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

pr0ps, all I do regarding topical treatments is cleanse, tone and moisturise twice daily (morning and night) to remove dead skin cells and pollutants, tighten the pores, maintain elasticity and prevent sun damage. I use the Simple range of products. I also exfoliate daily using Johnson & Johnson's Clean & Clear Oil Free Exfoliating Daily Wash. Obviously these are UK products, but I'm sure there are US equivalents.

Nowadays, I would never consider putting anything harsh on my skin, even if I did get the odd spot. The worst thing you can do is aggrevate your skin by overdrying it. And I know it's difficult not to pick, but if you can help it then try not to do that either. Besides, a breakout always looks worse if you've picked it than if you leave it alone.

Old 08-17-2005, 05:52 PM   #135
    Diggler
    (male)

Diggler HB User

Hi EV,

I've just read through the entire thread and it's fascinating.

Please could you answer a few questions for me, which would help clear up some things.

When you passed the mucoid plaque, at first, how was it? Was it like the long, intestine shaped things I've seen, or more smaller pieces?

How long into the program were you when the mucoid plaque stopped coming out?

How long were you on the program before you started feeling and seeing benefits (even small ones)

Do you eat diary in your diet?

Your reply would be much appreciated. Many Thanks.

Diggler.

Closed Thread