It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anemia Message Board

• palpitations from iron-deficiency anemia?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-15-2005, 02:32 PM   #16
    ladyinokla
    (female)

ladyinokla HB User
    Re: palpitations from iron-deficiency anemia?

I just found out today that I too have iron def anemia... I can relate to the feeling of being cold all the time and the ice chewing habit is really like my nicotine...husband says he hopes we get this under control because I have to keep going to the dentist as well...lol my ferritan level is 3.64 and my hemoglobin is 8.6..so time for more iron and now we are doing b12 as well. This has been a frustrating process due to the fact that some of the meds you are required to take can have side effects....I am going to try to do what she ordered even if the iron makes me feel like a I have a bowling ball in my stomach I wish everyone well and hope we all can get this under control....God Bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2005, 07:24 PM   #17
    Abbieno12
    (female)

Abbieno12 HB User
    Re: palpitations from iron-deficiency anemia?

I am so glad to find this thread...It seems we really all are in the same boat. I am really going to ask my Dr about the Iron with the IV. It seems that would help much faster than the pills. The pills are really harsh on your system.
    How are all of you doing now? Curious to hear.
    Thanks
    Taylor

Closed Thread