It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Anyone tried...LEAVING THE *[email protected]# ALONE?!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-18-2005, 10:17 AM   #16
    omalll
    (female)

omalll HB User
    Re: Anyone tried...LEAVING THE *[email protected]# ALONE?!

I agree with the OP... picking is the absolute worst thing you can do. And Im guilty of it too. My face is so much clearer just because the last 2 days ive decided to stop touching it.

BUT... I think for me at least, using proactiv is a good jump start. my face is getting clearer each day (ive been on it for almost 2 weeks). And its encouraging. I notice that the less blemishes I have, the less likely I am to pick at it. Its sort of like, you hear stories about people who get liposuction or tummy tucks - it motivates them to eat better and exercise because its a jumpstart. (And because they paid for it). It *easier* to make good habits when you have results already.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2005, 11:34 AM   #17
    danadaze
    (female)

danadaze HB User

Exactly. I mean its on our faces not the bottoms of our feet !!! Its very hard to ignore it. That guy must have had nerves of steel and a great self-image but most of us are not like that.

Old 08-19-2005, 06:56 PM   #18
    h3nG
    (male)

h3nG HB User

the op's advice on not to pick is very good...as it is a universal treatment.

BUT i think he is making too many generalizations. first off, just because your acne went away after a few years (even without the need for treatment) doesn't mean it's the ultimate cure everyone should try.

leaving your acne untreat, without seeing a derm, imo can be the worst thing you can do to your face depending on the condition. but it can also be the best thing. it really depends on the condition and your skin.

there are probably thousands of acne treatment. one of them would be leaving it alone. it can be the best treatment for some, like you, or the worst for others.

personally, i think it's wonderful that we are able to somewhat control our acne. these medications have helped a lot of people, dont think it's just a marketing scam. many of us here are proofs these treatments works.

Old 08-19-2005, 07:00 PM   #19
    danadaze
    (female)

danadaze HB User

yeah I agree. What works for one guy is not necessarily going to work for the next guy.

Closed Thread