It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Lexapro and sweating

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-17-2005, 09:50 AM   #16
    kristycake
    (female)

kristycake HB User
    Re: Lexapro and sweating

Boston, tell him I have suffered from anxiety and panic since I was11 yrs. old and Paxil really did excellent for me, but I know they all work differently. The sweating can be from the Lexapro because I have started pouring here recently and it feels gross, but also the anxiety makes me sweat bad too. I am an over-stresser and worrier by nature, and I have worse times at night also. These antidepressants have made me capable of sleeping 23 hrs. a day and it is an awful thing! I was prescribed Xanax with my Lexapro also, but dont like to use so much med. Do we have the same doctor? LOL! If you dont laugh you could cry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2005, 12:16 PM   #17
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Hi Kristy,

Maybe you guys do have the same doctor. I don't think he's tried Paxil before. He's been dealing with anxiety for 3 years, since he was 35. He doesn't like the fact that he's got 2 prescriptions either but at this point he thinks he has no choice. He does see a therapist but it's hard for me to tell if it's really helping. He said he's afraid of going crazy and it saddens me to think that he thinks I see him as a crazy person, which I reassure him all the time that I don't. If I did think he was, I could easily avoid him (well, maybe not that easy since he lives in the condo above mine). But nevertheless....

I love my days off where I can relax and sleep as much as I want but all day is a lot! He went out with a friend for a couple hours last night, and I heard him get in at midnight and he's still sleeping now, and it's almost 3:30. Can all this sleep cause more problems?

Last edited by BostonGirl44; 08-17-2005 at 12:17 PM.

Old 08-17-2005, 12:52 PM   #18
    kristycake
    (female)

kristycake HB User

Boston, It can cause problems as far as you getting very upset eventually, and even though you are a Great support system it does become tiring on both ends. That is understandable, but he needs to tell his doctor about the sleeping so much because they may adjust his dose or try something else. Ask about Paxil. I will tell you the withdrawal from Paxil is TERRIBLE, but if you taper down VERY slowly it is MUCH better and tolerable to me. I really think he should ask about this. I am just trying this one long enough to see how things go. My safe med is Paxil and my doctor assured me that if I need to go back it will still work like before. I had VERY little panic/anxiety after being on this about 5-6 months. Im not saying it will be like that for everyone of course. He sounds so much like what I have gone through to the T! I am almost 31 and I have suffered for years and it was beyond crazy. I ended up in a menatl institution for almost 7 months when I was 19 because I was so depressed and couldn't drive or leave the house! I was a wreck and I had to get MUCH help and it was WELL worth it to me. I dont want anyone to think I am a NUT but I did what I had to do. It helped that my parents were sooo understanding also. I am writing a book here. LOL. Tell him he wont go crazy because if I havent, he wont
    I am so happy he has someone that helps him. It is hard on your end too. My partner and I have been together six yrs. and she is Wonderful. I hope you keep in contact and please know there are others suffering right along with you guys.

Old 08-17-2005, 05:46 PM   #19
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Kristycakes, it is really tough for me to deal with sometimes but I really want to be there for him. He only slept til 3 today and is out now which is really good. I'm glad to hear that your partner is as understanding and caring for you too. I've never been through what you and my bf have been through so I can't say I understand what it feels like, but I can certainly see that it's so tough. I know he has his good days and bad so I'm just going to be there and try to make the bad ones a little bit better. I'll talk to him about Paxil. Who knows, that could work out better for him than the Lexapro! Is the Lexapro something you think you're going to stick with or do you prefer Paxil?

Last edited by BostonGirl44; 08-17-2005 at 05:47 PM.

Old 08-18-2005, 08:32 AM   #20
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Whatever happened to him yesterday was great. What a turn around he's made! He went to see his therapist and stopped taking the xanax. I'm lying like a bum on my sofa when he came downstairs and asked if I wanted to go for a walk with him. He usually takes walks to ease his stress but that wasn't the case this time. He was full of energy, happy, really talkative, the way he always is. He only slept until 3 which is a big improvement for him. The only problem with that is when we went to bed, he was wide awake which caused me to have a hard time sleeping and I had to get up early for work. But I'll deal with it if it means he's feeling better about everything.

Old 08-18-2005, 11:27 AM   #21
    kristycake
    (female)

kristycake HB User

I just posted on another site that I am having some problems with the Lexapro adjustment and I am not sure whether I want to go back to Paxil or stay on Lexapro. I am going to talk to my doc and see what he thinks. It has it's good and bad points, but the bad is making me a lil weary. I am glad to hear he was doing better. I think it has it's trial times.

Old 08-18-2005, 12:22 PM   #22
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having problems adjusting to Lexapro. It's tough when you try something new and it's hit or miss. Is there any particular reason why you went off Paxil and tried Lexapro?

Old 08-18-2005, 12:32 PM   #23
    smc612
    (male)

smc612 HB User

kristycake--- what problems are you having with the lexapro? i would like to compare notes since i just started it monday. take 5mg a day in the morning. i have read all the posts about the sweating with lexapro. it just goes to show that everyone is different. it was prescibed for me for hot flashes and night sweats and has worked wonders the first day. i haven't sweated since day 1. amazing.

Old 08-18-2005, 04:56 PM   #24
    kristycake
    (female)

kristycake HB User

My bad symptoms are as follows....feeling like I am walking in a dream-like state. I think this is called "depersonalizing." I DO NOT like that feeling! Then I have had anger issues when someone makes me mad I start getting VERY verbal. I am not like that normally. I just feel very angry and upset easy. I feel a lil' numb minded.
    The positive symptoms have been feeling ok except an episode of depression and small anxiety attacks that are quickly passed. I have had sexual thoughts and my libido is usually not like that on Paxil. I have had energy which I do not have on Paxil, and my appetite ihas decreased drastically!

Old 08-18-2005, 07:27 PM   #25
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

My bf's appetite has also decreased drastically. He's seriously eaten one meal a day for the past few days.

Old 08-18-2005, 09:15 PM   #26
    kristycake
    (female)

kristycake HB User

I could go on one meal and I use to eat consistently with Paxil! Igained 30 lbs. but I have a thyroid issue also. I am a mess...lol. I have to think that I am pretty lucky compared to some people with terminal illnesses or such. I feel bad complaining, but it does get rough.

Old 08-19-2005, 05:57 AM   #27
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Things could be worse, things could be better but it's still not easy to put up with some of this stuff. My bf is in very good shape but I'm afraid with this barely eating and all the walking to get rid of the stress, it could turn into a bad thing. I hope it all works out for you, kristycakes.

Old 08-19-2005, 10:52 AM   #28
    kristycake
    (female)

kristycake HB User

THANKS Boston, ditto. I am a mess.

Old 08-19-2005, 11:11 AM   #29
    smc612
    (male)

smc612 HB User

kristycake---- i stopped taking the lexapro today. all of a sudden yesterday i started sweating,couldn't get rid of a nasty headache, was nauseous, had a tremendous appetite for sweets(am diabetic so i never crave them and once in a blue moon eat them)didn't sleep all last night and very little the night before. anxiety was increased and i was constipated this morning. it was prescribed for hot flashes and night sweats,well if it isn't working and i have added all of these side effects it has to go. i had no side effects the first 4 days and then all of a sudden they came on like gangbusters. i am not surprised since every SSRI i have ever taken has given me the same exact problems. so i will deal with the night sweats and hope they end soon. how are you doing with the lexapro. you ad said you were thinking about paxil. what did you decide?

Old 08-19-2005, 09:25 PM   #30
    kristycake
    (female)

kristycake HB User

Angel I cant decide for nothing..lol. It's a mess. I am doing okay today but in general I am having bad derealization symptoms and I had them much less on Paxil. That is my MAIN and WORSE symptom. My anger seems to have gone down, but my depression is wavy at times. I dunno. I am scared if I come completely off Paxil and then go back, it may not work. If I go back on Paxil I'm sure my libido will be LOW again. I would like some opinions PLEASE!
    Im sorry your symptoms got worse. I dont know why they would put u on Lexapro for ur symptoms anyways. I dunno.
    Should I give the Lexapro more time? HELP! Has any woman out here found an SSRI that did NOT effect her sex drive?

Last edited by kristycake; 08-19-2005 at 09:31 PM.

Closed Thread