It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-22-2005, 11:12 AM   #151
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

@serafine Are you taking all them supplements for acne? I eat alot of salads and I dont take any supplements except the Activated Charcoal and Psyllium Husk, To be honest I have tried most of the herbs your talking about and they didn't help me one bit, as soon as I stopped taking them I broke out. This is the only regimen that has worked for me and I've had acne for 15 years, 8 days and my face is clear, my back and legs are not clear, but I can see its getting better, no new spots have formed in the last 3 days and old spots are healing well, its nice to feel confident with the way I look, it has been 8 years since my face has looked this good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2005, 03:48 PM   #152
    midnightdoom1
    (male)

midnightdoom1 HB User

So far with mine, it is going well. I started my fast last sunday, but I had a tiny bit to eat with my family at supper. Now it is 8 days later and my red spots from past acne are greatly reduced. My shoulders are reduced as well.. I have had none of these side effects that everybody seems to be talking about lately. Only thing that bothered me is when i went drinking the other night I chugged a few and felt like I was going to get sick. I don't know if it is becasue of this, or the fact that we went out to a buffett and I was just too full.

Old 08-23-2005, 04:05 PM   #153
    omega47
    (male)

omega47 HB User

hey i just started my fasting with psyllium husks and charcoal this morning it's been about 16 hours til i ate last time. it's been going good so far. i have a question.

When should you take the yakult (lactobacillus casei)? Do you have to take it while fasting or after?

Old 08-23-2005, 08:30 PM   #154
    tata77
    (male)

tata77 HB User

hey guys..i'm from the US and I have everything i need...the psyllium, activated charcoal, and yes the yakult. I'm doing my fast rite now and maaaaan am i hungry. I really hope this works tho. I'll keep everyone updated on how i'm doing. Man my mom made this deliiiiiicious dinner today but i couldn't even taste it..siiiigh..pleease work...

quick question: am i just supposed to fast until i have a bowel movement? I'm curious if people continued their fast even after their bowel movement. Any comments will be really helpful!

Old 08-23-2005, 09:36 PM   #155
    omega47
    (male)

omega47 HB User

hm it's been about 24 hrs of fasting i still didn't go to the bathroom. I will have to eat lol im starving.

Old 08-24-2005, 04:15 PM   #156
    tata77
    (male)

tata77 HB User

so I finsihed my 24 hour fast. I didnt have my bowel movement yet tho. I was on just the supplements and water. I just had lunch with my family and took some more of the supplements. I'm still waiting on that bowel movement thats suppose to look different. I'll update on when i get it. Man did it feel good to eat after the fast tho. My hands were shaking when I brought the food to my mouth haha.

Old 08-24-2005, 08:44 PM   #157
    goldenseal
    (female)

goldenseal HB User

Hi... I'm sure that everyone educated on this system has answered SO many questions... but I would really really appreciate if mine were answered as well! First off, I would like to say that this has been so inspiring for me to hear/read... and I would love to do it as soon as possible. The only problem is, I don't eat dairy or sugar, so drinking the Yakult is not an option. Are there any alternative products? Or, will it work w/ just the activated charcoal and the psyllium husks? IOnce again, I appreciate any answers you all can contribute and thankyou!!

Old 08-25-2005, 03:01 PM   #158
    tata77
    (male)

tata77 HB User

hey guys..so I've been on this digestive cleanse for about two days now. I did a 24 hour fast and now I'm just taking the supplements during my meals as shown on page one..I've already had a couple bowel movements..however they didn't seem different then usual..I kind of feel like the supplements are even slowing down my bowel movements because I usually have 1-2 a day..but now it's like 1 every 2 days..Iono it's still kinda early to tell but i'm wondering if anyone else had the same situation as me where they didn't get a different type of stool until a few days later? Iono i just hope i'm doing everything correctly.

Old 08-25-2005, 04:13 PM   #159
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Hey All I have been on holiday but I am back now and ready to answer everyone's questions!

Hello Diggler Sorry to take so long to reply. The mucoid plaque (as you rightly call it) that I first passed was approximately 20cm long and darky brown/green in colour with black bits. To me it looked like thick seaweed. I found that I passed smaller ones for up to a month after the first one (which came out after the initial fast). Nowadays my stool often takes on the form of small balls. I don't know if this means there are stones being passed, but it could be an indication.

I felt the benefits of my regimen straight away. Unlike most other unfortunate people here I didn't feel ill from fasting, and when I passed that first mucoid plaque I felt different. It's difficult to describe but I just felt cleaner inside. And then my stool started coming out cleaner in general and I realised that something fundamental had changed. And it wasn't long before I started to see the effects that this change had on my skin.

With regards to my consumption of dairy produce, I eat cheese, cream and derivatives such as milk chocolate. I don't drink milk or have it on cereal though.

Hi citygirl23 I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing sickness. To be honest I haven't experienced a persistent sore throat or lightheadedness whilst on my regimen. That sounds like a common cold more than anything. As I have said to others, even if you have your doubts I implore you to stay the course with this to see what happens in the long run. You might as well stay on the birth control as well. If you have any more questions please ask!

SweetJade1, I have been taking the pills every day at the quantities shown on Page 1. I have been beginning to wonder if it is necessary for me any more. I no longer suffer any kind of spots that I would call "acne". I get the odd tiny pimple but only when I neglect to cleanse and tone my skin properly or if I eat a load of junk food. I don't want my body to get used to the supplements if that means they will become less effective so I might consider lowering the dose or having one week on, one week off. I will have to think about it.

Hey Miranda005 I hope I can help you. I myslef have fairly oily skin. My regimen won't do much to change this. But it will make internal changes that will mean that the excess oil won't be a problem any more. And you'll still have naturally oily skin which won't age as quickly as the drier skin of other people Anyway, like you I eat quite regularly and don't put on much weight. I also cite myself as having fast metabolism. Kudos to you for eating sensible foods - it will stand you in good stead for your later years. But it might not necessarily help your skin until you wipe the slate clean i.e. clean out your digestive system.

Lipodec looks like a fairly sensible product, although I think you're probably getting enough of the nutrients found in those ingredients in your diet anyway. Zinc is considered very useful in sustaining healthy skin - you might as well stick with it at that quantity. The B-complex may be not be very useful since it is only B5 (Pantothenic Acid) that is associated with cutting down sebum (oil) production and even then you have to mega dose on it to see noticeable results. I've never heard of it before, but Acuzine looks to me like it's mainly just Vitamin E which is often said to help acne-prone skin. You may just be paying for some glorified Vitamin E but I don't really know.

littledaga and Anonym0us, I'm so happy to hear that you're experiencing success with your skin. Long may it continue littledaga I'm glad to hear that you're ringing the changes in other areas too. It is important to complement digestive cleansing with a non-burdening diet and regular exercise. I am sure you will experience an increase in energy in response to all of these modifications to your lifestyle. If things keep going well please let everyone else know about it to encourage them to make similar changes! Thank you

Trinity45, I guess if you are sensitive to cleanses then you might want to stick with your existing regimen. But an initial break out is simply that - initial. Once you get through that period you will come out clearer in the long run in my experience. The break out is a sign that toxins are being expelled.

serafine, I'm sorry to hear your story I used to suffer eczema as a child and it's horrible and it can be brought on by a multitude of factors (including certain types of washing powder, for instance). I am glad you haven't suffered financially though. I really hope you will soon find an alternative regimen that yields results for you. Dietary changes will go a long way to helping you if you are committed

omega47, you can take the Yakult after the fast but it's probably too late to tell you now. Sorry Don't worry if you broke your fast early. You should still see some results. There's no rush - if you take the supplements for a while you will pass some mucoid plaque sooner rather than later.

tata77, I'm sorry to hear that you missed dinner! That's great dedication. Isn't it sad when you realise how addicted to food we are (bearing in mind most of us eat way more than we need). You are doing everything correct. This isn't an exact science though. As I just told omega47, your stool will look different sooner rather than later. I guess it just varies from person to person.

Hi goldenseal. Props for cutting out sugar/dairy; it takes strong willpower. There are alternatives but you want to find something with Lactobacillus casei in it.

Old 08-25-2005, 07:36 PM   #160
    goldenseal
    (female)

goldenseal HB User

EV thankyou so much for the response! Haha... yeah it does take willpower, I'll admit I mainly don't eat dairy because I here it is know to cause acne... hopefully I won't have to worry about that soon

Has anyone found any other product that contains Lactobacillus casei?
    And... is the Lactobacillus casei necessary? Or has anyone seen results without it?

Old 08-25-2005, 07:39 PM   #161
    goldenseal
    (female)

goldenseal HB User

Serafine... I have facial ezcema as well! I've had it since I was a babyl... and it REALLY does blow! Like EV said, certain facial products can effect it, as well as the way you eat. However, i eat very healthy, drink plenty of water... and I still have it! I hear the derm. can supply creams for it that will get rid of it right away... my mother has ezcema, and she only had to use the cream once or twice. She's actually getting me some on tuesday... so I can let you know if it reall yworks [or not]!

Old 08-25-2005, 07:45 PM   #162
    goldenseal
    (female)

goldenseal HB User

Sorry to post three posts in a row...

EV... I have a health book, with over 600 pages based on a healthy lifestyle. Anyway, I was reading about psyllium husks, and they said that, if taken for an extended amount of time, the body can become immune and/or intolerant to them! It may have said something about developing an allergy toward it... but I can't really remember. Anyway, based on what I've read and researched, I suggest you stop taking it... and only do a cleanse about once a month ... or every other month. Just my suggestion

Old 08-26-2005, 08:16 AM   #163
    omega47
    (male)

omega47 HB User

lol that sounds scary. good thing i only took it for a week now.

EV, How long did it take you to see any results? i think you said 2 months before but i can't find that post.

I'm taking "probiotic for life" instead of the yakult...it has every lactobacillus in it, there' like 10 of them.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:36 AM   #164
    goldenseal
    (female)

goldenseal HB User

omega47... thank god I found someone who was taking a yakult subsitute how is the "probiotic for life" working for you (also, sporry; do you know if you can find it in the US? If so.. .where?).. and how has teh whole process been for you?

Old 08-26-2005, 09:57 AM   #165
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Sorry, goldenseal, I was running out of steam when I replied to your earlier post - I'll try to be more helpful now! There has been a fair bit of discussion regarding probiotics on here and I have personally come to the conclusion that some form of Lactobacillus is the best for this regimen because it helps to convert lactose (and other simple sugars) to lactic acid, thus inhibiting the growth of harmful bacteria. The reason why I chose Yakult is because Lactobacillus casei is supposedly the most efficacious strain available.

Also, I think I will heed yours and SweetJade1's warnings and cut down on my supplement intake. It will be interesting to see how it affects my skin. Although, for the moment at least, it feels like I can do no wrong

Closed Thread