It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-26-2005, 11:08 AM   #166
    omega47
    (male)

omega47 HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

actually it's called "probiotic acidophillus for life"..sry about the spelling before but it has casei in it with like 10 other ones. Yes, i'm from the US ..i went to my health store and asked the customer for lactobacillus casei and she gave me the probiotic. I just started using all this stuff like 4 days ago psyllium husks,charcoal and probiotic so i can't tell you any results yet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2005, 01:33 PM   #167
    Diggler
    (male)

Diggler HB User

As far as probiotics go... Primal Defense HSO's is the best out there. The downside is it's one of the most expensive.

I would take Primal Defense for 1 month, then swich to an Acidophillus and Bfidium supplement after that. You can get many probiotics that have multiple strains of bacteria in them.

In the UK the best ones are 'BioCare 8 Billion', Prebio7, and Nutri Probiotics.

I'm not sure in the US because I don't too much about the products there. Just get one that contains over 4 billion bacteria per serving and has mutiple strains - definately including acidophillus, casai, and bfidum.

Edit - the capsules are often better than the drinks, but of the drinks Yakult is the best. If taking capsules, take them at the end of a meal, maybe 30 mintes after - when stomach acid is at its weakest.

Last edited by Diggler; 08-26-2005 at 01:35 PM.

Old 08-27-2005, 01:51 AM   #168
    tata77
    (male)

tata77 HB User

hi Emirus (and anyone else who reads this)..so I've been doing this for about 5 days now and i havnt gotten that different stool. Could it be that my body did not have much toxins in it to see a noticable difference? I've been a pretty healthy guy since i started highschool and I am in my college years right now. I feel somewhat of a difference internally everytime I have a bowel movement. It does seem somewhat cleaner than usual. But I am just wondering, if it is possible that I will never see that mucous plague thing. Do you suggest I continue with the supplements? I dunno I wish there was a way to tell that I was on the right track. Any advice would really help. Thanks everyone.

Oh yeah..I'm from the US and found the Yakult if ppl are curious. I think if you look in small asian supermarkets, you should be able to find them in drinking packs. So if you are having trouble finding it, try those type of stores.

Old 08-27-2005, 08:51 AM   #169
    omega47
    (male)

omega47 HB User

i also didn't see any plaque, but my stool has changed a little. It's like a greenish and black color now and it comes out like in ball form lol.

Old 08-27-2005, 01:43 PM   #170
    pr0ps

pr0ps HB User

could i just use my gnc colon cleanse instead of the pyllium husks? will i still get the same results? and what do you think will be better? thanks.

Last edited by pr0ps; 08-27-2005 at 01:46 PM.

Old 08-27-2005, 06:13 PM   #171
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Hi tata77 I wouldn't stress too much about the apparent lack of mucoid plaque. As you say, your healthy lifestyle may mean you don't have too much of a backlog of rubbish; although, I too adopted a healthier diet since secondary school but still suffered the effects of my previous diet anyway. I know it's frustrating to feel like nothing is different but if things are going to improve then you will see the effects in the condition of your skin. But it does take time. Just hang on in there and update us with any progress/setbacks - at least you're doing something! Well done for finding a source of Yakult by the way - I'm sure that will be a help to other US citizens on here

Hey pr0ps! If you are talking about GNC's Colon Care Formula, then I think you'd be okay because it contains Psyllium Husks and Lactobacillus acidophilus, which forms lactic acid (which helps eliminate toxins) just like the strain of Lactobacillus found in Yakult. However, I would recommend adding Activated Charcoal as well because that supposedly does most of the work in removing the build up of toxins and putrefied matter. GNC do carry it. Please report back with your findings whatever you decide to do!

Old 08-27-2005, 06:41 PM   #172
    omega47
    (male)

omega47 HB User

EV, how long did it take u to see any results?

Old 08-28-2005, 04:49 AM   #173
    n0_name
    (male)

n0_name HB User

do you think it would be better to use the Metamucil brand for the fiber? (im constipated) thanks a lot for the informations on this thread!

Last edited by n0_name; 08-28-2005 at 04:51 AM.

Old 08-28-2005, 04:53 AM   #174
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User

@omega47, I have been on this regimen for 2 weeks and I can tell you my face and arms are 100% clear, still got a little bit on my legs and back, but it is clearing slowly, EV I have a question is it ok to drink more than 1 yakult a day?, I've been drinking 2 a day, just cause I like the taste now. I have also relaxed my eating habits a little and eat a little bit more carbohydrates, and a little bit more cooked food. and no breakouts, I didn't wash my face last night to see if I could clog a pore and get a spot, but nothing this morning, so I guess my oil production has lowered and pores have shrunk, cause if i did this a month ago, I could guarantee a new spot. This regimen should be tried by everyone, after 1 month I think I'll lower the dosage of supplements , I've had the odd day that I have forgot to take the supplements and I still have regular bowel movements. Keep This Thread updated with success story's please!

Old 08-28-2005, 07:28 AM   #175
    omega47
    (male)

omega47 HB User

wow 2 weeks? amazing...thanks for the info littledaga. i will keep you guys updated on how things go with me. It's my fourth day now and things are going well. NO new CYSTS. i would say a miracle has occured. lol

Old 08-28-2005, 07:43 AM   #176
    n0_name
    (male)

n0_name HB User

oh and EV, from what i have researched, people should intake 25-35 grams of fiber daily. but your regimen says take 4 500mg of psyllium husks a day. that is only 2 grams of fiber. what do you think? that's why i asked if i could take the Metamucil brand because it has more fiber. thanks.

Last edited by n0_name; 08-28-2005 at 07:45 AM.

Old 08-28-2005, 12:14 PM   #177
    Diggler
    (male)

Diggler HB User

littledaga, I think its fine to take 2 Yakult per day.

You should also try hard to eat LIVE natural yoghurt - find a brand that states on the tub 'Bio', or 'Live', etc.

You can also take the probiotic capsules to be sure you are getting other starins of friendly bacteria as well as the L.Casei from Yakult.

No-Name, as far as fibre is concerned, you should be getting the fibre from your food. Fruit is high in fibre (eaten with the skins on - apples, pears, etc - not oranges skins though, lol). Try also dired fruit like apricots, prunes, raisins - these have fibre, and will keep you very regular bowel movements - don;t overdo dired fruits though - you'll be on the toilet all day, lol.

Things like oats (not instant), barley, buckwheat, bulgar wheat are also high in fibre. Try brown rice also. Vegetables have fibre too - mainly in the skin - jacket potatoes with skins, etc.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:22 PM   #178
    bsg17
    (female)

bsg17 HB User

what is activated charcole? is it the same thing people use to barbq with? if so then you eat charcoles?

Old 08-28-2005, 03:05 PM   #179
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

I should have provided this information in the first place but it's never too late The information below has been compiled from various online sources and explains the ingredients of my regimen in my own words according to my personal research:

Psyllium Husks are a source of soluble fibre derived from the plant Fleawort, most commonly grown in India. Psyllium swells and forms a viscous gel when exposed to water. As a result, the stool becomes bulkier and softer and moves through the intestinal tract more easily and quickly. It would be inaccurate to call Psyllium a laxative; although, it provides a gradual cleansing of the bowels (as opposed to an immediate purge thereof). According to some sources, a dependence on Psyllium Husks may develop.

Activated Charcoal is derived from (in the case of the digestive aid) vegetable sources exposed to very high temperature. It has an exceptionally high surface area and, as a result, excellent absorption capabilities. Once ingested, it binds with certain chemicals in the digestive tract, preventing them from being absorbed into the system and causing harm. The efficacy of Activated Charcoal may be reduced if it is taken in the presence of dairy produce.

Lactobacillus casei is a transient (i.e. short-lived) micro-organism that occurs naturally in the mouth and intestine. Although it occurs naturally, it is advisable, given the Western diet, that its levels are topped up. This must be done daily because of its transient nature; although, Lactobacillus casei is exceptionally resisent to the acids present in the digestive system. Hence, it easily survives the journey through the colon where it fulfils its functions: maintaining the balance of intestinal flora; assisting the peristaltic movement (natural rhythm) of the bowel; and reducing the proliferation of undesirable bacteria.

Old 08-28-2005, 05:06 PM   #180
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

littledaga, I checked out their web site and Yakult say it's fine to drink more than one bottle per day. Although, personally, I still don't exactly like the taste. And like you said, I think you can afford to miss a day if you forget. For me that's part of the beauty of this regimen: it's no longer a matter of "when will I break out?!" - it finally feels like I'm the one in control. But personally I haven't got the guts to see what happens if I skimp on my skincare routine!

I wouldn't be surprised if your pores are already tightening. Mine have gradually shrunk down so much that even the ones that I thought were permanently damaged (in the aftermath of particularly bad cysts) are almost invisible now And as far as your eating habits go, I do believe - in time - you should be able to eat the foods you feel like eating (in moderation) without worrying about your skin. But please, please be honest and let everyone know if you do have any setbacks and try to pinpoint the cause. Thank you

Likewise, omega47, although I truly hope a miracle has occurred for you, please tell us about the negative aspects of your progress under this regimen as well as the positive. It might be really helpful to others if we can compile a list of things to expect/traps to avoid etc. Thanks to you too

n0_name, as Diggler says, you get most of the fibre you need from your general diet. And as Diggler also points out, the best sources are fresh (i.e. uncooked) fruit and root vegetables which are full of nutrients which are best absorbed in the presence of fibre. The benefit of Psyllium Husks is that they are a soluble source of fibre and, as such, expand in your digestive system to greater aid digestion.

Hi there bsg17 Welcome to this thread and Healthboards in general As I posted earlier, Activated Charcoal (in the form I am talking about) is not quite the same as barbecue charcoal because it is derived from vegetables as opposed to timber. But I believe there are sources that come from wood which are used in other applications such as gas masks. The same principle applies: the large surface area of the charcoal absorbs a source of poison, thus diverting it from the entity it is employed to protect. You learn something new everyday, eh!

Anyway, I figured it couldn't do any harm to make an update of my own. In recent weeks I haven't seen any new acne at all. Honestly, some days, I think I'm going to wake up and all this will have been a beautiful dream (and I hope everyone else here will feel like that soon). What I have experienced, however, is the expulsion of the fat deposits under my eyes. I've had these non-acne whiteheads under my eyes for years (only three in total). I believe they're a sign of too much fat in the diet and I think they manifested themselves when my diet was at its worse in my early teenage years.

Well in the last couple of weeks they have slowly been expelled from my skin. I wasn't tempted to pick at them in case it made things worse - I just let them come out naturally. And they have - perfectly cleanly! And I thought I was stuck with them forever. That's the power of this regimen. As I said in my initial posts, the overall condition of my skin is remarkable these days. At the moment I have just one under-the-surface whitehead on my forehead left to come out. It's been threatening for weeks now, but it justs stays there totally harmless.

If I had such a whitehead beforehand, I could guarantee that it would come out as a messy cyst within a day or two of seeing it under the surface, and would generally return in a month-long cycle of misery. Like I said, somebody pinch me Meanwhile, I have decided to cut back on my regimen. I am now only taking the supplements once a day instead of twice and I am still taking one Yakult per day. I will experiement with this level for about a month before considering to cut back even more.

EV

Closed Thread