It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Over 21+ years old with acne, Desperate? I will lend a hand.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-02-2005, 02:24 PM   #16
    smite
    (male)

smite HB User
    Re: Over 21+ years old with acne, Desperate? I will lend a hand.

Interesting stuff. Keep it coming. I definately fit the profile.

A few questions:
    - Where does Milk (Dairy) fall into all of this?

- You mention B5 as a successful treatment, so why did you stop taking it? Personally it worked wonders for me but I started to have some signs of hairloss which scared me off of it.

- What is your opinion of pantenthine compared to B5?

I realize the last 2 questions really have nothing to do with your thread here, but I'd be interested in hearing your opinions as it seems you have been around the block when it comes to treatments.

Looking forward to hearing the rest of your solution.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2005, 04:03 PM   #17
    amo
    (female)

amo HB User

Please continue...
    love to know where this is going if the "no" carb thing is not your answer....

Old 09-02-2005, 05:28 PM   #18
    c0nfused
    (male)

c0nfused HB User

thanks for the advice so far, i am going to start my two day diet tomorrow. wish me luck and please continue!

Old 09-02-2005, 05:49 PM   #19
    ksaguy
    (male)

ksaguy HB User

WOW!

now that i read your posts IWillHelpYou, i realised that almost all the stuff you said is ture at least with me.

i had a very oily skin. infact, once a derm told me that i was one of the very few teens he had seen with such oily skin (i was 14 by then)....... i used to masturbate alot.
    and now when i decided to quit masturbating, my skin is less oily.
    i have double chin and a lil big belly although i was thin, my friend told me it was becuase of masturbation and now after reading about testrones, this does make sens.

i am going to start this diet tomorrow and wish me luck.
    i will be waiting for you to continue.

Thank You By the way.

P-S. i tried Asprin mask, and it worked wonders but i am afriad it wont last long and my skin and acne will get used to it and re-appear.

Old 09-02-2005, 07:25 PM   #20
    Iwillhelpyou
    (male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thesedays
    I have nothing to add reallly, but after reading this, I just want to clear up a few things ......eating what is listed here is NOT 0 carbs.

Brocolli has 4 gr carbs per serving (fist) .....ALL veggies have carbs, however, they are the "good carbs" not the sugar, refined bad carbs.

Rule of thumb .....cut out anything white .....no bread, no pasta, no flour, no rice, no sugar ..........if you're drinking diet soda, or items labeled "sugar free" they are still using artificial sweetner and should also be cut out for at least two weeks. Lean meats, eggs, all green veggies, most veggies really, except the starchy and/or root veggies .....carrotts, etc.

You must also drink ALOT of water as this will flush the bad things out of your system.

Eventually you add more veggies / fruit / some grains into your diet.

However, even two days of 0 carbs is NOT healthy.
    1) What you say is all true, I do not recommend a 0 carb diet, You can eat vegetables + Meat.

This is just an experiement to test if your skin reduces oil.

Good addition to the thread though, thank you.

Old 09-02-2005, 07:28 PM   #21
    Iwillhelpyou
    (male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smite
    A few questions:
    - Where does Milk (Dairy) fall into all of this?

- You mention B5 as a successful treatment, so why did you stop taking it? Personally it worked wonders for me but I started to have some signs of hairloss which scared me off of it.

- What is your opinion of pantenthine compared to B5?
    MILK - I drink milk only before I workout or run, Remember, milk helps young kids grow, why? they increase testerone, Of course you can still drink milk, only if you work out 30 minutes RIGHT after you drink it.

I recommend you try low/no fat yogurt (no sugar additions)

B5- I used B5 for almost 2 years, I recommend it whole heartly, B5 helps metabolizes carbs, unfortunately it stoped working for me much, so I stoped using it, It seems my body got used to it. I recommend anybody to use B5 with this type of diet, It will speed up your success rate. I never used panthetitine.

Old 09-02-2005, 07:35 PM   #22
    Iwillhelpyou
    (male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ksaguy
    i had a very oily skin. infact, once a derm told me that i was one of the very few teens he had seen with such oily skin (i was 14 by then)....... i used to masturbate alot.
    and now when i decided to quit masturbating, my skin is less oily.

i am going to start this diet tomorrow and wish me luck.
    i will be waiting for you to continue.

Hello Ksaguy,

I feel your pain really, the key to continue masturbation/sexual intercourse is , after you do the task, for 3-5 days your hormones will be out of wack,

During this time for 3-5 days after, I usually workout even more to calm down my hormones.

Remember exercise calms hormones. While it might not clear everything up, it decreases it.

When your hormones are out of wack, you tend to:
    a) eat more (get more hungrier)
    why people eat after sex
    b) more horny (more testorone)

The more you eat, the more calories, no exercise, ends up on our face.

Unfortunately thats how us ACNE-PRONE males or even females (periods) end up with.

People with normal metabolization do not have this problem.

Solution: Exercise more for 2-3 days after you do your thing.

Old 09-02-2005, 07:43 PM   #23
    Iwillhelpyou
    (male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

Confused: I'm glad you will be testing out

THE EXPERIEMENT re-explained:

1) Note down how oily your face is usually after a normal meal. You should know by touching your face anyway

2) Do the meat and vegetables meal
    - No white bread, no pasta, no rice, only vegs and meats
    - only green vegetables and meat
    - don't cook with too much oil, normal canola oil just a teaspoon, hell if you can cook with no oil the better
    - Eat morning / lunch / dinner
    - Drink 1 bottle of water every 2 hours This will flush out the bad things as a very informed poster has mentioned (I forgot to mention this)
    - Portion size, 2 fist fulls max, If you eat between meals, lower it to 1.5 fist fulls or 1 fist, Remmeber, EXTRA CALORIES YOU DO NOT BURN = OIL ON YOUR FACE!

-Example: I sit at my computer for 7 hours in the morning, during that 7 hours I will only eat one meal for brunch (1.5 fistfulls) 3 snacks in between once every 1.5 hours.
    At dinner, When I can workout after a meal, I will eat 2 fistfulls and some carbs or pasta , After I eat I EXERCISE!

3)
    *** important ****
    - Try to eat in between snacks (vegs/meats as well)
    Small snacks once every hour, maybe a piece of meat with a big lettuce wrapped around it.
    this way your body can cope with the carb drawdown.
    *** important ****

4) 2 days later, re-note your skin, is it less oily?
    How much less oily?
    If it is less oily, this is the key, you are on your way to clear skin.

Your skin will not clear up immediately, But this is the key, you need less oil on your skin to clear up.

If you have moderate acne, you will need 3 weeks to clear up your skin mininum.

If you have mild acne, you will need 1.5 weeks to clear up your skin mininum.

DIET IS ONLY THe 1st PART OF THE SOLUTION.

The next steps are: MEASURING,UPKEEP / Sweating/ Exercising (not for what you think its for our pleasure! Its how we can eat good food!)

Last edited by Iwillhelpyou; 09-02-2005 at 08:43 PM.

Old 09-02-2005, 08:03 PM   #24
    Iwillhelpyou
    (male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

After you have tested your 2 day experiement and know your can lower your oil production on your skin.

PORE CLEANSING ROUTINE. 2 methods.

You can pore cleanse 2 ways.

1) Exercise Run for 1-3 miles (best way) , Lift weights (I know this is not possible for girls), You must sweat profusely (Profusely= Whole tshirt wet)

If you skin does not sweat easily, use Step #2 steamroom.

I workout everyday, either lifting weights or exercising running right after I eat a meal with carbs (pasta etc..)

Yes I know this is tiring, but god damnit, we have acne, Fortunatently,
    I ended up with a more musclar body and no depression , no headaches, just HEALTHY.

2) SAUNER OR STEAMROOM at your gym.

You need to get a membership at a gym or YMCA with a sauna or steam room,

I prefer steamroom.

Steam rooms will cleanse your pores,

YOU MUST DO THIS, EITHER SWEAT PROFUSELY running or STEAM ROOM.

After steam room, you should RUN or do light workouts, why?

I've noticed that after I am in the steam room my blood pressure is high, high blood pressure = stress to body, stress to body = oily skin, the good thing is my pores are cleaned out and there not much infection to happen even if I do have oily skin for that night. Your high blood pressure should subside in 2 hours.

I just run a mile after,
    guys: YOU SHOULD LIFT WEIGHTS. This will help you metabolize more carbs!

girls : can lift a few weights nice and toned, buns of steel! , maybe do some yoga or aerobics. or swimming.

Conclusion:

1) You can either cleanse your pores through sweating through normal workouts, or sweating through a steam room.

YOU NEED TO SWEAT TO EXCRETE THE OIL/BACTERIA/CRAP OUT OF YOUR PORES.

Last edited by Iwillhelpyou; 09-02-2005 at 08:14 PM.

Old 09-02-2005, 08:29 PM   #25
    Iwillhelpyou
    (male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

When I was experimenting for quite a few years,

Every time I thought I had acne kicked out of my system whether it was b5, accutane, diets, whatever, It would always come back, I would be so happy for 5 days,

The joy in my life when I had clear skin, I can not explain, it is the best feeling in the world, I don't know how lucky clear skin people have it, but anytime I have clear skin, I feel like I AM IN HEAVEN, THANK THE GODS, I AM IN HEAVEN! You don't need to give me anything, just standing around without looking like a freak = HEAVEN TO ME.

Sadly the the acne would then come back the next day or after the treatment and I'd become more depressed then an orphan with no gifts on christmas day.

My motivation to continue drops everytime I fail,
    the struggle, I can't stop, this is my life, I don't want to be locked in my house for the rest of my life, I need to beat this , I NEED TO BEAT THIS, Get up tomorrow and rethink what you did wrong.

Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

I will win this.

I kept notes , researched the glyecimic charts,.

I tried to cut out bread, ate vegs and rice, still oily, I tried to cut out rice, ate wendys salads and meat, worked ok but still acne, but much less, I love eating at Diners, I love my biscuits, why can't I eat it, man I just want to live a normal life, argh I HATE MY LIFE!
    I masturbate, I get more acne, I eat I get acne, this freaking sucks, I might as well just be holed up with saddam in his hole and I'd live better. I exercise but I don't eat right, I get acne. Less I eat (starvation diet) the more acne I get NOT HEALTHY! (

After this constant back and forth, one day a lightbulb popped..

well if I know
    - eating well reduces acne
    - exercising till I sweat reduces acne
    - sweating cleans out pores

but I never tried both or all three at the same time for some reason,

What if I combine both, The results must be different.

And it is, one week I did them all, It was spectacular, I thank the gods and this is the start of perfecting the regime.

The HEALTHY REGIME
    "Not easy, Nothing long lasting comes easy"

Last edited by Iwillhelpyou; 09-02-2005 at 08:35 PM.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:46 PM   #26
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User

cool man.. well i've been eating healthy for awhile and i'm getting used to it.. but i never run or sweat.. i'm kind of skeptical about the sweating part helping to clean out your pores.. i mean why not just use a face cleanser and wash your face real good? i do workout and lift weights a couple times a week but maybe i should increase that....so the idea is you really dont even need to work out you think but you just need to sweat a lot? or both because working out burns carbs & makes you sweat which cleans your pores.

Old 09-03-2005, 12:21 AM   #27
    joeh
    Senior Veteran

joeh HB User

testosterone.....androgens....human sex hormone.....

Old 09-03-2005, 01:59 AM   #28
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User

hey iwillhelpyou: i guess i just got a few questions

1. around how many carbs do you eat per day? in grams

2. how often do you run or lift weights?

3. how much water do you drink?

4. Having sex/masterbation is also stress reducer and exercise at the same time..what do you think about the pros/cons.. have you or ANYONE noticed any correlation with acne?

Last edited by soupyhead; 09-03-2005 at 02:49 AM.

Old 09-03-2005, 07:10 AM   #29
    Iwillhelpyou
    (male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by soupyhead
    hey iwillhelpyou: i guess i just got a few questions

1. around how many carbs do you eat per day? in grams

2. how often do you run or lift weights?

3. how much water do you drink?

4. Having sex/masterbation is also stress reducer and exercise at the same time..what do you think about the pros/cons.. have you or ANYONE noticed any correlation with acne?

1) I eat lots of vegetables a day, and During lunch and dinner, I eat maybe a palm of pasta, or palm of rice, or 1 slice of bread (that should be around 10-15 g of carbs)

On the weekends, I will usuaully eat well at a restaurant, lets say chicken alfredo pasta,

but when I get home, its running for a mininum of 30 minutes, (lots of sweat required)

If you want to flip it around and you have a date at dinner, you'd probably eat well at lunch, and eat no carbs at dinner so you don't have to work out right after.
    You need to know whe you can workout so you can eat your carbs,

If you work at an office all day, you can only eat some carbs in the morning and workout right after and go to work.

2) I run every morning, because I like to eat some carbs in the morning,
    I workout after EVERYTIME I eat carbs (which is every dinner meal),
    The more carbs I eat, the MORE I workout,

This is the *KEY* to maintaining this regime.

You can eat anything you want, but the richer you eat (pasta/bread/muffins) the more you have to work out.

Its that simple, you eat a muffin with 300 calories, be prepared to run for 30 minutes.

You eat at a chinese buffet and stuff yourself with 4 plates of carbs, be prepared to workout for 1-2 hours.

After awhile, it gets kind of fun actually. THE KEY IS LIVING LIFE AND NOT MISSING OUT ON ANYTHING.
    This way you can EAT anything you want.

3) I drink an average amount of water, at least half a gallon a day.
    so around a 12 ounce every 1.5 hours.

4) soupyhead:
    Having sex/masterbation is also stress reducer
    This is correct, except sex/masturbation increases testerone. That generates more oil on your skin.
    Most people deny it, Many people including me have first hand experience in seeing more oil production 2-4 days right after the deed.
    I'm not saying you can't have sex, you just need to work out even more after.

The key is knowing:

Eating Carbs = PLEASURE
    Pleasure = requires EFFORT (exercise after)

Or it'll be
    PLEASURE PLEASURE PLEASURE PLEASURE = NO EQUILIBURIUM -> ACNE

PLEASURE , EFFORT, PLEASURE ,EFFORT = EQUILIBURIUM

Last edited by Iwillhelpyou; 09-03-2005 at 07:16 AM.

Old 09-03-2005, 07:14 AM   #30
    Iwillhelpyou
    (male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by soupyhead
    i'm kind of skeptical about the sweating part helping to clean out your pores.. i mean why not just use a face cleanser and wash your face real good? so the idea is you really dont even need to work out you think but you just need to sweat a lot? or both because working out burns carbs & makes you sweat which cleans your pores.
    Hello Soupyhead,

You bring up another spectacular question,
    Sweating is the BIGGEST part of this regime,

Oil is outputted from your skin, when you sweat you output the oil and other bacteria without it being clogged up,
    Its like a facuet, lets say the faucet has some clogged up crap inside it,

IF you flush it with water, you will flush out the clogged stuff.

But if you never flush it, and you just let it stick there, it will clog up and manifest into bacteria.

Idea behind lifting weights:
    More muscles you have, the more carbs you burn!
    Muscles burn carbs , more Pleasure I can eat, More better you look!

Closed Thread