It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• Misscarriage but no DAC, symptoms....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-31-2005, 04:37 PM   #1
    alucky22
    (female)

alucky22 HB User
    Misscarriage but no DAC, symptoms....

Yes, my name is amy and I miscarried on Jluy 25th 2005. I have not had a cycle yet but on the 27,28,29 I was spotting no pain or anything. Then yesterday evening it was like my period was starting with the blood, no pain eaither or anything. I did not have a DaC. The OB Dr. said that I was passing everything, so they did not do that procedure. But lately today I had a slight fever of 99.9. I have been feeling sick lately like throwing up but I never do. I don't know if I need to go back in and have a DaC or what. I am soo scared, please help...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2005, 02:12 PM   #2
    Jelohi
    (female)

Jelohi HB User
    Re: Misscarriage but no DAC, symptoms....

You should go back to the Doctor. They can do an ultrasound to see if anything is left inside that might be causing your symptoms. I had to do this last week (had a D&C after I thought everthing had passed). I wasn't feeling ill though, they just did an ultrasound as a precaution. I have read that un-passed material can cause infection or eventual infertility, so definitely get it checked out.

Good luck to you!

Old 09-02-2005, 08:04 AM   #3
    Cupcake3
    (female)

Cupcake3 HB User

Amy,

Can you get your Dr to do another Ultrasound. my first D&C (april 28th) did not get it all out so I had to have another June 8th. I had to go to my gp because the OB was not listening to me very well and I was feeling sick and cramping badly. GP found tissue 2cm thick and called the OB right away.

Get it checked out even if you have to go to another Dr.

take care
    and keep us updated on your progress.

Old 09-02-2005, 03:31 PM   #4
    alucky22
    (female)

alucky22 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cupcake3
    Amy,

Can you get your Dr to do another Ultrasound. my first D&C (april 28th) did not get it all out so I had to have another June 8th. I had to go to my gp because the OB was not listening to me very well and I was feeling sick and cramping badly. GP found tissue 2cm thick and called the OB right away.

Get it checked out even if you have to go to another Dr.

take care
    and keep us updated on your progress.
    What kind of sickness were you feeling and how long did it last?

Old 09-02-2005, 06:00 PM   #5
    Cupcake3
    (female)

Cupcake3 HB User
    Question Re: Misscarriage but no DAC, symptoms....

Amy,
    I felt nautious almost like throwing up, my cramps were bad and I think I was still having contractions like my body was trying to get rid of something. but at the same time I had a normal period. But after the period I spotted all the time. Also, my stomach was not going down anytime soon. I am a really petite person so I knew something was wrong. My OB said that it would subside but it never did from April - June, but I had a normal period in May. After the second D&C my period came 2 days later and it was very heavy with lots of bad cramps. So Immediately my body went back to normal.

Please get a second opinion from another DR or even your GP. You do not want that to be in side of you too long.

Take care and keep us updated on your progress. You will be fine and back to normal in no time to try again!!!

Last edited by Cupcake3; 09-02-2005 at 06:04 PM.

Old 09-03-2005, 09:15 AM   #6
    alucky22
    (female)

alucky22 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cupcake3
    Amy,
    I felt nautious almost like throwing up, my cramps were bad and I think I was still having contractions like my body was trying to get rid of something. but at the same time I had a normal period. But after the period I spotted all the time. Also, my stomach was not going down anytime soon. I am a really petite person so I knew something was wrong. My OB said that it would subside but it never did from April - June, but I had a normal period in May. After the second D&C my period came 2 days later and it was very heavy with lots of bad cramps. So Immediately my body went back to normal.

Please get a second opinion from another DR or even your GP. You do not want that to be in side of you too long.

Take care and keep us updated on your progress. You will be fine and back to normal in no time to try again!!!
    Thank you for your information it is very helpful. It is hard for me to see another Dr. because my Husband is in the military and we have to go throught the Military insurance. I have already saw 3 different OB Dr's at William Boumount Army Medical Hospital. Well it is now Saturday and I don't have any cramping or anything like that. Just the slight fever. I also don't know if it is allergies that is making me have this fever because my throat is itchy. I am going to my Primary Care Dr on Tuesday and I will ask them if they could refer me to have a check up. Everytime I would go and ask a OB Dr they said that they wouldn't exam me because I was not in any pain or severe bleeding that I would have to go throught the ER. Right now I noticed and this was yesterday too that when I wipe I get light brownish discharge. I think that is old blood?? I still haven't had a period and my miscarriage happened July 25th. Unless this is what it is going to be like for now. How long does it usually take to have a normal period. I haven't really much been having sex once in a while but with a condom. I don't know just ever since I had the miscarriage it is like I am scared to have sex again, because I am affraid it will happen again. But we really want a baby.

Old 09-08-2005, 03:50 PM   #7
    alucky22
    (female)

alucky22 HB User

Hello all. Well a good thing, if you want to say it is a good thing for me it is. I FINALLY started my cycle on the 5th! But it was like a water fall, very heavy and passing a lot of clots, but with no pain.I asked the Dr and they said that it was ok for that to be like that. She said that my body is getting rid of what ever else was in there and it was ok as long as I was not filling too many pads and not having and certain pains. So, now the question is, is I know that I can try again, I am ready but mentally I am scared. I am scared that it will happen again. It was a lot to go through and I feel sorry for everyone that has went through more than I.

Closed Thread